It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.3 Earth quake hits Pacific, no Tsunami warning issued

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

I looked for this posted here but have not found it.

SUVA, Fiji (AP) — A magnitude-6.3 earthquake has shaken the Pacific region south of the Fiji islands.
There were no immediate reports of damage or injuries, and the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not issue any alerts or warnings after the quake.
The United States Geological Survey reported the earthquake struck Tuesday afternoon 472 miles (759 kilometers) south of Fiji, at a depth of 362 miles (583 kilometers).

I could have sworn that there was a thread of someone predicting a Pacific earthquake this week or soon, wish I could find it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
you mean the one 12 HOURS AGO?

For the next time here's a Thread for earthquakes

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I recommend Quake Watch 2012 thread

All significant quakes are posted and discussed over there.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

I looked for this posted here but have not found it.

Basically this is probably because it is a non-event in the great scheme of things.

Fiji often has Mag 6+ quakes and often, like this one, they are VERY deep. A mag 6 this deep is basically nothing to be concerned about at all.

As suggested, take a look at Quake Watch 2012 as you will always find these events there, with appropriate comments if the event demands them.

You will find the link to the last post of the thread in my signature.

I could have sworn that there was a thread of someone predicting a Pacific earthquake this week or soon, wish I could find it.

It would not be difficult to do that!! The chances of a Pacific earthquake of Mag 6 or greater this week, or any week, is about 100%

I would be more impressed by a prediction of NO mag 6 quakes. Much more difficult to achieve.

edit on 24/1/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

haha thanks for giving me a heads up, excuse my ignorance. NY doesn't get very many noticeable quakes. Thanks for the link to the thread guys. Appreciate it.

new topics

top topics

join