It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition Seeks Probe of MPAA 'Bribery' Over SOPA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Petition Seeks Probe of MPAA 'Bribery' Over SOPA

www.pcworld.com

A petition to investigate alleged bribery of politicians by the Motion Picture Association of America was created Saturday at the activist website "We the People" by a Texas man.

The petition, which has garnered nearly 7000 signatures in the first day after it was posted January 21, calls on the Obama Administration to investigate MPAA CEO Chris Dodd, a former U.S. senator, and his organization for remarks he made on a cable news network.

According to "Michael L," the creator of the petition, Dodd's remarks on Fox News were "open admission of bribery and a threat designed to provok
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sopa is stopped which is a great victory for people all over the globe but former Senator Dodd seems to make a threat to opponets of the bill. He claims that the internet sites and companies who participated in the blackout are forceing internet users to opposer the bill by abusing their freedom of speech with misinformation. Things seem like they are getting really bad, with the passing of the NDAA with overwhelming suppot even though it allows indefinite detention of american citizens without a trial. Sopa even though it looked like it would pass no problem, seems like it is being enforced with the take down of Megaupload.com and arrests of its owners and operators the day after the protest that "killed" the bill. Its like they dont even think they have to wait for it to become law because they expect it to. I think that signing this petition would be a great move to really let these tyranical politicians know how much power the people have. They are scared of the information revolution the internet has caused. Never has informatin been sent so freely and easily in the known history of mankind. Whats everyone here think?

www.pcworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crystalbeing

What do I think? I think I'd like to see some jail time for some of these crooks. But I've been to the White House petition site before, and since NDAA I don't feel very comfortable giving out my particulars. For all I know they could be using it to identify malcontents. Who else but malcontents and potential "terrorists" would have a complaint about being beaten down and enslaved by their rightful masters?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

What do I think? I think I'd like to see some jail time for some of these crooks. But I've been to the White House petition site before, and since NDAA I don't feel very comfortable giving out my particulars. For all I know they could be using it to identify malcontents. Who else but malcontents and potential "terrorists" would have a complaint about being beaten down and enslaved by their rightful masters?

the fear you exibit is counted on by the people who are cycologicallaly torturing you into silence,

the only this you have to fear "is" fear itself

if they are making lists is it really about making sure YOU are last on the list?

wake up that fear is a deployable weapond,
and you are under its influence,
i respect your right to be careful and not to rock the boat,
and that it is obvious after the press releases that list are being made of blogggers and news distruibuters.

how do you silence a million critics?
how do you silence the truth?

all it takes for evil to prosper, is for the good to do nothing in the face of evil.

dont risk youself or you family,
but dont think you are powerless,
and especially dont go around teling others they are too.

for then you are spreading opresive fear yourself.
to the ends of evil.

we are not powerless idiots like the media tell us.

xploder

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Maddox has written a great article on this whole issue, and he seems to be taking it seriously since he is almost calling people to arms against the companies that lobbied for the SOPA.

Here is his article (also his main page which he has transformed into the article so nobody can miss it).

If people are too lazy to even check out Maddox's article, then here is the high point of it:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

thank you my friend

your poinent infografic shows reality in its trues form,

very interesting info,
i will deceminate widly

ta
xp

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I will not trust anything that comes out of the mouth of big interest, this days, but it seems sad to point out that if we just sat on our big butts and did nothing about letting the corporate dictatorship we have for government take away our due process that is guarantee under our Constitution how in the world are we to raise up in arms to fight an internet bill like SOPA and its twin.

Remember that in America we no longer enjoy a government for the people and by the people.

The bill is frozen now but rest assure is coming back again.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

They don't need SOPA to pass to shutdown and arrest those running sites that host pirated material. Most people don't realize but our government has been allowed to do that for a couple years at least now through legal loopholes and by the open interpretation of existing laws.

join