It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'Winged' Structure from Ancient Rome Discovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Not quite sure where to put this, but as it was just posted up on the interenet, I suppose this will due until the nods move it to a better place...

I just found it interesting that they found a winged structure in England that may date back to Roman times to be used as a temple of sorts. Seems the archaeologists are a bit baffled as it has no known parallels.

A snippet from story:

The winged shape of the building appears to be unique in the Roman Empire, with no other example known. "It's very unusual to find a building like this where you have no known parallels for it," Bowden told LiveScience. "What they were trying to achieve by using this design is really very difficult to say."

The building appears to have been part of a complex that includes a villa to the north and at least two other structures to the northeast and northwest. An aerial photograph suggests the existence of an oval or polygonal building with an apse located to the east.

For those that like the historical stuff, I hope you enjoy the read. Any thoughts?

LINK FOR FULL STORY and PICTURES

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
This was posted yesterday...exact same title. I think Pred posted it.

Here it is. www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, your article is different...Totally different. Your article has different photos too....I like your thread better

edit on 23-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

It looks to me that the winged structure is winged as in north wing, east wing, west wing.

I may be wrong but are you reading this as aircraft wing?

It is interesting though.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Man, I dont know how I missed that, I even searched it as the title... sigh... well, Im glad you like this one better at least!

I just wanted to add, I found it interesting, apparently someone else did too and that is good. That's why we have ATS to get the news out there

edit on 23/1/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I have to admit my brain superimposed "creature" over structure

This is pretty interesting. I do know that some people will build structures from places they like, sometimes just as an experiment to see how it would work or what not.

Take here for example, we have more than a couple of the stuccoed buildings with the red tile on top. I would definitely build one as I think they are aesthetically pleasing to my eye.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman

Man, I dont know how I missed that, I even searched it as the title... sigh... well, Im glad you like this one better at least!

The other one only went for a few posts...hope this one develops with more participants.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Yes I do as well, seems some minds on ATS would like to chew on this little mystery.
ATS Speculation at best.
I know we have quite a few ancient mystery buffs around here.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

Thats happening alot to me !
I read a thread title of Indiana Jones and etc etc when it really said
India Joins etc etc etc !
Must be age or Ive caught dyslastica !

edit on 053131p://01America/Chicago23 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

edit on 053131p://01America/Chicago23 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

top topics

join