It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Sounds, The Dogon, Sirius B and The Bullroarer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Also interesting.

The Nommos were more fishlike than human, and had to live in water. They were saviors and spiritual guardians: "The Nommo divided his body among men to feed them; that is why it is also said that as the universe "had drunk of his body," the Nommo also made men drink. He gave all his life principles to human beings."

The Nommo was crucified and resurrected and in the future will again visit the earth, this time in human form. Later he will assume his amphibious form and will rule the world from the waters.

*emphasis mine*
Source

Sound like a popular story revered by millions across the planet?

I seem to be rambling off on your topic! Sorry man, it kinda hit a brain thing that made me want to start looking and typing, haha. Not meaning to go off topic =P
edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Wow, AzureSky, nice catch on that.

Here is an anchor from the tomb of St, Sebastian.

www.jesuswalk.com...

Looks like this is going to get way more interesting than I anticipated.

Thanks.

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkinJo
Since the Dogon knew about sirius B before everyone else, im going go ahead and believe whatever they say about whats coming.

Then again, I recall reading somewhere that the gentlemen who was studying the Dogon way back when (could be the guy in the video), was being accused of teaching the tribe about the Dog Star, Saturn and Jupiter. Even tribesmen themselves had either conflicting ideas of how they learned of Sirius, or they flat out said they learned from the guy that was studying them.

I wish I knew where I saw this info, 'cause I know I'm gonna get reamed for it.

As an argument, how can one Pale Face convince an entire tribe that they came from a star system that we can't see with the naked eye?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_philth

Originally posted by ThinkinJo
Since the Dogon knew about sirius B before everyone else, im going go ahead and believe whatever they say about whats coming.

Then again, I recall reading somewhere that the gentlemen who was studying the Dogon way back when (could be the guy in the video), was being accused of teaching the tribe about the Dog Star, Saturn and Jupiter. Even tribesmen themselves had either conflicting ideas of how they learned of Sirius, or they flat out said they learned from the guy that was studying them.

I wish I knew where I saw this info, 'cause I know I'm gonna get reamed for it.

As an argument, how can one Pale Face convince an entire tribe that they came from a star system that we can't see with the naked eye?

From what i understand thus far, I believe they have had these beliefs before we introduced ourselves, But there definatly is a slight chance of that happening. There is always the chance, but back then we really didn't know that much either, we had only discovered sirius b 40 or 50 years before that point. And i doubt the intricacies of other solar systems weren't at the forefront of peoples minds. always the chance tho.
edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Good thread.

Did anyone else expect Nemoy to have pointy ears and be in his Star Fleet uniform, and not recognize him without them for couple seconds

The strange sounds sound very much like large pieces of fatiguing metal that are being stressed beyond their limits and bending. Its very hypnotic, really.
edit on 1/23/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
the description of these fish people sounded familiar and I found this on the internet. The Dogon are apparently not the only ones with stories about fish gods

www.livius.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There is an esoteric interpretation to Dogon mythology that makes more sense than the literal interpretation. Specifically, when they speak of water and amphibious creatures, what they mean by water is the Superluminal realm aka hyperspace aka heaven, and by amphibious they mean the ability to quantum phase shift or swim into extra-dimensional superfluids.

The book Atlantis Rising and Revelation 18 describe how Sirius B went supernova causing Nibiru to catch a gravity wave into rogue planet status, meaning it orbits or figure 8s the two systems - far beyond eccentric.

The sun is also going to go supernova via aether/mhd physics not gravitational/nuclear physics and when it does the inner planets quantum phase shift and outer ones possibly do a Nibiru. The explosion starts at the heliopause, not the suns core.

Interestingly, the prophecy of Nommo Anagonno corresponds to the second coming of christ - THE TWIN OF THE VICTIM WILL DESCEND WITH THE BLACKSMITH. That means that The Christ oversoul of The Son of Man is imprinted with the oversoul that produced Tesla aka The Electric Jesus.

Only these two souls deserve the right to destroy Babylon with free energy...

Also tornadoes and power outages are predicted to coincide with T2ndC.

Check my profile for more related threads.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If I recall correctly the being that supposedly taught the Sumerians civilization come up out of the sea as well?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Did anyone else expect Nemoy to have pointy ears and be in his Star Fleet uniform, and not recognize him without them for couple seconds

Even better, Spock, in Star Fleet uniform (blue), swinging the bullroarer himself to the music from the Amok Time episode,

Thank you so much for the compliment on my the thread.

X.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kalki11

Kalki11?

That was an awesome post and very well written. You can bet that I will be by to have my mind blown by your material. But,

what you have propose really does make the idea of aquatic beings from Sirius B instructing mankind in the arts and sciences seem absolutely literal.

Thanks so much for adding some nitrous to the thread.

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
There is a sci-fi book series out there where the plots are driven by relatively rapid human expansion into space that is boosted by the artifacts found on the moon and mars of various completely unrelated alien races that visited earth over time. Anyways, in the second book of the second trilogy, at around 2150 earth's sublight interstellar capacity is growing, and an exploratory fleet visits Sirius, and they find a giant stargate orbiting there. They investigate the structure and they find this aquatic species having made a home in the stargate. They didn't build it and have no idea who did, but the threat of a hyper advanced alien race that kills any sentient race it comes across (so that they will never become a threat) means that they find the stargate a handy place to hide in plain sight.

Anyways, their race used to be relative neighbors to Earth, back before the hyper predatory "Hunters of the Dawn" came along and wiped their race off of their home planets. After that happened some of them stopped by earth and taught various peoples of the Earth.

It really is a great series, which focuses on ancient alien theories while at the same time mocking people who take it too far and replace science and actual xenology (as it evolves in the series) with belief. Fundamental Christianity basically gets its place in the hierarchy of beliefs usurped by various UFO cults in this series. Jesus was an alien sent to teach us and our cosmic brothers are coming back to save us any day, you know. The other focal point of the series is the Marine Corps and its evolution from the 2030s to the far future, though. Take that as you will

edit on 23-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Thank you Mkoll,

I am a very big science fiction fan and I really liked the plot synopsis. I was wondering if you would not mind saying whom the author is and what the name of the book is too.

Thanks in advance, I would like to look out for it.

X.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

I like, I like.

Bookmarking for later.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Dogon Bullroarer:

Hall reports that the spiraling turns of the bullroarer are compared by the Dogon to the creation of the world, to the broadcasting of grain, to a certain kind of filter basket woven in the form of a continuous spiral, and to the revolving of a small star Po-tolo around the prominent star Sirius.
missionignition.net...

lol sounds interesting but that bullroarer has maori designs on it so it isnt a dogon bullroarer if the rest of your research is as bad as this then id say its a load of bs

oh and if you dont know where maoris come from we are from new zealand which is in the pacific

edit on 24-1-2012 by gorrillaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
What I find interesting is these bullroarers are found in many indigenous tribes

Auatralia

OK not indigenous people per se, but closest I could find for Native American Indians

And could I find that scene from Crocodile Dundee? nope!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
1- well put together post. I like your idea, and its definatly thinking outside the box.
2- does this prove that we have been visited by an intelligence from another planet?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The Dogons describe the birth of our Sun and Sirius as being of the same placenta.
Stars are born within nebula - When an ancient star such as Sirius B went super nova it shed its outer layers forming such nebula - Our Sun and Sirius A coeleced from a nebulous cloud or clump which they shared.
In Ancient Egyptian lore - Sirius (Isis) is represented as the Mother of our Sun (Horus). The idea of immaculate conception comes from this idea for the Father is Osiris yet he had been slain ie dead - Could Sirius B be represented as Osiris?
Interestingly Ancient Egyptian lore speaks of the soul and says that once the soul has run the race of purity it takes on a body of light and is born in Orion. Astrnomy has perfectly shown that in Orion is a massive Stellar Nursery with many many stars in the process of being born.
When the Dogons describe beings from Sirius they also speak of Sirius C - a planet - If you think about it how could a being come from a star - It is more likely they came from a planet orbiting a star - such as Sirius C.
When the Dogon desribe these beings - they say they were afraid of them and that they appeared hideous to them - Yet over time they realised these beings came to assist them. I have heard first hand from a scribe as follows - Alien beings have visited the Earth in the remote past - They are here today yet this time they come in Human Form so as not to frighten people - being in appearance as Humans and born in the same way as Humans - and facing the same indoctrination and brainwashing as Humans - they do this so when they overcome their indoctrination they can then understand better and assist Humanity again. Also there is a plan at play to help Humanity in practical common sense ways in this extra ordinary time we are all in. I could go on but will cease here as too much info can be overloading to consider..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

They didn't they knew about Sirius A which is visible to the naked eye.

start here >>> en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

Wow, AzureSky, nice catch on that.

Here is an anchor from the tomb of St, Sebastian.

www.jesuswalk.com...

Looks like this is going to get way more interesting than I anticipated.

Thanks.

X.

I agree with Azure Sky about Nomos being fish like also they learnt Human Language and had a kind of high pitched whinning sound when communicating.
However many logos of The Fish represent the age of Pisces - the age we are presently transitioning from.
ie Jesus is represented as being the Messenger for this age - the sign of the fish.
Yet fish representations in some ancient cultures do speak of Nomo type beings.I see all things as deeply connected though.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Interesting indeed. This story has been retold numerous times, in numerous ways but with different characters.

Quetzalcoatl
en.wikipedia.org...
Horus
en.wikipedia.org...
Jesus Christ
en.wikipedia.org...

Same guy, different name, different costume.

PLPL

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join