It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fathers Of Justice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
These are a group of fathers fighting for better rights for Dads past this i dont know much about them but that isnt the point. Now i dont know if you heard about a guy from fathers of justice who dressed up like Bat Man and climbed to a ledge on Buckingham Palace and another Dad from the same group got into the house of commons and through pouches of purple powder at Mr Blair. Now what i am going to say may be wrong and FFJ may be a Ligit group but every time somthing like these happens the media, news and people in genral start talking what if these people were Terrorists. The whole thing may have be fabricated by the Govrnment to increase fear of a terror attack and as reasons to tighten security.

No offence ment to any member of Fathers Of Justice that may read this.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
More power to them I say (the Father 4 Justice)

I don't think it's a scam. The laws in this country are HUGELY slanted in favour of women when it comes to custody and child care. The mother automatically gets custody in most cases and all too often move/disappear/make it impossible for the dad to remain in contact. It's a problem that far to many (mostly female) social workers etc don't even acknowledge.

Go Super Hero dads!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I do understand the custody problems as my parents split however are still good terms. I simply see it as a possibleity.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
More power to them I say (the Father 4 Justice)

I don't think it's a scam. The laws in this country are HUGELY slanted in favour of women when it comes to custody and child care. The mother automatically gets custody in most cases and all too often move/disappear/make it impossible for the dad to remain in contact. It's a problem that far to many (mostly female) social workers etc don't even acknowledge.

Go Super Hero dads!!!

I agree. I am not divorced but I was friends with a man who was. He went through one of the worst divorces I heard of. He was married with 6 children and owned a business. His wife cheated on him and wanted a divorce. They went to court where she got everything. She sold his business of a dollar and he was forced to pay 1200 a month in child support. Here is the kicker, he only made 1600 a month and his new job being a mail room worker. She remarried a rich man and still wanted her money. Every couple of months he would goto court and get sentence jail time because he could pay the full amount of child support. Now this was befire alot of the newer laws but this guy commited suicide and the law where to late. His bitch ex wife didnt even pay for a funeral.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
like i said i wasnt takeing a dig at the father for justice

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
that's cool shorty, I/we understand that!

I think some media outlets make a fuss by connecting things like this potential terrorism, but I think most sensible people realise these sorts of security breaches are a different issue.

the UK is such a small, compact place that it would be impossible to totally secure it physically without seriously impeding the day to day operation of the country. For that reason, I doubt any government would even attempt it, since far too many people would vocally and physically object.

That's why I'm personally not too worried about the implications of these sort of protests on civil liberties. I'm no expert, but I lived in central London through 9/11 and the years afterwards and while there was an increase in visible security "deterents" they don't seem to impede anyone. I get the feeling our anti-terrorism people operate in a much more clandestine / low key manner... which seems to be working perfectly well so far.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No the cameras are very intrusive, we the average British person gets caught by cctv as many as 300 times each day.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I know what you're saying, but cameras don't really bother me to be honest. If I'm in public then people can see me anyway whether they're looking through cameras or just their own eyes! Being pretty tall with shaven head and quite distinctive features I tend to get glanced at a lot anyway.

I used to be bothered about the increase in cctv, but as I've grown older it bothers me less and less. I'm not breaking any laws.. (apart from the national speed limit on white-sign(non major) roads.. and that's kinda-sorta allowed as long as know what you're doing and don't take risks!
)

[edit on 15/9/04 by muppet]

top topics

join