It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange plans TV chat show

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Julian Assange plans TV chat show

www.telegraph.co.uk

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is to host a TV show interviewing "key political players, thinkers and revolutionaries" from around the world.

The 10-part series will begin in mid-March, according to a press release on the Wikileaks website, and its theme will be "the world tomorrow".

Assange said: “This is an exciting opportunity to discuss the vision of my guests in a new style of show that examines their philosophies and struggles in a deeper and clearer way than has been done before.”

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Wow, this amazes me that he is hosting a show while he is in the middle of a court case, waiting for an appeal. Good on him though. It sounds like an interesting show to watch, considering we get one of the world's most controversial figures and put him to interview some important political players.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
so bradley manning gets a prison sentence and assange gets a tv show?

ive been following assange for ages, but im not really sure how i feel about him.
its entirely possible he has been comprimised, which should become apparent when the show airs

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
This sounds great

I can see why you would suspect Assange to be an asset, but at the moment I do not share this view.

Some of the stuff they have released have really pee'd off the higher ups

But at the same time one could wonder, if he is legit, why is he still talking?

I mean, in the Anwar al-Awlaki incident, the man was just talking about America's misdeeds, and encouraging punishment for the USA.

Is that not what Assange in affect has done also?

Assange is obviously at least pretty safe from drone strikes in the UK, but agents could surely get him if they wanted too,

Or is the UK "protecting" Assange purposely for some reason?

The US has accused Britain of harbouring Islamic terrorists in the past, which I do not doubt is false.........

But with the whole 9/11 mess (In my view, sufficiently proven "Government" involvement), America's not one to go pointing fingers

Its probably all just for show anyway, I think most countries around the world, are at these Banksters beck and call

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

He has published information the same way a newpaper does. that does not give peeps the right to chase him round the globe calling for his arrest and execution. he has been under house arrest for a long time now and sofar has been convicted of no crime.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Personally, I think hes a scumbag but I will stand up for him, regardless of how stupid what he did was, because he has every right as a journalist to publish whatever he wants, no matter what it is. It doesnt matter if the government is opposed to it - they dont have any right to censor the media or suppress what people want to say. The only criminal here is the person who stole the information and leaked it. Julian Assange is a journalist doing a journalists job. This shouldnt even be a debate.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Honestly, I am so sick of Julian Assange.

He really mislead us all... He was acting like he had documents that would blow our minds. Basically he just proved what already know, the government lies to us.

He claimed to have UFO documents, when the reality is he didn't. He should stop stirring the pot, and only speak when he actually has real documents and information to say.

Seriously forget wikileaks, this guy really is advancing his own agenda..Talk show? really?
edit on 24-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
YOWZA , I watch RT all the time , sometimes flipping to Sky , then the BBC just to see how long it takes for the other two to catch up......... sometimes months ha ha , I will reserve my comments regarding Mr Assange until the show is aired, but will have no problem shooting him down if the narrative is just to futher his own showbiz ego.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Have people realised yet that Julian Assange is working for the elite? This has already been proved by his "star" treatment while detained and of course by the fact he wasn't killed off immediately but given a talk show!

His video is on RT (Russian Today) Youtube channel right now, claiming to have "exposed the world's secrets" and stating that he is "on a quest for revolutionary ideas that can change the world tomorrow". Now anyone who knows anything about what's going knows that he has certainly not exposed the world's secrets at all and calling for revolutionary ideas is exactly what the TPTB want. They need a revolution in order to take over. It's their next move.

Don't let them do it. Don't support the revolution.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
"star treatment"? Are you kidding? He has been detained without any charges for +500 days. He is being detained even though there is nothing that would stop Sweden from conducting their investigation without extradition. BS.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The show is actually quite good and informative.

For those who didn't think that Assange had any journalistic merit, he's quite the interviewer. He's very good at asking questions you want the answers to and listening completely to what the interviewee has to say.

assange.rt.com...

new topics

top topics

join