It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arkansas Dem's pet murdered, with 'LIBERAL' scrawled on corpse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am sorry to hear about the Cat but it's the bigger picture that concerns me and it's called hatred.

Someone had quite a bit of pent up anguish and hate to have followed through and created this heinous act.

Lets see here.....A Southern Politician.....who doesn't happen to toe the line of the prevailing southern Christian Conservative consortium....in other words a "Lib-ral" has one of his pets killed ?

And people wonder why the South is viewed as being backwards ?

Get a clue.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I did not intend to propagandize anything my good friend. I was trying to be as fair as possible in my analysis of the tragic event that happened to that animal. I only posted the video to show how the media and politicians love to pour on the fear and paranoia, and some act out irresponsibly because of it. Moreover, I made sure to state that both sides are guilty of antics like this and other seedy activities. Now your theory about a liberal mutilating the cat is a very real possibility, and I have not ruled it out. Anything is possible in politics. Thanks for the reply, and I was only giving an observation about the current political climate at the moment.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

It's all good. I was the idiot for watching it as I know how those types of videos make my blood boil. From either side or affiliation. Be they political, religious or race based.

Usually, once I have seen a video (or article) is a biased/hate based form of media, I move on. Things like that are based on the emotional level, just as this heinous crime was meant to do.

I do like rational, level headed debate and it seems that this is headed the way of the Dodo. People are a lot more emotional nowadays it seems to me. (And unfortunately, I include myself in that equation)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
As a certified Crazy Cat Lady, this makes me sick at heart. That poor, innocent kitty, murdered by some political ideologue psychopath.

I wouldn't hesitate for one second to bash the perpetrator's head in. In my own mind, this cat's life was worth more than the sumbitch who killed it. Life is life, and just because one life inhabits a human body, and the other a cat, makes no difference to me. Humans haven't proven themselves to be superior in any way, just more clever, manipulative of their environment, and meaner.

Just give me a baseball bat and 60 seconds with the cat killer. Anybody who would do this to an innocent animal won't hesitate to do it again. His brain is sick and needs an "adjustment", which the bat will handily provide free of charge.

You know the psychopath was probably thinking the same thing about the cat.......

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

The videos make my blood boil as well. I too like reasonable and rational debate. Lately though, people get way to emotional about politics and when that happens things tend to get messy. Thanks for the reply!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

And people wonder why the South is viewed as being backwards ?

Welcome to the South. I lived there for twenty years - Mississippi - though I was born and raised a "Yankee".

In Mississippi (next door to Arkansas in case you are geographically challenged when it comes to the Mid-South) you can beat the snot out of your wife, she can call the police and they will come. However, more often than not when the police go they will not take anyone to jail. That's right when the cops drive off the "happy" couple will both be standing on the front porch waving - well the husband will be waving, the only thing the wife will be waving is a Kleenex over her face to dry the tears. Oh I left out one detail; these couples would be have to be white.

If you try the same thing and you are a black couple, one, or both are going to jail - depending on how loud the wife gets.

However, if you shoot a dog belonging to the first white couple, you will probably be going to jail. Yes, in Mississippi the laws protect a dog - or the owner of the dog - better than it does a battered housewife. The laws in Mississippi make no distinction whatsoever as to racial background, that is done by the police and the courts as they apply the laws..

Nice, huh?

I'll leave it to you guys to sort out the rights and wrongs of all this. I am only on my first cup of coffee.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gotta love all the stereotyping going on here.

Because one sick SOB does something like this, all southerners are twisted. Because one sick SOB does something like this, all conservatives are twisted. Because one sick SOB does something like this, all southern conservatives are twisted.

How about we take a cup of chill, and just say that this individual is a sick SOB, and leave the stereotyping out of it?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
IMO, this sicko killed this Rep's cat for the same reason arsonists target minority-owned churches; not because they hate the people they are targeting but because, they want to see their "work" get headlines in the news.

I'll bet the sicko dirtbag who killed this poor cat probably is some punk kid living in his parent's basement who doesn't even know what the terms "liberal" or "conservative" really mean except that, attached to his crime, they equal big time publicity.

He probably thinks he's living it large right now with all the publicity and the political firestorm his petty little crime has inspired. He's probably even planning his next pet killing, maybe to appear as retaliation for the first.

Unfortunately, all the publicity this story has gotten will only serve to encourage this sick individual to greater heights of cruelty. Lets just hope he's caught before he moves beyond cruelty to just pets...

I hope, when they catch this
, they bunk him with a big, muscular cat lover with a nasty mean streak.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

He probably thinks he's living it large right now with all the publicity and the political firestorm his petty little crime has inspired. He's probably even planning his next pet killing, maybe to appear as retaliation for the first.

...and that just about covers it, I think.

He's probably sittin' in that basement basking in the glow of his "evil" deed. When in reality, he's a sick, petty little shadow of a human...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HattoriHanzou
10 to 1 he did this himself.

1,000 to one I bet that you're wrong.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

It's not so far fetched. Remember during the Obama campaign when one of his supporters scratched "BITCH" onto her own forehead?

Remember the Jewish guy who was arrested just last week for spray-painting "anti-semitic" swastikas all over his neighborhood?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

We'll see how it plays out. This would not be the first time something like this happened and was done by the victim.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

We'll see how it plays out. This would not be the first time something like this happened and was done by the victim.

I'm sorry, but if you think that he bashed his own cat's head in, scrawled "LIberal" on its side and then left it where there was a danger that his kids might find it, you really have a twisted view of humanity.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by baphomet420
does not surprise me one bit...

conservatives have been out for blood the past 3 years...

i am originally from arkansas, i live in oklahoma, i keep my political views to myself, as people will physically harm you...

i made the mistake one day that i was pro union, lets just say, i won't make that mistake again...

i was then told that I should not be allowed to have children... two weeks later, i get a visit from DHS on a tip... i was cleared of coarse, but coincidence, i think not... i receive no aid from the state... in other words, someone made a false report...

eta

it is also very southern conservative to blame the victim... as has been thoroughly done in this thread...
edit on 1/23/2012 by baphomet420 because: (no reason given)

Now that is one ignorant hasty generalization!
BOTH parties have their fair share of idiots!

"i made the mistake one day that i was pro union, lets just say, i won't make that mistake again..." That's a funny statement. I once made the same mistake and supported unions. Then I realized that their self-aggrandized greed was partially to blame for the massive out-sourcing and off-shoring of American jobs. Needless to say, like you, I'll never make the mistake of supporting unions ever again!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I hope they find out who sacrificed this cat and send them to the slammer for as long as the law will allow. Not only does this fall under animal cruelty, but it should also be considered intimidation with violence, strong arming, and a threat to do bodily harm. People like the one who hurt this cat will move on to people -- if he/she hasn't already.

If the man murdered his own cat for attention/propaganda, then I hope karma is swift.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg

I'm sorry, but if you think that he bashed his own cat's head in, scrawled "LIberal" on its side and then left it where there was a danger that his kids might find it, you really have a twisted view of humanity.

Are you denying that similar incidents have occurred?

current.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

current.com...

I fail to see the point of your example. Idiocy is idiocy. This is not.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I doubt he did it himself,
he was smart enough to hire
one of his close muscles.
Publicity Stunt.
People don't buy animals for publicity stunts they buy them because they love them.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

current.com...

I fail to see the point of your example. Idiocy is idiocy. This is not.

It's the same sort of thing.

Your failure to see it is something of a personal problem.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I doubt he did it himself,
he was smart enough to hire
one of his close muscles.
Publicity Stunt.
People don't buy animals for publicity stunts they buy them because they love them.

Is that so? All people?

Are you saying that there are no cases, say, of people adopting children just to sexually abuse them? Or animals?

Get real.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join