It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter " Horrible to Attack Iran"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I really don't know what else I can say to make this anymore clear.

• You are confusing the democratic process of an election, with the democratic process in governance.

Yes, the Egyptians have elected their government democratically. The issue now, is how non-muslims will be treated by this religious government.

Is not Islamic history a logical place to look to discover how shari'a law bodes for the non-Muslim (which in Egypt is made up of mostly atheists/christians) population?

I gave an example earlier with civil law suits. Muslims are always given priority, as they're believed to be more righteous and forthcoming. This is how it has always been in all Muslim lands.

Also, 3/4 of Egypt's incumbent legislature will be from Islamic parties. Meaning, positions of authority in government will be filled by Muslims, in the judiciary and administrative branches.

So explain to me how this is 'democratic'. The only thing democratic about this entire process, is the election. From there on out, it will be theocratic i.e. in accord with Islamic religious law. This is only logical, since 3/4 of the incoming legislature will be Islamic, which means the non-Islamic faction of government will have very little say in the formation of Egypts laws.
    edit on 27-1-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

• new topics

<< 1   >>

join