It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we fix the economy? ATS: Your thoughts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
After my earlier thread and other threads, I started thinking about the screwed up system we live in today. Among the many issues, jobs is at the forefront. Many people are out of work and having an incredibly hard time finding work.

ATS, what do you think? How do we get America, and the world back to work again? Is it a simple fix, or something that might involve changing the structure of the economy itself?

It's my opinion that we might be going about this all wrong. Even if 10's of millions of jobs were created tomorrow, chances are that it would be for companies that are not relevant to the greater society. So many companies have this problem and very few actually better society. Why would people want to work to make the rich richer and the poor poorer?

Maybe it's just naivety thinking this, but I think humanity as a whole is changing and ready for something new. There was a thread on here yesterday about how the world is changing. I really believe that combining innovation in energy (to make goods cheaper and more widely available) and a gift society, or something similar, could work. It would be a society based on contribution to the greater whole, rather than gaining material wealth. But really, what do you all think would be a good way to fix the economy?
edit on 23-1-2012 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Fire everyone in Government, no taxes, no handouts, everyone working for a living, fixed

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Stop attacking every country we have issues with. That would save billions right there.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In our current paradigm.
Wealth cap. 20 or 30 times average wage (who really needs more than that).
Some sort of inheritance tax on large earners to keep dynasty type families from forming (ie rothschild)

If free energy is released,
The world would change forever.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Debts forgiven and wiped from the board, and I mean all debts. Then the return to a currency that is actually backed by something that is tangible, and not just hopes and dreams.
I think this would be a huge step in the right direction. And no more leveraged banking period!
edit on 1/23/2012 by SpaDe_ because: info

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Vote for Ron Paul,get rid of the federal reserve ,get money out of politics and hang everyone involved in the corruption would be a good start.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
If free energy is released,
The world would change forever.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Matching tariffs. If China or India put a 40% tariff on our goods, we do the same on theirs. That would reduce the price of American made products overseas and give Americans the chance to start producing again. Then put tariffs on any product made by a company that moved it's productions overseas. So if they move to China in order to save a few cents on each item, then we double the prices of their goods coming back here so they lose money by moving away.

Then make it a law that CEO's can only earn 15 times more than the lowest paid employee of that company. If they want a million a year then the mail room clerk should be earning $66,000 a year. Ban bonuses unless they are shared equally among all employees.

That should get the ball rolling good enough.

A couple more: Nationalize all oil companies and require gasoline sold in America from oil pumped in the US and Canada to be priced at only 10 times the cost of extraction and refining.

Nationalize all power companies and do the same thing with them. Cheap fuel and power are the base of a good economy. I am unemployed and had to turn down a decent job because I would be paying $200 a week solely for gas. If gas was still $1 a gallon I could have accepted the job. Moving is out of the question because it would take months to save enough to move. Months of loosing money on gas. Which would be impossible.

One more: Forcibly deport ALL illegal aliens and their anchor babies. At age 18 after showing a good ability to speak english and a working knowledge of American customs and laws they would be allowed to come back and clam their citizenship. All other illegals shall be implanted with an explosive microchip in their necks that would explode if they got anywhere near the border so they would not come back. That would be an instant 20,000,000 jobs right there.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Ookie because: added more info

edit on 23-1-2012 by Ookie because: added even more info

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Why can't they just tax the federal reserve? Is this possible? And if so why hasn't it been brought up before?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Very quickly and very easily we could reduce the federal budget and debt just by applying common sense to new bills and eliminating both line item vetoes and any pork whatsoever. The only part of the government that should grow is the part that tracks down and secures honest legal convictions in waste, fraud, and abuse. Once that part gets strengthened appropriately it would work itself out of a job in short order. Immediately the deficit goes down, taxes go down, the burden on the taxpayer goes down, confidence in the economy rises, profits and free enterprise zoom, and it will never happen because it requires the presence of common sense and that members of congress can actually relate to the common man.

Common sense could happen here and there, but sincere empathy for us who have to struggle all our lives is a near impossibility under the current system. Only the financial elite can get themselves into legislature, and they will never, ever fully comprehend the difficulties the rest of us face daily.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
1. stop fighting pointless wars... i'm not saying close military bases, i am saying, combat troops, home...

2. legalize and tax the ganja...

3. restructure the prison system... make them rehabilitation centers, rather than detention... this would mean stop paying prisons for the prisoners that they keep, and start paying them if the prisoner changes around, and doesn't return... job programs all of that... we waste too much money keeping people on lock down for non violent crimes... deathrow would pretty much remain as it is though...

4. heavy federal regulations over corporations... corporations have to be forces to distribute the wealth that they make with the people that made the wealth for them more evenly...

5. salary caps.. if you make more than lets say 20 million a year, the governemnt should take the rest unless the said millionaire wants to invest it in his community than that would be his right... corporations will be allowed to make more profit, to be able to expand business... not pay the ceos 100's of millions...

6. put sanctions on companies that outsource...

7. raise the minimum wage to a livable wage...

just to name a few things...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Go to a 32 hour work week. For the last 100 years or so, we have created many (labor saving) devices, allowing for greater productivity per individual. Cut full time hours from 5, 8 hour days to 4, 8 hour days. That then allows for more hires, and has the ability to put everyone to work, that want to.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
cut out the middle man let the people of the world choose the currency what ever it is and keep the government away far far away from it no trading no revaluing. of course you couldn't make and money trading this currency but i could live with that.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Teach people to depend on themselves. Make courses on humanity, independence, farming, financial management, and parenting classes available for everyone.

Return barter and trade for those that have skill, and want to learn. Remove all and any harmful products, by boycotting corporations that receive tax exemptions and still continue to destroy our planet, and last but not least, teach those that want to advance themselves that being independent, is not a downfall, but is uplifting.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

We dont need to fix it.. its the symptom of a greater psychological problem. What we need to fix is ourselves.

Theres flying cars, talking dogs and androids right around the corner. We are gonna have more advice than we ever wanted.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

How do we fix the economy?

For starters I think it is of utmost importance to investigate how it collapsed in the first place....you know, to prevent it from happening again.

Second, making it clear that corruption will be dealed with, hard....at any level in corperate and government. Continious inspections at all levels.

With these two in place I am sure we are halve way there..

Third,....what are all the Harvard proffesors and economic Nobel Prize winners do all day? I am sure they know a thing or three about what is good for the finacial status of a country. Put them in a commision which make decisions when it comes to national economics.

Further more, use seasoned businesmen to do the bidding with other nations..

edit on 24/1/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Convert to a moneyless society. Most of the pieces are already in place and it will work. We will never have anything as awesome as free energy until we realize just how stupid and useless currency really is in today's world. We don't need it anymore.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Erase the thousands of laws, regulations and departments that businesses, especially small businesses, have to jump through and abide by.

Then get rid of the Income Tax and replace it with a Sales tax.

Bam. Jump started economy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

What I would do is this....

Add up what the taxes and take that total.
Thats what I have to work with for a budget.
Stop all free handouts...if you haven't paid into something like unemployment..you don't get it.
(these programs would go away in a short time)
Deport all Illegal aliens to there respective countries...send that country a bill or reduse the amount owed to them by that amount.
Stop foreign aid to counties, take care of America first.
Cut salaries of political figures to 50k a year...if there state wants them to have more $ then, those people pay for it..not all of us...they should be a rep., of the people, for the people, by the people.
Lobbiest are gone..no $ for a vote, to trips or anything..That way...they vote the way they do, for what they think is right.
No more assistance for people...none. Not by the Fed.
States and local communities take care of there own...and are not allowed to add or raise taxes on anyone.
Those that don't work and are able to, don't get $ or food.
Jails are changed big time...by no TV, no salad bars, no more of anything. They lose all rights and are fed the cheapest food available.. like bread and water..I don't care about there health, no health care for them either...they are using the system at survive...and most will never change. They go to jail for food, cloths, shelter...so take it all away. Revert back to jails of 300 years ago and make it a horrible place to be...and that will cut billions in a very quick amount of time.
Those that need assistance from the state are required to work for it and pass a drug test weekly.
If they don't pass they get no $ and they lose there job...What happens to them is there problem, they can always go to jail...or family members can take care of them, like it use to be 50+ years ago.

What I would do is nothing more than put america first and stop any and all free handouts, cut the useless spending and make people be responsible for themself again...instead of reling on the government for there survival. Sounds like I am a prick? Good, because I am sick and tired of seeing non productive members of society being stupid and always saying it ain't fair...I want what everyone else has...well learn to work and EARN it!!!!
edit on 24-1-2012 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Your's is the only one that addresses the true problem, size of the government. Eliminate as much as possible and the rest is easy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join