It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bruins goalie Tim Thomas takes stand against U.S Government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+79 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
thebiglead.com...

I believe the Federal government has grown out of control, threatening the Rights, Liberties, and Property of the People. This is being done at the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial level. This is in direct opposition to the Constitution and the Founding Fathers vision for the Federal government. Because I believe this, today I exercised my right as a Free Citizen, and did not visit the White House. This was not about politics or party, as in my opinion both parties are responsible for the situation we are in as a country. This was about a choice I had to make as an INDIVIDUAL. This is the only public statement I will be making on this topic. TT

Many people are criticizing him for not going to The White House today, as part of a ceremony honoring the Bruins. I for one applaud him, it is a reminder of how many people in this country are still blind to the truth, when they bash a guy who has a legitimate reason for wanting to take a stand, no matter how small against the out of control U.S Government, and it's branches

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
No matter how much I hate the Bruins, I have always thought of Thomas highly. He's a honest man with good intentions, not to mention a heluva goalie. But this really put him up there in my books. Way to go Timmy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Thanks for posting this. I've always respected Timmy, as he is a classic "work hard, earn everything you get" success story. Really impressed when someone puts themselves on the line like this, when they know all the sheeple are just going to criticize them. Just another small dose of reality for the spoon-fed masses.

NHL.com was initially allowing comments below the article, but anything commending Thomas or speaking truth about the gov't was moderated out until eventually they removed all comments (that's not to say there weren't ignorant negative comments, as there were plenty of those unfortunately). Hopefully more people in the limelight start exhibiting the courage and integrity Timmy showed today.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

That right there is a True Patriot. There's no way you could possibly refute what he said, because he basis it not on political affiliation but personal opinions on the wrong doings of the Federal Government.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Sports fans a very.. enthusiastic
Perhaps this stand will invite more sports players to also make their stand, and in turn, their loyal fans will also adopt their ideas or be inquired to learn WHY their favourite sports player is upset with the federal government. He could definitely link some information on his facebook for example, or something.

More awareness to the problem
More people are really becoming aware.
More people are losing faith in the government. Is it going to be enough?

All it takes is 10% of the population to believe something, and it will take root and spread like wildfire.

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Pretty damn accurate slap shot.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux
Pretty damn accurate slap shot.

...from a guy who stops them for a job. yea, gotta say so.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Great story, I especially like how the media put "Tea Partier" in front, as if it's derogatory.

If we could only get everyone on board, to make the same statement and make it loud...
We may get somewhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
My allegiance lies with the King. King Henrik that is.

I must say that I fully applaud Thomas for this. It's all too easy to simply fall in line and never make a statement. As a superstar athlete it is his responsibility to step up and be an example to the youth that look up to him. This is seriously diminishing in today's sports. Heroes are the ones who stand up for what they believe is right.

The United States is heavily involved in many controversial things ATM. Whether or not you agree or disagree with where Thomas stands, the fact remains that he is standing up for what HE believes in. Gotta love it.

edit on 23-1-2012 by spinalremain because: I left out a whole word. No soup for me!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

People on my twitter timeline continue to rip him and their logic is garbage, such things like he should have announced beforehand....would that not have made it a circus? it truly amazes me sometimes how people rip on others for standing up for what they believe in

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
reply to post by Rockpuck

People on my twitter timeline continue to rip him and their logic is garbage, such things like he should have announced beforehand....would that not have made it a circus? it truly amazes me sometimes how people rip on others for standing up for what they believe in

This guy is my new hero

There should Be 100s more in sports and hollywood to speak up that the government is now the terrorists!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I would sign this guy for life!
Hes definately got brass knucks.
And here i thought there was so little for a Canuck fan to love about this guy.....
You GO man!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The negative comments shows just how deeply brainwashed alot of people still are.
I don't mean that in a condecending arrogant way but rather in a very literal, matter of fact kind of way.

It is REALLY sad to see people cling to their outdated worldview rather than letting go
and realizing that they were wrong.

All we really need is 5% of us to wake up and lead the rest of the braindead zombified masses though.
This is a good thing.

I am ready to wake up!
Just need my spiritual cup of coffee first.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I wouldn't say brainwashed.. people believe what they believe. Many, many, many people don't like freedom, sovereignty or liberty. Some prefer the Government to hold their hand, coddle them, tell them what special little citizens they are.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I don't follow sports at all but I now have a new favorite professional athlete.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Good to see someone in the public eye voicing this opinion. Many don't have the forum to do so. I hope many more like Tim Thomas do the same. Boy I hate the Bruins but I have a new respect for their keeper.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Good for Tim Thomas.

He has every right as an individual to make this choice and statement. I just hope his team management stand behind him on this choice. That's what freedom is all about, being able to stand up and express himself like this. I think it makes a stronger statement that he doesn't blame a party but the government as a whole because honestly, even if the elected names change, the beaurocrats stay the same. The ones who actually run things day to day.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
As a Bruin's fan, I am proud that he had the guts to follow through with what he believes in. He had no obligation to show up with a forced smile on his face and act like he's happy to be there when he obviously wouldn't have been. I've read comments from people saying that he's disrespected his teammates but I doubt they're as butt hurt about this as the people making these comments. He's a grown man for cryin out loud and no one has the right to force him or anyone else to do something that they don't want to do. I think it would have been awesome if the rest of the team had refused to go as well. It would have made a much bigger statement...and who wouldnt like to give the gov a big FU right about now?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com... old 85' bears player the danimal also refused, and obama's a Bears fan and he turned it down haha. I love timmy t!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
'bout time athletes got on board the get a clue boat.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join