It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India to pay gold instead of dollars for Iranian oil. Oil and gold markets stunned

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by marinesniper0351

I'll loan you mine, I use it everyday!!

**FLASH!!!**

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Furthermore you are assuming nukes would be used. Nukes would not be used. There is no practical reason to use them. The only nation on Earth that would be crazy enough to use nukes in a conventional war is the USSR, and they no longer exist. Russia has since been taken over by more sophisticated people and they show no signs of doing such in a war.

The ONLY nation ever to be screwed up enough to use nukes, in a conventional war or otherwise, is THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA. The only nation on the planet, to use radioactive material, as weapons material, in a conventional war or otherwise, is THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

There is full justification to use tactical nukes against the UNITED STATES. But justified or not, no one will ever do it ... nobody, except THE UNITED STATES, is crazy enough ... except, perhaps it's ally, Israel.

The biggest threat to the world, as a whole ... is the United States of America.

It has biological, chemical, nuclear weapons. It has a history of using, radioactive uranium shells as amunition, agent orange, fire bombs, and nuclear bombs on civilians.

Hope the United States reign in the world ends soon, so we can the traitors in Europe, and give them a royal french revolution treatment.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by Gorman91

Furthermore you are assuming nukes would be used. Nukes would not be used. There is no practical reason to use them. The only nation on Earth that would be crazy enough to use nukes in a conventional war is the USSR, and they no longer exist. Russia has since been taken over by more sophisticated people and they show no signs of doing such in a war.

The ONLY nation ever to be screwed up enough to use nukes, in a conventional war or otherwise, is THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA. The only nation on the planet, to use radioactive material, as weapons material, in a conventional war or otherwise, is THE UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

There is full justification to use tactical nukes against the UNITED STATES. But justified or not, no one will ever do it ... nobody, except THE UNITED STATES, is crazy enough ... except, perhaps it's ally, Israel.

The biggest threat to the world, as a whole ... is the United States of America.

It has biological, chemical, nuclear weapons. It has a history of using, radioactive uranium shells as amunition, agent orange, fire bombs, and nuclear bombs on civilians.

Hope the United States reign in the world ends soon, so we can the traitors in Europe, and give them a royal french revolution treatment.

Somebody hates America......

The ONLY reason the U.S. has ever used a nuke was to put an end to a war that never would have ended with Japan. The sneak attack on Pearl Harbor, (though some say was justified due to oil embargo) was cowardly at best, and the return on investment = the loss of many lives.

That being said, I think all countries learned a lesson from those bombs.... They are not to be used lightly, and that the use of one, on a country that has one, would mean you are accepting the fact that you would be killing your own people by way of return fire.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by galactictuan

You wish.

This is nothing to write home to mommy about. Keep your briches on ok.

If it wasn't for this economy you will still be eating dirt.

Remember how that dirt samich taste.

Samich in the morning samich in the evening samich in the summer time.

Sometimes I wish # would hit the fan.

But I think this is just a sham as usual.

Listen when the bombs at dawn start falling then you can say what you want.

But other wise
Shuty

y

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Ahhhh how soon we forget why we dropped a nuke.

Though I love the japanese and spent alot of time over there.

They deserve what they got.

Yes they did.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Yes they did.

Along with the innocent women and children? The war against Japan was already won when the administration used the nukes. It didn't accomplish anything but senseless destruction.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by Rocky Black

Yes they did.

Along with the innocent women and children? The war against Japan was already won when the administration used the nukes. It didn't accomplish anything but senseless destruction.

I would disagree with this statement, from what I have read the war was far from over.
They still had a large standing army and were manufacturing planes and weapons at an impressive rate.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

The economic hitmen have failed. Time to go to war. Get destroyed, and the ponzi scheme is FORCED on them. And they trick us into supporting it!! It makes the blood boil.

Do you ever think about what it would be like to just push reset, and start clean? Maybe we need another 40 days and 40 nights of rain....

Everyone always questions "why are we meddling in the middle east?" or "why isnt Obama pulling out all the troops like he said he would, instead he pulls out some troops, and just sends them into other sovereign nations"

What about how Obama promised he would close Guantanamo Bay?

Its not about terrorism folks. There is a very real war going on, a war for resources. No one will just come out and say, we werent really in Afghan looking for Osama, we were bombing in the a straight line so the new oil pipeline could go in.

edit on 24-1-2012 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Looky,

Yes I agree that alot of women and children died. That was based on the leaders decision to attack pearl harbor.

They knew that we would retaliate.

It was more as though they new they were going top lose and just wanted to destroy the fleet as an in your face.

I love Japan and the people and the culture.

Please cannot tell you how much bait I have had.

Beautiful people, kind loving and compassionate. I respect them but not the way the old timers treat the women. Some of them still treat them as second.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If I read this right the IMF sold the gold to India and then India will use this same gold to purchase oil from the Iranians.Meanwhile the TPTB will attack Iran at some point after this deal goes down and will steal it all back as well as whatever else is laying around in order to help whoever is left to rebuild their country after its been bombed back to the 16th century using foriegn contractors. Sweet

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Originally posted by AzureSky

The economic hitmen have failed. Time to go to war. Get destroyed, and the ponzi scheme is FORCED on them. And they trick us into supporting it!! It makes the blood boil.

Do you ever think about what it would be like to just push reset, and start clean? Maybe we need another 40 days and 40 nights of rain....

Everyone always questions "why are we meddling in the middle east?" or "why isnt Obama pulling out all the troops like he said he would, instead he pulls out some troops, and just sends them into other sovereign nations"

What about how Obama promised he would close Guantanamo Bay?

Its not about terrorism folks. There is a very real war going on, a war for resources. No one will just come out and say, we werent really in Afghan looking for Osama, we were bombing in the a straight line so the new oil pipeline could go in.

edit on 24-1-2012 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

This is a good point.
There are a lot of powerful factions with in the USA who use its government (and Military) for their own purposes.(Which is usually securing wealth through resources)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass[/]

you need to check your history compass.then weigh the lessor of evils...I would not have been Truman for any amount of Power or Money or all the gold of India.
One thing is for sure, seems we are the only ones talking about India and the gold for oil trade.
edit on 24-1-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Its the Himalayas. idk. I'm not going to pretend like I have the data. But if California still gives out gold, I think it's safe to assume that the largest mountain range on Earth gives out more.

From what I gather, India's gold production has been declining slowly and their largest gold mine Kolar Gold Fields has been shutdown a while ago. It appears India produces 0.4% of her gold consumption every year, meaning 99.6% of gold consumed internally, almost all for jewellery purposes, is imported

According to this link China produced 320 metric tonnes of gold in 2009 while India produced 2.8 metric tonnes the same year. India is the last place China should be look to mine gold, unless all of India's gold is still under the earth and Indians for some inexplicable reason want to leave it there while importing gold

I don't think it would take that much effort to go to the gold standard. You have to realize that a quick nationalization of anyone being affected would allow the government to set the currency as it pleases.

That's what the Nazis did. Worked out pretty well for them, economically speaking. As I recall, they went from a war torn impoverished nation to an economic powerhouse in a few brief years.

You see. Not everyone gives a damn about who will be affected by a return to the gold standard. Many governments see such events as opportunities for scapegoating the business in order to give trust to the government and generate efficient government allocated industries.

There is simply not enough gold to back international and domestic commerce in the world at current exchange rate of gold to different currencies. So it is not possible to back all the existing currencies with 100% gold even if all the gold held, both publicly and privately, were to be concentrated in the hands of the governments. So what would be the motivation and justification for such a move?

Nazis were able to justify confiscating the gold because of the extreme inflation Germany was going though and they wanted to abolish the old currency and introduce a new one and needed gold to back the new currency to win people's faith for the new currency. When FDR confiscated privately held gold in the USA it was to finance the New Deal which itself was a response to popular unrest.

So yes, it is possible that some governments will confiscate privately held gold and issue new currencies backed, but only partially, by gold. It will happen only in countries with extremely high inflation and the currencies become worthless. However, there is absolutely no reason for the West to push for a gold backed currency for international trade. Those who would love to see it, countries with export surpluses like oil exporters or China, don't have the kind of say in the currency used for international transactions.

So yes, there may be a return to gold standard, with fractional reserve banking, in some Western countries, but nothing like what the gold bugs propose. Even that will be delinked from gold once the confidence in the currency is established.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

you need to check your history compass.then weigh the lessor of evils...I would not have been Truman for any amount of Power or Money or all the gold of India.
One thing is for sure, seems we are the only ones talking about India and the gold for oil trade.

The whole nuking Japan thing is a debatable issue, lets agree to disagree.

And yes, we are one of only a few talking about it. Just goes to show how complete and all-powerful the msm is. They literally control the hearts and minds of the entire world.
edit on 24-1-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by galactictuan

Too long has the Satanist American Pedophilia Regime run this world.

Don't have any fear people (unless you were a Satanic child-raping Nazi), then just Rejoice!

Really? Satanist pedophiles? Seriously?

A bit much, dont you think?

edit on 24-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by galactictuan

Too long has the Satanist American Pedophilia Regime run this world.

Don't have any fear people (unless you were a Satanic child-raping Nazi), then just Rejoice!

Really? Satanist pedophiles? Seriously?

Man your one delusional little child.

Satanist pedophiles is a title reserved for the "illuminated ones".

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Do you people really care what happens to Iran? These fascist theocracys dont have any right to exist.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yes. Because it was the only logical thing to do. In war, when dealing with a whole population that refuses to accept defeat, you exterminate that population until they accept that fact.

Everything is justified in war. War has no rules. If you think it does, that's why you lose wars.

Tis better to be feared than loved.

Nothing wrong with that in war. War is about killing. Whatever does that faster, and most permanently, is good.

If the US reign ends, and in my opinion it already has, China takes the lead.

The day will never be witnessed when the world has no superpower. One or three nation will always take that title.

Now please, control yourself. Adding all caps for cruise control and acting self righteous just makes everyone remember European imperialism and garner a laugh. The US took the Philippians and Cuba, gave freedom to both, and nation built Japan into one of the most powerful military, and then economic forces on Earth. What has Europe done besides enslave 3 continents and exterminated over a billion people? Oh right. Your own citizens revolted because all your governments failed. Thanks, but no thanks Europe. Keep to what you do best. Architecture, culture, and banking.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Gorman91 because: Le Spelling

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

Lol like the chess/checkers anaology,Iran are doin a little horse trading and in british colloquial parlance also doing a bit of '#stiring' ,Got me thinking Iran are playin a much smarter game than i gave credit for.Whilst being the bear in the cage poked by the US 'need a pretetx' stick the cage door is open so are they playing 'rope-a-dope' like Muhamed Ali .This is quite a worry because it beggers the question How much assurance have they actually got from Russia and or China?not to mention the cozying up to India,as it stands its not exactly fraught with tension but American impatience or one wrong Iranian move and it gets into fasten your seatbelt time

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
while we drifting nicely off the subject. got a question for the idiots that like to make war for no reason. Mr Obama and rest of America, now that a proper country with nukes too put a spanner in the works - it India_ will you go bomb them after Iran or with Iran? hmm No -thought so you mf's do not have the balls to play with your own size.Quick to go invade little 3rd world countries but that is what could be expected.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join