It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous plans to take on facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

Exactly. Any can claim to be anonymous and anyone can be anonymous. That's what makes them...well anonymous haha.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I happen to love what they stand for even though they do it in a way that is illegal. Have to beat them at their own game.
Play by their rules and then they call foul.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
its BS Anonymous Denies Plans to Take Down Facebook it some kid posting videos on youtube

link below

www.pcmag.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkB4uSpeak

We the people have the right to stand up for what is the best for us. People have seemed to forget that. It is our responsibility to do so. Anonymous does not forgive, they do not forget. They have fought for what's right.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Anonymous plans to take on facebook

Promises, promises. Please anonymous, do us all a favor and take them off the map. If not, go back to hacking Mr. DO & Space Invaders and leave it alone.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i bet it wouldnt be to take down facebook but to disable it to take something out that they have put in and find themselves now tryen to cover there tracks on something. maybe?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Janskii

I thought it was almost oxymoronic.You think it might be someone trying to just get people to download the server then?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well that's another fake anonymous sting operation. Well done guys.

LOIC? Really? That's cute, adorable even.

Please do not pay attention to the many groups that attempt to portray themselves as ANON, they really aren't. Just a bunch of kids playing in their basements.

OR.

The government's cyber command trying to find out where you live and what you think about them.

Either way, forget that noise.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 1/23/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
lets see them actually do it this time... and make sure they remove farcebook from the web permanently ... then I might think more highly of them ...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You may be right but it seems like since their "involvement" there are more people aware of internet censorship. That in itself is good enough for me.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Janskii

I get where your coming from, but your leading them into a trap. It's doublethink really.

It's good to know what propaganda is, so then you are aware of the issue they are trying to lie to you about.

I'm just pointing out the propaganda.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
How does attacking facebook make strategic sense? That just seems like misplaced effort....

Facebook can be as simple as a place to share photos with family members who live far away.

After NDAA, SOPA, PIPA, MPAA, Megaupload etc. How does Facebook even come close to being where major reform priorities need emphasized? We need these minds working on what the laws should be not hating on Facebook.

Maybe there is info I'm not aware of but Facebook is not supportive of where these laws are heading either from reports I've read. I've a doubt whether this is even true too?

edit on 23-1-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You people really crack me up. Everyones is always like anon has no face it's everyone. But when someone links to something such as this everyone jumps in to say no it's not anon it's just some kid in the basement. Really doesn't anyone else notice the utter ridiculousness in how this all sounds. It's like double standards on top of double standards. I just can't understand what people think sometimes, "No that's not the real anon". with no way of proving either way!!!! I guess thats the problem when dealing with faceless,nameless identities.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Alrighty, they are NOT taking down facebook. Just to clear that up. Oh and tothetenth, I totally understand your mindset. It makes sense too. There's gonna be propaganda in every type of group, their LOIC is just a fancy name for their tool, also its a movie reference haha. Some of the ANON, who knows, maybe most, could be some kids in their basements. Those "kids" may have a method to their madness though..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
While I personally wouldn't touch FaceBook with a bargepole, it is still optional to sign up and throw open the window into your life. I do get exasperated by how ubiquitous and pervasive that lowercase 'f' logo has become but it is not (yet) compulsory to have a facebook account to navigate the web or exist in the real world.

Most thinking people are aware of what Facebook has become and are aware of its pitfalls as well as its potential uses.

The problem I have with Anonymous taking this action is that in a way it is an attack on freedom.
The freedom to remain stupid and voluntarily hand over your personal information should remain a personal choice.

Education beats prohibition, social networks are the new hydra, cut a head off and more will grow.
Teach people that its to be avoided and contain the problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31

Originally posted by Trueman
Like I said long time ago, all the stupid people I know have a facebook acc. If Anon takes facebook, they will infestate another site. Maybe ATS will need to require an IQ test for new members soon.

Hey! Some of us use it to stay in touch with friends and family that we otherwise don't get to see.
I've re-found a bunch of old school friends that i never would have otherwise...

I have a Facebook account and have reconnected with distant relatives that I don't get to see very often. Also, I have found many old friends and new ones.
For me, it is a very good way to stay in touch with my family.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This isnt going to happen, they have already tweeted this on twitter 1 million times, geez!

If you want to know what there official plans are i suggest you all follow there twitter updates.
@AnonOps

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

oh i see now it was a joke?
edit on 24-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by funnybones

Let's hope that more people read your link before they start calling it stupid, etc.

Not many understand the point of reading comprehension.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by funnybones

Let's hope that more people read your link before they start calling it stupid, etc.

Not many understand the point of reading comprehension.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join