It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate tonight at 8:00 CT

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ron paul should say: I could easily double the NASA budget by cutting overseas bases..

Wait they skipped Ron on the answer!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Too much Romney and Gingrich
This is boring

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Do you want other countries to beat us there?

link   
Yeah doubling the nasa budget could be done easily

By cutting 3 trillion in social programs or the 110 trillion in promises made for those same programs.

www.usdebtclock.org...

We spend more for Social Security,Medicare,Medicaid, and the Prescription drug plan than the last decade of War.

edit on 23-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
Is the last half hour of the debate going to be streamed? I think I read somewhere online that it was only the first 1:30.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

But another state may make it illegal for anyone to ever speak another language besides English out in public.

No! The first amendment protects that right. States do not have that option to dictate what people say in public. Thats a different issue then ballots, etc.

Ok, granted...but a state could still only print all government documents in English....which in my opinion is not a good thing.

Let people speak whatever language they want...and provide them government documents in whatever language they need.

We don't need a National language...Ron Paul supports that...him saying he would want to give the states the "option" to continue providing documents in another language doesn't take away that he supports the national law.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Newt wants rewards for space projects?

Where does that money come from Newt? Answer-the government and it has to be big enough to make it financially relevant for these companies to compete for it. End result-Money wasted.
Might as well give that money to NASA.

link   

Originally posted by Brandon88

Do you want other countries to beat us there?

I really don't care.

It's a pipe dream anyway....doubt it would happen in the next 50 years anyway.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yeah doubling the nasa budget could be done easily

By cutting 3 trillion in social programs or the 110 trillion in promises made for those same programs.

agreed, I have no problem paying taxes to help colonize mars, mine asteroids, etc. etc.

Not help pay and feed lazy effing scum bums...
While they steal from me for drugs.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I think free speech would trump any state law saying you couldn't speak anything but English.

But I think it would be interesting if we had more local freedom, where people would want to live. lol

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Sounds good in theory, but I think we have to leave it too the states that may have a real problem with conducting government business if the people cannot understand English in the legal jargon we see it today.

I speak English and Spanish, but have a hard time understanding legal-speak. Where do we draw the line?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I really don't think that Ron Paul would put money cut from overseas into NASA. I think he would prefer private businesses to invest into such endeavors after reforming monetary policy and giving America sound money.

In my opinion, that would give more businesses and more people incentive to invest money into things like space exploration and technology because their money would be worth significantly more and there would be confidence in the dollar and our economy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Anyone watch The Astronaut Farrmer
It was about Nasa not wanting a former to circumvent the earth because then people would know it doesnt cost that much

I know it costs alot and the movie was fiction
It still makes you think though
How much money goes in red tape and special interest groups, yes even NASA

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I agree with you on the national law. The US has never been an English-only country, ever. However, I think the states could be given the option to provide necessary translations to other languages if needed, without having the federal government foot the bill for those translations.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

So I guess getting to the moon was a pipe dream too?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Newt not as enthusiastic tonight as last debate concerning about his extra marital affairs. I guess nothing gets your blood pumping like talks of mistresses...

Romney didn't mention Obama in every sentence tonight. Better yet, I don't think he mentioned Obama at all tonight. That's uneffinbelievable...

Ron Paul expounding to the ignorant about the truth once again...

Ummmm... Santorum, who cares?

In the end, too much air time for Gingrich the Grinch and Flip-Flop Mitt.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Sounds good in theory, but I think we have to leave it too the states that may have a real problem with conducting government business if the people cannot understand English in the legal jargon we see it today.

I speak English and Spanish, but have a hard time understanding legal-speak. Where do we draw the line?

What do think Arizona would do if they had the opportunity to abolish Spanish as a language in all official government documentation?

Where does that leave the Spanish speaking American Citizens that live there???

There is no requirement to know English to be a citizen...so you automatically disenfranchise American Citizens by doing something like that.

And I don't support creating a group of second class citizens.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The space program is dead in America one of the greatest generations have given way to what we know today

and the result will be China on the moon and then Mars.

Communist's in space because social engineering is more important than Rocket engineering the difference is China seeks technological development for cash.

They use to call that capitalism.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Putting a man on Mars???

Really...are we concerned about this?

Alqaeda Aliens

edit on 23-1-2012 by Corruptedstructure because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You can thank Bush for his wars, And now the GOP front runners want more war.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join