It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you for your service South Carolina…now go take a shower.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We thank all of the voters in South Carolina for performing their civic duty exactly as the GOP expected.

The GOP needed Gingrich to win the South Carolina Primary.

Why?

Why would the GOP derail it’s own golden boy? Why would the Republican elites front Newt in S.C. instead of Mitt?

To be sure Gingrich will be exposed in coming weeks as a candidate with more baggage than campaign funds. He is no more electable than Herman Cain, Rick Perry or John Huntsman and likely will become a pariah to Republicans once his dirty laundry begins to get some air (time).

Why then you ask did Romney seemingly get betrayed in favor of Gingrich?

It’s simple – the GOP could not afford to give up the spotlight yet.

If Romney wins the South Carolina primary by the wide margin he had opened up prior to Gingrich’s “debate moments”, then Romney has a nearly unstoppable path to the nomination. If the GOP nomination outcome becomes readily apparent then it ceases to gain media exposure. There ceases to be debates. There ceases to be a villain to counter Romney as a “hero”. The GOP no longer has the stage.

Enter South Carolina.

The GOP knew it could count on a state inbred with decades of “old white man” syndrome to take a cue from Gingrich. The GOP knew they could count on righteous indignation from Gingrich to a) put the liberal media hack in his place, b) put that uppity ex-wife in place, c) put them welfare folks in their place, and d) put that uppity Juan Williams in his place who suggest Gingrich’s comments might be racially or class insensitive.

And South Carolina bought it hook, line and sinker. We knew we could count on you to help elect a President – just not the one you awarded your delegates to. Someone will be the nominee – just not Gingrich – because the GOP needs the stage a little longer.

Congratulations South Carolina – you did your job. Now go take a shower because you were rode hard and put up wet. Hopefully, the GOP wore a condom. However, I’m doubtful that despite their promises that they’ll call you tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Christ stop bitching already. "old white men this, old white men that" stuff gets old. If I stereotyped black urban men you'd probably crucify me for it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

Here is the problem with that. TPTB do this to keep the people occupied with each other, fighting, bickering, watching their news, and reading there news articles. They don't give a rats #ss who the people vote for because the POTUS is nothing but a puppet or an actor. Why do you think the GOP always say Reagan this and Reagan that... because he was the best actor Washington ever had. Hell he was a Pro, straight out of Hollywood.
Don't be fooled into thinking there is a dime's worth of difference between one POTUS and another except their acting abilities.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Stereotypes generally have some truth to them.
"old white men" are more prone to jump on the war bandwagon
just like "urban black men" were prone to jump on the first black president bandwagon.

I think the OP hits on some good points, but I agree the generalization on "old white people" being the only SC voters is wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
just askin but were there no black people at the vote?
No disenfranchised poor?
No middle class white orblack people?how bout spanish decent people....???
NO?
well maybe yer right then.............

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
another thread INSULTING people that do not bow to you cult leader...
do people not have the right to choose???
why are ron paul supporters so against people voting the way they believe...

you are constantly told, get out and vote, this is important, but if you are not voting with ron paul, you just got raped???

ahhh, ok...

i see, the voice of the people only matter if they tow your cults line...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yes because the GOP would much rather have its own canidates tearing into each other while Obama rides high. The GOP wants to move on to Obama and just wants to solidify support behind one canidate so they have a chance. I do not think they care whom as the one thing you hear over and over from interviews of people voting in the primaries is that they are unhappy with all them. Gingrinch has also taken the lead in some national polls so it looks like this will be the Dems dream come true. Two men tearing each other apart while they watch. The only thing that could make it better for them is if one of the bottom feeders left in the race runs as an indie.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

This thread has nothing to do with RP and very little to do with the individual candidates. It's more about how the GOP manipulates the electorate to position themselves in the national spotlight. It's about how the GOP doesn't care if it embarases an entire state or even one of it's own candidates (Gingrich) to push it's agenda.

The really scary thing is that either we (the electorate) are becoming more aware or the voter manipulation is becoming more blatant.

I'm no Gingrich fan but he should be in the shower with the SC voters. He was the "Lee Harvey Oswald" in this whole scheme. He should feel just as used as the SC voters. I almost feel sorry for him because the GOP used his vanity and ego against him just the same as they used South Carolina's decades of inbred morays, prejudices and demons against them.

When Gingrich implodes (because that's what he does even without the barrage of crap he's about to get from Romney) he will be left bewildered as to how this could have happened and how his beloved GOP could have thrown him to the wolves so easily. Only then will he realize he was never in from the cold to begin with...and South Carolina will realize they were never the GOP darling but only good for a one night stand.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

They care. Romney is their boy. He's always been their boy. He was their boy before SC and he'll be their boy after Florida again.

For a story to be good it has to have a protagonist. Newt fits that role nicely.
For a candidate to win the nomination it has to "appear" that he survived a fierce struggle, that he perservered in the face of strong opposition.

The chosen one has been chosen and let no one oppose them.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
All this was in SC was a vote based on emotions. Nothing more, nothing less. The majority there hadm't even seen a debate before last week. The same thing happened in 08 and why Obama won.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

Actually I am an old white man, staunch Republican for about 30 years and I'm sick at the way the GOP tries to use tired old cliches to lead the sheep around by the nose.

Rush Limbaugh taught me to think for myself and make up my own mind based on REAL information not media BS. Maybe that was a mistake because now I recognize the Republican BS just as easily as I recognize the Democrat BS. They are both just different sides of the same coin. What we need is a new coin that isn't minted in the form of manipulation and deceit.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I believe Gingrich is used as the antagonist, but not for your reason.
I believe it is only meant to prevent the antagonist from being Ron Paul. They will try to make it a two man show, Romney and Gingrich.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Yes... yes...

How dare South Carolinian's vote for their choice, and not yours... How dare they.

It's about time that people realized, at least on the interwebs, that Ron Paul, for better or for worse, has no chance of winning the GOP nomination. With no recourse to cheating required.

I'm no big fan of good ol' Newt, but if he's the fairly chosen candidate, then that's the way it is. I'll find someone else to vote for...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You're talking about this as if there was some plan to get Gingrich to win when there wasn't. Having Romney win the S.C primary would have then pushed more focus and investment towards attacking Obama and to towards planning a nomination win. Gingrich winning obviously did more harm than good to the GOP.

In the end the voters of South Carolina, 41%, supported Gingrich. Gingrich got more tea party support than any other candidate, he got more of the social conservative vote than even Rick Santorum, despite his endorsement in Texas by evangelical representitives, he won, conservatives voted for him more than any other candidate, period. It is becoming apparent that the core of GOP voters are stubborn, they're sticking to their guns, they're not caving in to a 'moderate', and even with all of Gingriches luggage, they'll back him. Anyone but Mitt, at any cost.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I disagree. Remember the intense battle last time in 2008 between Obama and Hillary. We thought the Dems would never be able to placate the hilary supporters and solidify the base. What we failed to realize was that the whole time they were ginning up their base - they were also ginning up the independents and disenfranchised Republicans. There was so much focus on the Democratic primaries that REPUBLICANS and Indies got vested in a Democratic candidate as well. The GOP is trying to do the same thing in 2012. If they choose a nominee so early, they'll loose the bully pulpit and lots of potential voters won't tune in again until August.

It's not a bad strategy but I just hate to see a state - any state - manipulated. I have nothing against SC.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Please understand, I have no beef with South Carolina voters.

If they truly want Newt then I'm good with that. However, the timing and nature of the debate questions that allowed Newt to gain his advantage when also considered with Mitt opening up the door by refusing to release his tax returns seems a little too coincidental for me.

The proof of my claim will be when Mitt releases his returns in a couple of days. I predict there will be nothing suspicious and everyone will be saying "why did he hesitate". That will be my bona fides.

If not I will apologize. But until then I think Newt and South Carolina were grossly manipulated by the GOP.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Apologies. I wasn't replying to you specifically. Just in general to those supporters of "he who shall not be named", who insist upon saying there is some sort of fix in, because their guy is getting blown out of the water, or soon will be.

If the "fix" was in, there would have been a Romney runaway. Not an un-electable crook like Newt.

President Obama has got to loving this internecine blood letting going on in the GOP... It just increases the likelihood that he's going to get *shudder* a second term.

The GOP should be in lockstep running against him, not each other. Let the chips fall where they may, and support each other... Not that that'll will make it any more likely that I'll vote for any of 'em, but others might...

top topics

join