It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous plans to take on facebook

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Went on youtube to look up a video and found this. Apparently anonymous is planning to try to take down facebook on jan 28th at midnight. They are also asking people to download a server called low orbit ion cannon. Anyone know anything about it?

edit on 23-1-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: vid

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

press quote to see how it's embedded.

What I don't get is why just shut it down with another DDOS attack?

That will only last so long then all will be normal again...
edit on 1/23/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ya just like they were supposed to do on Nov. 5th. They may never forgive, but they sure do forget

Hers a thread from last year when they were threatening the same thing:www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 23-1-2012 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
To be honest, this seems fake or rather, a group posting in the name of Anonymous to get you to dowmload a file IMHO, the voice is different and the whole layout is different.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
orbit ion canon is for distributed denial of service attacks.. basically they are just going to make FB unreachable for a period of time..

However...

If you run this software, that means they will be recruiting YOUR internet connection for the attack ... recruiting an army of people .. so someone from "anonymous" can sit somewhere, push the trigger and activate the attack safely from a coffee shop while millions of your IP addressees get logged for the attack
.. that's basically what it amounts to.

If you run this software, know the risks .. you are making yourself a cyber weapon and you own some liability for that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lBLaCkOuTl
To be honest, this seems fake or rather, a group posting in the name of Anonymous to get you to dowmload a file IMHO, the voice is different and the whole layout is different.

The software in question is very commonly used in "anonymous" attacks .. it's a way of creating a massive flood that servers can't keep up with.. it's not a hack.. but it does cost their targets a ton of money in lost ad revenue, bandwidth.. and stress .. not to mention, it puts a lot of people at risk for taking part in the attack

They won't take facebook down.. they may make things slow or unreachable for pockets of people, but FB has servers all over..
edit on 1/23/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Like I said long time ago, all the stupid people I know have a facebook acc. If Anon takes facebook, they will infestate another site. Maybe ATS will need to require an IQ test for new members soon.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I hear ya fella, just the entire video seems wrong judging from all of Anonymous' previous official vids, just saying..
edit on 23-1-2012 by lBLaCkOuTl because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

I'm so happy I do not have facebook so I really would not become affected =D

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is just a farce.. I'm really getting tired of this

They claimed that once already and failed and then said it was just one guy of them who did claim such a thing.

Now what?

By the way, did they just fail to say in what time zone at midnight? lol
edit on 23-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Like I said long time ago, all the stupid people I know have a facebook acc. If Anon takes facebook, they will infestate another site. Maybe ATS will need to require an IQ test for new members soon.

Hey! Some of us use it to stay in touch with friends and family that we otherwise don't get to see.
I've re-found a bunch of old school friends that i never would have otherwise...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Anonymous is not planning to take down Facebook, they would never do that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

So I am aware of Anonymous but I haven't been following them intently. I watched this new video and then I called my 17 yr old daughter in to watch it, I did not give her my opinion. Afterwards i asked her what she thought and without hesitation she said "it's a trick". My thought exactly......The NWO itself? TPTB, the media a jokester? I have no idea but I am not falling for it. If you are protesting the new internet bills then what does taking down facebook achieve? So instead of letting the gov't censure us, do it ourselves? Pretty dumb....facebook is not the gov't, just a private business.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't going to download the server anyways but its always good to know what something does if you come across it in the future. Any knowledge is good knowledge. As far as them being able to shut down facebook i doubt it would happen, but they have been gaining a head of steam lately, and are alot more well known than they were a year ago.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have a facebook, and this may seem like a lousy question but.... why attack facebook?
Im actually curious for the real reason!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I read a message from an anonymous "member" that they would never take down a site that they use to get their message across and the message of the people. It would defeat the purpose of their cause which is internet freedom. Don't believe all the people claiming to be a part of anonymous. Also the LOIC is a tool used to "bombard" a website causing a loss in the ability for it to be used. It is easily downloaded if someone wanted to help the cause and I believe that using a VPN ghost can make them untraceable. It's quite simple the way they get websites taken down. I also heard that a new and improved version of the Low Orbit Ion Cannon, the High Orbit Ion Cannon will be up relativity soon so that will be interesting...

PS- I believe that if the LOIC is downloaded it gives you the option for how you want your computer/laptop to be used. So it's not like once it's downloaded all control is lost.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Janskii because: Forgot a part...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You do realise "Anonymous" has no leadership or member list the same as occupy right? Every video is likely made by a different person who has never spoken to whoever made the last one.

Originally posted by Trueman

I think ATS has always needed one tbh..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

Yes of course I know this, everything else they've done has been 'presented' a little better than this.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

reply to post by posthuman

Yes of course I know this, everything else they've done has been 'presented' a little better than this.

Then who is this "they" you're talking about? So what? The individuals who made some other videos had better editing skills than whoever made this one? Doesn't make it fake? It CAN'T be. Any video speaking on behalf of Anonymous is as legitimate as any other...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Ya it a program that will land you in jail with a no free get out of jail pass

But ya go for it it will be a learning experince.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join