It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Paul supporters should vote For Rick

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
If the race is going to continue for Ron Paul, there has to be a strategy in place that requires you to go against your gut and use your brain.

We all know Florida is a winner take all state, that means 50 delegates, right? Well, Paul didn't spend a lot of resources here and for good reason, it is very expensive to compete here. What to think about is this...if santorum and Paul together would get roughly 30% of the vote, their votes combined could possibly hand Florida to Rick, which would be the second best case for Paul. It would keep those deligates from Gingrich and Romney! Who cares if santorum gets the delegates...he has about a snowballs chance anyway, right!

Beat the system people...beat them at their own game by their own rules.

Gingrich winning SC was also the second best result for Ron Paul. Now let's give Florida to Rick!

What would happen in a three way statistical tie...just an additional thought.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Say what?
How about they just vote for Paul and leave the shenanigans alone?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Maybe because if you give other nominees delegates they can hand those delegates to other nominees so they can take the nomination to be the republicans representive. So in effect giving delegates to Santorum would be like giving them to Romney or Newt I'm in Aus and think I have learnt that but please if I'm seriously wrong let me know

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Actually, that is a good strategy. We all know Rick will drop out eventually, but Newt, Romney, and Paul are probably going all the way to the convention. So, getting Florida's delegates out of the hands of Newt and Romney is a good thing.

Still, Santorum isn't any more likely to win Florida than Paul, so voting for Paul makes just as much sense. Maybe he'll win?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I am just curious as to wether or not you think Ron Paul will win Florida?
What do you think Paul's strategy for Florida is? I was just thinking that he may be hoping for something similar. And with all due respect, I think that having a strategy isn't such a bad thing.

Not trying to argue with you. I just had a thought and was looking for some discussion.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Since TPTB are pretty sure Ron Paul won´t win Florida anyway, they probably won´t bother manipulating the polls like they have done in the other states, where they actually feared he would win otherwise. This mean that he might actually have a chance to WIN in Florida, even if he does not campaign there. All that is needed is that the vote be counted fairly, if the inhabitants of the state did their research online.

So i say all Ron Paul supporters should vote RON PAUL!!!

Besides, even if Rick wins, he will eventually drop out and "endorse" romney or newt anyway, so they will end up with his delegates in the end... so not a good plan at all.
edit on 23-1-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

link   
If you combine Ron Paul and Rick Santorum's support...they are still in third place in FL.

FL is a two man race between Romney and Gingrich. Actually...the rest of the primary is a two man race between Romney and Gingrich.

link   
reply to post by vkturbo

Very true, but a lot could happen between here and there.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

How about Rick Supporters Vote For Ron Paul??
Why should anyone vote for a as Most Corrupt Politician of 2006?

Just a question why people would for a Corrupt Person.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

You may be right, but I do know that for some strange reason Cain is still being lamented over in some parts of Florida. I wonder if he could get a 2-3 % write in. I'm not so sure about Gingrich. Most of the chatter I have heard is " not wanting to be compared to the idiots in SC ". It should be interesting none the less.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ron Paul has as much chance of getting the nomination as Ross Perot did.

He’s out already he just doesn’t know it! Paulites just won’t let the dream die though.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That would work as well...lol.
I was just bouncing around a strategy!
I wish it were that easy!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

He’s out already he just doesn’t know it! Paulites just won’t let the dream die though.

He has even said himself that he has a very low chance of being elected. Even Paul doesn't take-himself seriously.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I think Ron Pauls strategy for Florida is to not waste campaign money on that state. He has a stronger leaning with the younger generation and seeing that Florida is a retirement state he won't get much love there. I hope he wins but who are we kidding, most Republicans want a warmonger and most Democrats want someone Obama can win against. Neither of those describe Congressman Paul.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Funny thing is ..I am not even a paul supporter...just an outsider with an idea on how to keep the dream alive for his supporters. Only because I believe the system is broken and I understand their frustration. It's always a good thing to stir the pot, so I support the supporters!

Give them heck paulites!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Thank you for the conversation and opinion. It will definitely be an uphill battle. I wish him well.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

How about Rick Supporters Vote For Ron Paul??
Why should anyone vote for a as Most Corrupt Politician of 2006?

Just a question why people would for a Corrupt Person.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Do you have a reference? Who made the list....a blogger somewhere?

Santorum wasn't on a list I found for 2010 but our POTUS is on there. Looks like 9 Dems and 1 Republican.
My list isn't from GLP or a blog. My list is by Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption.

Judicial Watch, the public interest group that investigates and prosecutes government corruption, today released its 2010 list of Washington’s “Ten Most Wanted Corrupt Politicians.” The list, in alphabetical order, includes: Senator Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Rahm Emanuel, Former Obama White House Chief of Staff, Senator John Ensign (R-NV), Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. (D-IL), President Barack Obama, Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Hal Rogers (R-KY), and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA).
Judicial Watch

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye

Originally posted by seabag

He has even said himself that he has a very low chance of being elected. Even Paul doesn't take-himself seriously.

True, though your response assumes that I am a supporter of Ron Paul, which I am not. Though I do appreciate the stir the movement has caused thus far. It is a step, however small, in the possibility of of a third party gaining some ground. And it is this gain I see as a good thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I can see a third party coming about as well. Just to piss some people off I think it should be the Paulite Party. It could be the only party that's not corrupt. Wishful thinking I know.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Please explain how Gingrich can win in Virginia?

Or even come in 2nd?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join