It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The position of the Sun during sunrise

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
So, I was driving into work this morning and noticed something that wasn't right. I drive directly North to work and the Sun has always been right off my right shoulder at 3:00 (East). Today, I noticed that the Sun was behind my right should at 5:00 (South East). Has anyone else noticed this change and what are your thoughts?




posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Are you sure you werent driving home
I think if the sun had moved we would all be noticing it?



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
yeah got to agree with last poster,if the sun had moved then i think we would all know about it



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
here ya go
Sun tools

The sun is actually constantly changing its position slightly as we swing around it year after year..but we don't always notice the subtle changes from day to day...however, if you take note if it one day, then a few months later, note it again at the same time, it would seem like everything went bonkers.

blame the daily grind for not being fully aware of nature I guess..who has time to every day study the suns positions..luckily we have tools for that.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Are you sure you werent driving home
I think if the sun had moved we would all be noticing it?


LOL, No I was driving to work. Same road, straight North. I used the 3:00 and 5:00 as positions on a clock to give people a visual.
edit on 23-1-2012 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The sun moves slowly and incrementally with the solstices.

apod.nasa.gov...

Look at the time-lapse photo in the link.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
here ya go
Sun tools

The sun is actually constantly changing its position slightly as we swing around it year after year..but we don't always notice the subtle changes from day to day...however, if you take note if it one day, then a few months later, note it again at the same time, it would seem like everything went bonkers.

blame the daily grind for not being fully aware of nature I guess..who has time to every day study the suns positions..luckily we have tools for that.


Thanks! It did catch me off guard this morning and as you said "we don't always notice the subtle changes from day to day".



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ive read somewhere that some inuit elders are saying that the sun and the stars 'aren't right'
we are coming to a change in 'ages' (the age of aquarias') this means we'll have a new north star about dec.
this is known procession. the planet wobbles and the north pole will point at each one of the zodiac signs every 2200 years or so. read some graham hancock, he breaks it down pretty good.



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I could understand a slight change, but not that drastic
Were you driving in Reverse? LOL



posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOUTH44
I could understand a slight change, but not that drastic
Were you driving in Reverse? LOL


Right! And OP, you may want to do a bit of research on the "movement" of the Moon from night to night. That really freaks some people out.

We know loads and loads of unique info about Science (possibly deep water worms living near hot fissures on Titan) and not the simplist facts about everyday Nature.



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join