It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creepy New Facebook for the Staggeringly Rich and Powerful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Perhaps not as creepy as it is amusing. Jokes encouraged here. I like the comment that talks about Dick Cheney cyber bullying everyone.

You can only join the exclusive new social network TopCom if you're among the 200 richest people in the world. Then again, if you're on hand in Davos Switzerland when TopCom is unveiled by scary software compant Tibco, there's a pretty good chance you're in that group. TopCom is a highly secure private social network, a sort of "combination Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, texting, and Skype" for "the people who run the world," according to Esquire. In other words, it's like an electronic, year-round version of the obnoxiously self-important annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, where TopCom will be launched later this week. Here's the happy, sanitized version of how this advanced conspiracy machine might work:

I think that you would have to be a complete fool to sign up for this if you were able. The fact that you did would indicate to everyone else what a raging douchemobile you really are and that you take yourself a little too seriously. Here's hoping that the rich/powerful post a bunch of scandalous things and Anonymous (doubtful) or some other group gets a hold of the info and shares it with us peons.

Link

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Now that's a load of facebook accounts begging to be hacked!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
cool I have 3 new friend requests there...

and some guy asked me if i wanted to join the group "black nobility"? ...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
lol this is pretty amusing... I wonder who will actually sign up for it... And whoever does sign up for it I wonder if they'll be ostracized by the public.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Bunchatwatsbook more like !

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Exclusivity my friends, why should the rich be forced to slumming it on facebook?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
They are gonna be pissed when they find out TopCom is selling all of their information to their friends companies. Maybe the whole group will self implode.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Quauhtli because: add

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So if the rich truly do run the world, they now have a very fast and efficient way to share their nefarious plans with each other.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Welp. Cant wait for this to be hacked by Anonymous and the inevitable tidal wave of scandal to be publicized.

Seriously, how stupid are these old rich people?

Do they think they're invincible or is it a fundamental misunderstanding of the internet?

This will be hacked. This will be publicized. You cannot stop it. You cannot regulate it. It is the internet.

I honestly think people over a certain age are incapable of understanding the revolution that the internet has had on society. This "exclusive" social network is direct evidence of that.

What happens when you're no longer a global mover and shaker? When you lose your power and prestige? Do they defriend you? Kick you out of TopCom?

What happens when a global mover and shaker becomes disenchanted with this group of snarky, ruthless elites? What do they do to ensure that all those messages and posts aren't publicized? Murder him? For the good of the social network?

Like I said, old rich people are out of touch. Society has left them behind. Except they linger in Congress and Parliament like old ghosts.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
yeah, I can see it now

#carlosslim: buff, you da man that last dealz wuz money
#wbuffett: 4 sure slim.
#dagates: I need a faster go cart. getting to the pool is crazy slow

these guys won't use something like this. it's pointless.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Crakeur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

these guys won't use something like this. it's pointless.

I don't really think so either, but man it would be funny to see them 'devolve' into normal Facebook dialogue. 'Bish please yo nukes aint shizzzzz.' Obama defriending other leaders, other leaders spilling the dirt on Obama's 'foreign' affairs. Weird little cliques start to form... Oh wait it sounds like politics...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
essentially the bilderberg's public internet forum for the rich to come across and become manipulated influences?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Rich people, especially the richest of rich people, have their own people to manage their social circles. I can't see this working well at all. In fact.. it's pretty stupid.

(it also assumes that rich people like other rich people, or that the richest are all buddy buddy and not trying to back-stab, lie cheat or in any other way one up the next person in front of them of financial rank.)

edit on 1/23/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
hmmm... the fun that could be had hacking it and sowing chaos among them....

ahhh... the possibilities....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Its for the kids of the supra rich because if their on Facebook talking about getting a super car for their sweet sixteen or graduating from the Swiss private school they attend. it doesn't go over to good with people living hand to mouth.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Perhaps not as creepy as it is amusing. Jokes encouraged here. I like the comment that talks about Dick Cheney cyber bullying everyone.

You can only join the exclusive new social network TopCom if you're among the 200 richest people in the world. Then again, if you're on hand in Davos Switzerland when TopCom is unveiled by scary software compant Tibco, there's a pretty good chance you're in that group. TopCom is a highly secure private social network, a sort of "combination Facebook, Twitter, e-mail, texting, and Skype" for "the people who run the world," according to Esquire. In other words, it's like an electronic, year-round version of the obnoxiously self-important annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, where TopCom will be launched later this week. Here's the happy, sanitized version of how this advanced conspiracy machine might work:

I think that you would have to be a complete fool to sign up for this if you were able. The fact that you did would indicate to everyone else what a raging douchemobile you really are and that you take yourself a little too seriously. Here's hoping that the rich/powerful post a bunch of scandalous things and Anonymous (doubtful) or some other group gets a hold of the info and shares it with us peons.

Link

so how long until this thing gets hacked ?

2...3 days at most ?

new topics

top topics

join