It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am completely unprepared... Help me figure out what to get...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Yoga lessons.
What you need is Yoga lessons.
You'll thank me later.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by DJM8507

Yoga lessons.
You'll thank me later.

Ok, but why the yoga lessons...?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say flexability. This way when ones time is up, the rearend is reachable to kiss.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
With an infant 'd say you'd be better off bugging in. So the necessities are obvious - shelter, water & food.

Sounds like you are good on the shelter and with a well you could convert to hand pump when the time comes as long as you have the pump & instructions...and if your well isn't too deep for a hand pump.

Stock up on more food because I'd say a years worth for each person would be ideal. Also with your land you should start a garden or better yet get the best use of your land with a permaculture type set up with chickens and a small pond. If I had 3 acres I would!

First aid supplies and a good medical emergency book.

Durable clothes and shoes (especially different sizes for the growing little one...and cloth diapers!) for all weather. Good socks are vital!

A wood burning stove or fire place for indoor cooking & heat would be nice provided you have available firewood....axe & wood spliter too.

Weapons (for hunting and protection), tools, hand crank lanterns/flashlights/radio, maps and a back-up plan/location that you can get to if you have to bug out.

If you cover these bases you should be able to ride out any survivable catastrophe. If anything bad does happen your goal should be to get through the "big die off" when many will starve to death.

There are these "all I'll need is a gun so I'll just take what I need" people - I know of at least one personally - so you and your group better be prepared to kill or scare them off so practice shooting. But I'm betting by the time they realize they need to eat they'll be weak and not much trouble because IMO they're already not too bright.

Good luck and don't go too crazy!

edit on 1/24/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hello

I believe for you, it truly doesn't matter because with any significant earthquake event you will be under water.

To be truly prepared, as soon as TSHTF have a place to go north of you.

God Bless

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by DJM8507

Yoga lessons.
You'll thank me later.

Ok, but why the yoga lessons...?

To increse your flexability
so you can more easliy

Bend over and kiss your ass goodbye!

edit on 24-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

The first thing I think of with an infant is coconut oil, corn starch, cloth diapers, clothes pins, vinyl-coated rope, two five gallon buckets (three are better)... a sturdy plunger, bleach and laundry soap. Vinegar in the rinse water works good as fabric softener and also kills bacteria.

You can also us cloth diapers as dish towels.
edit on 24-1-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shushu

This was published in 1914 re infant care www.mchlibrary.info... should help in primative conditions.

However note the first line of the pamphlet tells the parents that they need to 'register' the birth with the state. We were considered bank owned human livestock long before 1933.
edit on 24-1-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJM8507
I am pretty much completely unprepared beyond a few weeks of canned goods. I live on 3 acres of land, 2 of which are somewhat cleared with trees in Northwest, Florida. I have a neighbor that is about 300 feet from my home visible, and another about 300 feet through the woods no visible. Both are rednecks with many weapons and dogs. I have a 300ft freshwater well with an electric pump. The structure is an older house, stick built, vinyl. I have no weapons, or medical, or survival equipment with only a few weeks of food and water.

I have 3 adults in my household (1 male, 2 females) and 1 infant.

I want to get prepared. Please tell me what things I should buy first and so on, as i want to do everything i can to prepare and have some cash saved up to do so.

Maybe it is too late, but I'd like to at least try...
edit on 23-1-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

How about you research it, Figure out what you need for you with the results you find...through research and start that way. None of us know what you need except for you...once you do that and start that way, if you need information on what type of things to get for you...then go from there. You might need something special or you might not need anything special, this is where your skills come into play, you know what they are or aren't...so work on those for the things you think are the most needed for what you feel is most likely to happen and just keep going from there.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If there are females involved, you better learn to make your own sanitary napkins. Or else buy a lot. It would be better to learn to make them. Lots of plans online. Also, it you truly want to be prepared, you need to start learning and working on things now. Dedicate 5 hours of your month and 5-10% of your income and get on it. Those are just my figures by the way, very doable. Others may vary.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join