It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A NEW loud and strange sound recorded in Ireland...With evidence suggesting it's real!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mastahunta
This sound is an

E flat - it is very near perfect in pitch (A440)

Makes me think it could be generated and man made...

Man didn't invent pitches. Infact if anything man reproduced it to make music.

The other videos of the trumpeting were mostly (the ones I checked and determined were NOT copies of an original) in C#.

something about them makes my mind race however, not sure what it is.. either one person is responsible for them as they tend to follow a pattern, OR suddenly the rest of the internet is good at copying an idea and bunging it on youtube.

(kinda like 20-30 people all coming up with CHAD drones one after the other, but all from different sources, and slightly different)...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DrNotforhire

Don't think so... no company would be willing to put themselves at the mercy of legal action should anyone believe this is the rapture and kill themselves as a direct result of a 'marketing' strategy for a game.

this is more like trolling..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

All three of those are fake. The real deal sounds like airplanes roaring over your head really low that kind of never leaves. Those sound like creaky metal equipment, much like the Kiev video. If I hear the Kiev sound in any video, I'm just going to go ahead and call it fake.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I have audiophille quielity speakers, explain to me how a "mistake/damage/blown/etc" makes it sound like wind? Unless the speakers are connected to a synth that generates wind
edit on 24-1-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
armagh??? probably british army or psni helecopter, thats my first impression.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
just seen a video on another link here with a video showing the movie "red state" sounds exactly the same as this "noise" movie looks good too lol

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
another with the sound... its not as loud as it is on the other videos (sorry dont no how to embed)

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-1-2012 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JokerzReality

At about the 2min mark i seem to hear whats sounds like a chainsaw, but that's just me. It is interesting that there are other people out to, like they here it to,strange to say the least. I don't know what it could be. It seems odd that there are so many of these's sounds reported around the world, i don't believe they are all fake,some are though! I wish there was an explanation for this.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
As the_denv says, ATS has members from all over the world, and if this phenomenon were as wide spread as the youtube videos make it out to be, surely we'd have a member here who has heard this themselves - I mean the tortured trumpet sound, not the low grumbling that makes windows and walls shake as Stealthycat has recorded.

... it's real? can you imagine if suddenly members on here start reporting hearing that terrifying noise and offer videos as evidence? I mean long term members who a lot to lose for hoaxing? Can you imagine it if you hear it yourself??

I don't suppose the Search function here works very well...as we all kinda know ALL TOO WELL..
So it's forgivable that one might assume we don't have dozens of members who have come on reporting first hand and direct experience in hearing versions of the sky sounds.

In fact...some of the threads in recent months have gone on for page after page after page....and they've largely been 1st person experiences related and discussed by our very own member base. So.... the Organ sound events seem a little unusual, if not rare...but the fact these ARE happening world wide, being heard world wide and being related by ATS members from all over the planet is only a (working) search function away.

The truth is out there...and dozens discuss it here...as direct witnesses, indeed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
We really must not find ourselves sidetracked with these false things going on, blinding us from the real issues we should be discussing.

i feel this is definitely a point and probably what's going on, a diversion. i also think if this is truly a "strange sound" they should all be identical, there's just to many versions of the sound and as overwhelming of the possibility of something this spectacular going on you know the media would grab hold of this and put it in heavy rotation to for lack of real news and to scare us all into buying supplies like they do with just about everything like armageddon, winter storms.. ect.. it's very much resembles a hollywood style sci-fi effect and who else but a human knows we'd be fearful of a sound like that, if it was from the earth, another dimension, extraterrestrial.. i would think it'd be unfamiliar to us and invoke a lot more concern amongst the masses. my opinion is it's something to divert our attention until they can get enough support to implement war in iran, amoungst everything else that's gone horribly awry up to this point in time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

All three of those are fake. The real deal sounds like airplanes roaring over your head really low that kind of never leaves. Those sound like creaky metal equipment, much like the Kiev video. If I hear the Kiev sound in any video, I'm just going to go ahead and call it fake.

Just a quick note...but I agree 100% about one of the characteristics of the "real" sound events. I've talked to several and read countless reports from people who've experienced these first hand and that aspect is consistent.

It's described as a bass within the sound that is more felt than heard...almost a deep vibration apart from the sound entirely. Hard to describe...despite having seen people try so many times. I guess that unsettled confusion and deep anxiety about what is heard is something of a hallmark to the 'legit' reports.

Of course this only seems to apply to what I've come to think of as the hovering/station keeping engines noises or whatever the heck they are using that generates such incredible power/energy for the all encompassing sound people hear in the rumbling.

I don't know quite what to make of..or how to weed out the fakes..from the other 3 distinct classes of 'Sound Event' people are experiencing around the world.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

The Nottingham one is fake because I was working outdoors all day in Notts on the 17th. I would have heard this if it happened.

I have noticed that a lot of these vids sound like they sample the same sound, especially that one where the bird screeches in the background.

I think a couple might be real but how can we know?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JokerzReality

As for any sound being "real," we all have heard the question "if a tree falls in the forest and know one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" I have always felt sure it does, a sound is just vibrations, or density variations/compression of same in the air/water. The air is going to vibrate wether or not anyone is around to hear it. However... Different people (we'll exclude other animals for the sake of argument, its hard to ask what let alone how it affected them) perceive many sounds slightly differently.

I was intrigued with the post indicating various "tones, etc" overlapping and/or embedded w/in the total sound, was interpreted by that person. Also you have to take the fact that any artificial recording of a sound from electronic directly or electro-mechanical as in an old LP will distort sound (unless you have seriously bad ass equipment), even w/that some still say the "middle men" of reproducing any sound MUST by its nature distort it, at least a little. I agree. There are so many variables that I don't think anyone knows all of them for sure...

Acoustics is an area I'm really fascinated by, as it applies to communication by humans and other animals. You also have the fact that where you hear a recording of a sound as in the ambient environment; my office/house and yours, introduce's unquantifiable/qualifiable variable's. Even everyone who hears a live sound in the same group (that helps eliminate most but not all of the environmental stuff) still hears it slightly differently.

Each persons ability to hear separate frequencies better, not to mention some can't hear sound at lower decibels, due to hearing acuity must be taken into account. Where your positioned even a bunch in a small area-footprint all need to look at how sound reflects/reverberates off different structures, people included, changes what person/recording device's qualify. The living evaluate. Technology does basic signal analysis mostly comparing X and Y using large data volumes. My use of actors&players is players are non-adaptive structures/materials plus technological and actors the flesh&blood kind, affects what we "hear and interpret".

I've run a few experiment's with a varied number of actors; distance&position in a number of different parking lots and in fields, on a boat in lakes, (no oceans yet, the salinity of and other factors may have a subtle effect even for us on a surface ship, we know w/sonar it does, water tempeture, pressure, other subs&ships and our sea actor-friends all have an effect).

Dolphins for example can use echolocation to do a hell of a lot more then just "locate". They can analyze different biologics in unbelievable ways, like deep penetrating but not hostile/attack stun of targets, they do that too, at least just confuse, but that MAY only apply to other sea mammal's who are effected by sound, I don't know. My money is on all they need is confuse but they can perhaps induce concussive injuries. They determine we believe scale erosion/etiology, even internal activity&structure, they do seem to avoid "some" types of sick fish. I want to know WHY&WHAT they avoid. Perhaps those who strand themselves by intent on a beech are getting signal confusion/misinterpretation, I think pollution does contribute, don't have many records more then 40 years ago but I'll do a very serious search.

Before the age of steam ships its well known many sea mammals could communicate over vast distances of minimum thousands of km. Some evidence they even have a "tell this to the next guy, or pass it on like we gossip w/twitter" If we figure this out how the sea actors [and us using technical aspects I won't discuss] we could maybe scan food&meds perhaps to tell a whole lot like "eat this and you die, or just wish you would to do mass-scanning of foods, drugs and what I'll call "other stuff" Even adapting the most limited of this could be very useful. We can use sound to hear people buried collapsed buildings, but to a small degree to date. Largely far as I know w/sound boosters and perhaps other types of sound-to-other signal conversion, I won't talk about either. In this case because I don't know if/how we can do this, at least for many areas.

Very interesting post as this one for some reason triggered associations w/other sound interpretation/concepts, etc. Something to think about.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Perhaps it's just me, but I could swear I'm hearing tones within tones on that. It's faint and my ears aren't symphony quality at this age, but it sounds complex. Industrial with a bounce kind of echo..or a different variation of the myriad reports from all over the planet.

Is anyone at ATS a sound engineer in the real world with the software and more importantly, the expertise to look at these sounds for the suggestion of more complexity? I just had a weird thought about what foreign.....VERY foreign...communication would sound like if intended across a huge area. Or...maybe not so foreign and meant for an audience with the equipment to make sense of it.

Somebody has cleaned it up and erased the background noise. This is very peculiar.

www.youtube.com...

-- Also you could possibly get a visual glimpse at the audio - you could just rip the sound into a .wav file or .mp3 by using 'audacity' and then exporting it and dropping it into a DAW such as Reaper.

audacity.sourceforge.net...

www.reaper.fm...

You can then view the audio image - it's peaks, consistency, you can time stretch it and speed it up. You could also download some VSTI software to be used within reaper to get an audio map and see which frequency range it lies in.

edit on 24-1-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Ive heard these strange sounds before but I remember them being more of a deep rumble sound. It seems now they are appearing in a higher pitched frequency. As long as they dont end up showing up as ear piercing noises. Theres no denying it if that were to happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
OK, I just came across this one: www.disclose.tv...

Its a Waterphone,,, now I have never heard of this instrument, is it real?
The noises it makes do resemble a few of those strange sky noises. More so than a synthesizer in some cases. Could someone have used this?
edit on 24-1-2012 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just my opinion : it is a weapon. A VERY POWERFUL ONE.
I think the sounds are real and man-made.
With the recent uprising in revolts around the world, they need a way to control large masses of people .
It would be interesting to see a global map of those strange sounds between 2009 and now .
Updated : seektress.com... ... just zoom out for global map
Why so many sounds reported in USA and Europe ???
Almost none in Asia and not a single one sound in Africa ...
And in which way these sounds affects the human body ?!
Because for sure one particular sound frequency or amplitude have an effect on our mental health ...

P.S.Sorry for my English , not my native language.
edit on 24/1/2012 by villunder because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/1/2012 by villunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Has anyone tried to significantly slow the sound down?

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Perhaps it's just me, but I could swear I'm hearing tones within tones on that. It's faint and my ears aren't symphony quality at this age, but it sounds complex. Industrial with a bounce kind of echo..or a different variation of the myriad reports from all over the planet.

Is anyone at ATS a sound engineer in the real world with the software and more importantly, the expertise to look at these sounds for the suggestion of more complexity? I just had a weird thought about what foreign.....VERY foreign...communication would sound like if intended across a huge area. Or...maybe not so foreign and meant for an audience with the equipment to make sense of it.

Somebody has cleaned it up and erased the background noise. This is very peculiar.

www.youtube.com...

-- Also you could possibly get a visual glimpse at the audio - you could just rip the sound into a .wav file or .mp3 by using 'audacity' and then exporting it and dropping it into a DAW such as Reaper.

audacity.sourceforge.net...

www.reaper.fm...

You can then view the audio image - it's peaks, consistency, you can time stretch it and speed it up. You could also download some VSTI software to be used within reaper to get an audio map and see which frequency range it lies in.

edit on 24-1-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I thought it sounded like an alarm. a loud one but there seemed to be some oscillation in the frequency.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i heard that exact same noise about 4 nights back,it was midnight,and it carried on for about 15/20 mins
i heard it while on computer and opened my window and it was that loud that i thought it would wake my family.
it didnt,as i asked them all the next day...
this high pitched noise is as real as it comes..
i also commented on the utube video earlier...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join