It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous plans to take on facebook

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Hopefully its real this time and Facebook does go down, then maybe people will pick up a phone to communicate to each other or visit one another like they used to do before this thing existed and maybe people will go outside and harvest a real garden or farm instead of a fake one.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

lol pick up a phone sure, but don't you know it will only be to text or send an email. The days of actually sitting with someone having a coffee and discussing the days news/sports are disappearing. It reminds me of that Bruce Willis movie "Surrogate". If you haven't watched it, I strongly advise you do and you'll see where we are headed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
They should do something about facebookers who post stupid stuff like "getting a burrito" or "I have gas".

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I feel like I'm the only person who actually views Facebook positively. Going to a different university than the majority of my friends it's not exactly easy to go hang out with them. With Facebook I can chat with all of them at once and keep in communication. I've also made plenty of good friends through it as well.
Most people see it as a crutch for actual socializing, but if used correctly can be really useful for communicating with friends.

"Hey, I'm hungry let's go eat"
"Okay!"

DONE.

I love The Facebook. All hail The Facebook.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
As I recall...they were going to shut Facebook down last November. It never happened as we all know.

Why do they want to shutdown Facebook? Would someone please explain this to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Before anyone decides to do use low orbit ion cannon, remember this is not hacking it's script kiddy bs.
As that other dude said, your ip will be the one shown as instigating an attack; and you can be punished/sued.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

press quote to see how it's embedded.

What I don't get is why just shut it down with another DDOS attack?

That will only last so long then all will be normal again...
edit on 1/23/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

Because short of using 0-Days which I'm sure they're quickly running out of (yes, I had 0days when I was 15 as well) a DDOS is all these dudes can do to Facebook. If I had a billion dollar online company I'd do my best to make sure it's network was state of the art secure. The only reason they can't defend against DDoS so well is because it's difficult to differentiate legitimate from non-legitimate traffic.

Wasn't the Playstation Network just a DDoS as well? Weren't they down for months? Two days without facebook and people are going to start trying to remember their MySpace passwords.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Excuse me while I state the obvious:

How does anyone know when a video is uploaded by "Anonymous" if it's really "Anonymous" doing the upload.

The irony is that they're ANONYMOUS.

There is supposedly no Hierarchy and no "official" outlet.

It could be a 13 year old Junior High student or a 48 year old with a talent for making videos.

I could be "Anonymous", anyone could be "Anonymous". What if I was the one that uploaded all the videos and stuck a Guy Fawkes avatar on there to make it seem official?

The whole thing makes no sense.

And what if there came a day when someone wanted to do some major damage to the interwebs and blame it on "Anonymous"? Who would know if the accusation was true? Very easy to set up Patsies like this wouldn't you think?

How is "Anonymous uploaded a YouTube video" different than "My fat neighbor Todd uploaded a YouTube video" or "The Department of Justice just uploaded a cool video"?

Wouldn't the "REAL" Anonymous know this? Wouldn't the real Anonymous just attack and make a video after, claiming responsibility? Wouldn't the real Anonymous know that anyone can claim to be Anonymous?

ZOMG LEEGIONS!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

which anonymous are you refering too?

(no need to answer that, tis a rhetorical question.)

ed: on topic, I don't buy that they would keep using the same tactic over and over and ov...is there not one programmer amongst these 'hackers' or is that the trick? plausible deniability that 'they' are the ones since they get essentially pawns to LOIC everything for them.

your experience may differ, this is the version I have heard and analysed.
edit on 24/1/2012 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
orbit ion canon is for distributed denial of service attacks.. basically they are just going to make FB unreachable for a period of time..

However...

If you run this software, that means they will be recruiting YOUR internet connection for the attack ... recruiting an army of people .. so someone from "anonymous" can sit somewhere, push the trigger and activate the attack safely from a coffee shop while millions of your IP addressees get logged for the attack
.. that's basically what it amounts to.

If you run this software, know the risks .. you are making yourself a cyber weapon and you own some liability for that.

Not that I'm entirely willing to become a cyber criminal, but if we don't do this, then who will?

Of course, this "orbit ion cannon" or whatever seems like the internet version of a molotov...which I wouldn't do in real life. So why would I do it on the internet?

What are you willing to do to get your point across? How far would you go to protect the Internet?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Mhh, sounds like there voice has been changed compared to there other videos. I guess they have to because of the governments using voice recognition software and other classified technologies.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
i didnt like the music at all

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

because its a masive global spying data mining machine,and anon will not be abel to take it down its to big,and i also think they are wanting people to join in in these attacs so they can get greater control over the web i think anon is goverment run trap.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Man this sucks!! I don't know if I can go very long without playing Mob Wars, Farmville or Words with Friends.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman

Originally posted by lBLaCkOuTl
reply to post by posthuman

Yes of course I know this, everything else they've done has been 'presented' a little better than this.

Then who is this "they" you're talking about? So what? The individuals who made some other videos had better editing skills than whoever made this one? Doesn't make it fake? It CAN'T be. Any video speaking on behalf of Anonymous is as legitimate as any other...

Listen to what you just said, any video speaking for ANONYMOUS. So it could be any group of people or just one person

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

BTW #OpBlackOut #Anonymous - Neither Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, or Tumblr will be DDoSed or taken down. These are some of our ways to communicate, so why would we take them down?

So no... It's gonna stay online.

Quote from facebook anon page.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I didn't want to start a new thread but Downforeveryone.com is reporting that facebook.com is currently down. I also checked "Down Right Now" which lists facebook.com as having a "Likely Service Disruption".

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join