It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... better performance does equal better results: ATS 2.0 - the first two days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well... I'm sure the novelty of the new forums was a big factor, but Sunday and Monday were huge days for ATS. In the past two days we served 87,897 impressions (individual pages) to 1,407 distinct users... that's an average of 62.5 pages per user.

All of this added up to just under 1 gigabyte of bandwidth, just for the forum HTML (not counting images) for the first two days.

And, in the past two days, we've received 31 new members.

Not a bad for the first two days of ATS 2.0.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Are we going to get e-mail addresses too?

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes.

Once the domain is fully transfered to the new server, members of status (at least 3 stars) will be able to request [email protected] e-mail accounts. All accounts are virus-scanned and spam-scanned.

We're also looking at heavily discounted advertising opportunities for members on ATS... more about that in the future.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
WOW!

Nice deal you guys are running, hey sign me up for one of those sweet e-mails, I would like that.
Btw you guys are doing great job, keep it up William you seem to be the back bone of this operation.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well... maybe left foot.

This amazing place is the brain child of Simon Gray. I'm just trying to help make it an fun place to hang out.

and perhaps... help Simon realize a bit of income from his brain child now full-fledged 2,000-pound Internet Gorilla.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by William

I'm just trying to help make it an fun place to hang out.

You did it !

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Wow 1 gig of bandwith in two days is quite amazing.

That's without the hits that the main page on www.abovetopsecret.com gets, and all the other pages on that server.

I remember that Simon once said that ats.com got over 400,000 hits per day. (incl pics and the board)...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:52 AM
link   
what's the security on the e-mail? i mean, can the admins read it? stuff like that?

I want one (no matter the answer, the answer just determines how i use it)

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
No dude, it will be web-based, like hotmail or yahoo.
Nobody, except yourself of course, will be able to read your emails.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Actually, it's a fully secure regular POP3 e-mail account. You can use either your own software (Outlook, Eudora, Apple Mail, etc.) or the soon-to-be-released ATS web-mail reader.

It's all good.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by William Well... I'm sure the novelty of the new forums was a big factor, but Sunday and Monday were huge days for ATS. In the past two days we served 87,897 impressions (individual pages) to 1,407 distinct users... that's an average of 62.5 pages per user.
FLASHBACK A little look into the history books here... back when we first moved to our new dedicated server, we were all pretty happy with those numbers. At the time, 1,407 unique user sessions in two days was a big deal. Well... yesterday, Friday June 4th, we averaged those numbers on an hourly basis. For the past three weeks, we've been regularly having days of more than 30,000 unique user sessions. Today we hit 37,000 (not our biggest day), and I came across this old thread. Amazing huh... in one hour, we regularly beat two-days worth of traffic recorded just 14 months ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

soon-to-be-released ATS web-mail

and a year later...we have webmail...soon to be released my butt! lol

sorry but i just HAD to point that out.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey and a year later...we have webmail...soon to be released my butt! lol sorry but i just HAD to point that out.
Watch out everyone... time to spank the Monkey!!! Actually, PM doesn't know his history, we did have a crappy webmail system based on SquirrelMail that was open to hacker/spammers. I killed it... just like I'm going to kill the monkey!! [Edited on 5-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
yeah i dont think so....you have that "im gonna spank the monkey all day long" look in your eyes and that smile? i'm not EVEN gonna comment.

i am not leaving this thread, i am backing out SLOWLY so as not to give an opening...

BTW nice belly button!

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

Zim

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
WOW! ATS is the best!!!

It's a honor to be a part of somthing this great!

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Has the Monkey been thoroughly spanked yet?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Have you already selected an email system? If not could I recommend Horde/Imp?

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
and a year later...we have webmail...soon to be released my butt! lol

sorry but i just HAD to point that out.

Watch out everyone... time to spank the Monkey!!!

Actually, PM doesn't know his history, we did have a crappy webmail system based on SquirrelMail that was open to hacker/spammers. I killed it... just like I'm going to kill the monkey!!

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
Have you already selected an email system? If not could I recommend Horde/Imp?

Direct Your eyes to the tabs at the top of your screen...

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Thanks for helping the obviously visually impared

new topics

top topics

join