It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Quentin Tarantino Movie?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hated the Kill Bills.

Liked Jackie Brown.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Inglourious Basterds I just didn't care for. I thought it was too long, and dragged.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

World War II movies are like that.

You ever see Heart's War? Now that was too long, and dragged

edit on 26-1-2012 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

See, I liked Hart's War. You're right, there are a lot of WWII movies that are really long. Bridge on the River Kwai, The Great Escape, The Dirty Dozen, The Longest Day... all vastly superior IMO to Inglourious Basterds. It just didn't do it for me.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Sorry for the misspelling of Hart's War.

Based on all the cool movies you just named, I'd say it's perfectly okay you don't like Basterds.

Nice taste.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
His movies are so different, it's kind of hard to pin down. Different ones are good for completely different reasons.

My personal favorite is Machete. I just love the story behind how and why it was made (expanded from a trailer in Grindhouse), and it was just great fun.

I really think the Kill Bill series is his opus though.

I never got the attraction to Pulp Fiction though...never cared that much for that one.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Kill Bill 1 & 2 all the way, though Reservoir Dogs a very close second.

Loved Pulp Fiction, but also loved From Dusk Til Dawn. I know, most didn't like it, but the dialogue was very funny and made the film.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ceriddwen

From Dusk Till Dawn was pretty good, up until the part with the vampires. It's like two different movies, the before and after. It did have some good quips in there though. And, the Selma Hayek snake dance scene will live in my memory forever...

Quentin played one sick dude in that movie...

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Ceriddwen

From Dusk Till Dawn was pretty good, up until the part with the vampires. It's like two different movies, the before and after. It did have some good quips in there though. And, the Selma Hayek snake dance scene will live in my memory forever...

Quentin played one sick dude in that movie...

I agree with every part of that quote, though I still liked the vampires. I do agree that it was like two different movies, but I still enjoyed it.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Death Proof was Awesome!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
pulp fiction... duh....

if not for pulp fiction, we would think Quentin tarantino, was a mushroom or something....

pulp fiction was such a change in hollywood..

would have to be in my timeline to understand this..

pulp fiction was his best....

again.... DUH

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I'll admit that Pulp Fiction was a game-changer in Hollywood and made Quentin a household name, just wasn't my cup of tea, movie-wise.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join