It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Strange Sounds, The Dogon, Sirius B and The Bullroarer.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Hello new friends,

I wanted to put up a small thread to offer an idea that I have not seen on ATS yet. I used the search function and found nothing like it. Please excuse me if I have put this in the wrong place but...

I bet you have heard of the Dogon Tribe of Mali, Africa and their prophecy concerning the return of their mentor, Nommo from Sirius B.

Dogon Depiction of Nommo.

This thread is not intended to describe anything definitive about the Strange Sounds or the Dogon or what they believe; I just wanted to put it out as food for thought.

I am going to grab this wonderful breakdown on the Dogon so that those unfamiliar can catch up.

THE DOGON occupy a region in Mali, south of the Sahara Desert in Africa. They live in the Homburi Mountains near Timbuktu. At the center of their religious teachings is the knowledge of a Sirius B, a white dwarf, although small and faint is extremely dense and heavy enough to exert an influence on Sirius A. The Dogon name for Sirius B is Po Tolo. Tolo means Star. Po means smallest seed.

In addition to their knowledge of Sirius B, the Dogon mythology includes Saturn's rings, and Jupiter's four major moons. They have four calendars, for the Sun Moon, Sirius, and Venus, and have long known that planets orbit the sun.

They claim that a long time ago a space ship with 3 triangular legs landed. The DOGON call the creatures the NOMMOS, who have to live in water. The beings were human looking. They put out a reservoire of water onto the earth. They dove out into the water. They were aquatic....more to the point amphibious. They could walk and talk and live on the earth but they could also live in an aquatic environment. They believe the Nommo will return to the earth one day.

www.siriuslink.com...

There we are. So the Dogon knew about Sirius B before we had the technology to learn about it ourselves.

Now, like many ancient cultures, the Dogon use the bullroarer as a ceremonial musical instrument.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a great article by the foremost researcher in to bullroarers, violinist and anthropologist Bethe Hagens,

missionignition.net...

And here is a quote from that article referencing anthropologist Robert Hall concerning the Dogon and their bullroarers,

Dogon Bullroarer:

Hall reports that the spiraling turns of the bullroarer are compared by the Dogon to the creation of the world, to the broadcasting of grain, to a certain kind of filter basket woven in the form of a continuous spiral, and to the revolving of a small star Po-tolo around the prominent star Sirius.
missionignition.net...

So what I have wanted to firm up for us there is that the Dogon associate the bullroarer, and most importantly, the sound of the bullroarer, with the return of Nommo, or The Nommos, from Sirius B.

Here is the old In Search Of (Spock!) episode featuring the Dogon and Sirius. You can hear the bullroarer at 1:55.

And just to make the sound really clear,

I would say that even being able to see where the noise is coming from, the 'sound' of the thing is still rather emotional and seems to stimulate some possibly ancient part of myself. Which has been an interest of mine concerning these sounds; the emotional reaction people have to them, including me.

And here is Kiev...

So there we have it. I thought that was a strange connection; the sound of the Dogon bullroarers being the Dogon's best representation of the sound made by the Nommo/s when S/he/they arrived and when S/he/they return someday; and the possible comparison to the Strange Sounds, heard worldwide (of course I realize that some are hoaxes, and some are yet to be determined).

I think that ATS members can fill in the blanks when it comes to what that 'return' may entail.

So what do you think, ATS?

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Honestly, I don't know whether to give it credence or dismiss it as an alien conspiracy...but it's food for thought!

s&f

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You might want to read up on the Hopi Kachina. It's sort of parallel to your post.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nice post!

I always thought it pretty amazing that the Dogon (a very simple tribe mostly cut off from the rest of the world) knew about Sirius B without telescopes before the rest of the world.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Thank you, I thought the idea was weird enough to make a thread. I'm glad you found something intriguing in there. What did you think of the actual bullroarer noise?

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
WOW, that is awesome. I love how you put this together. Finally a thread that has not been doubled! hahahah Good job sir!

link   
reply to post by Magnificient

You might want to read up on the Hopi Kachina. It's sort of parallel to your post.

Thank you. I am a big fan of the Hopi and your comment is actually very relevant; the Hopi do use bullroarers and they do have a very elegant theory of the eschaton.

Thanks, I will revisit it.

X.

link   
I know this would eventually make its way to me.
I've been having a hard time piecing some things together about sirius, and, up comes your OP!
Star and flag my friend, thankyou for the information!

I have been researching into the possibility that we may be in a binary system with Sirius. If we are, then we may be coming to a point where our sun, and Sirius are closer together than in the last several thousand years,
Perhaps it might be a clue into our origins,
Perhaps it is 'nibiru',

Has Sirius been getting closer to us in the last 100 years? I can't find anything on it really, possibly it is because sirius was described as being 'red' in some ancient astrology books (marcus merillius), and now it is blue in our sky. The light spectrum for visible objects in the sky is red: moving away, blue: moving closer (forget the scientific term, sorry).

Logically we can put two and two together and come up with "Sirius is moving closer to us, for a reason we do not know yet scientifically", or we haven't been told. Which i wouldn't doubt in the least either.

Watch a movie called 'the great year', as well. I think you will find it highly interesting.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

Has Sirius been getting closer to us in the last 100 years?

I am so glad you are digging this.

Maybe it is just the Nommo that are returning and not the whole Sirius B (?)?

Thanks for being here.

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The Bullroarer sound does sound like the spaceship sound from some of the older (and cheesy) b-rated movies Ive seen.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xoanon

Has Sirius been getting closer to us in the last 100 years?

I am so glad you are digging this.

Maybe it is just the Nommo that are returning and not the whole Sirius B (?)?

Thanks for being here.

X.

Nope. Sirius is moving towards us (actually, apparently we are moving towards each other at about 7.6km/s, which is pretty damn quickly if you ask me. It may be on its return orbit back to us (and us it) our suns will never collide, we are in a binary with it me thinks.

Here is a video that may interest you, if you are religious you may not want to. But this man explains some stuff pretty well. It is pretty long, and its only the first part, but the first part has the most about sirius in it, its also good if you have time to watch it.

Here is The Great Year as well:

This also ties in with say, the Mayan beliefs as well, or pretty much any belief system of that particular time period. Perhaps the 'ancient aliens' we see in archaeology, really do come from Sirius. But can only come here while our two systems are at its closest. Else it gets too far away (if they don't have the technology?), we never know. Much of history has been lost.
edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Also another thought i came into.
We all know the legents of Atlantis, and Lumeria (possibly?),
And apparently there are other lost land such as this too. But not the point.
The legend goes that they were swollowed up by water, they disappeared into the waves. I just read on a page about 'the lost lands coming back up from their depths', perhaps when we are closest to our sister star, the gravitational force of having another star (or two), would possibly have some effects on our own planet? Such as an expansion of the earths crust and re-emerging the old lost cities.

Just a thought, purely hypothetical. Its an interesting correlation i think. I just don't know if the proximity of another solar system would have that kind of effect here, i suppose it would if there is a white dwarf accompanying it.

Perhaps the sounds are the sounds of another planet or solar system coming closer to us. Seeing as how our own close planetary neighbors have their own 'sounds', im sure stars and their planetary bodies would also have sounds as well. Perhaps close enough, we could hear it audibly with the right circumstances. Who knows! Thats whats fun! Its a mystery until its happening!

Im curious about the sounds, the real ones. I hope i get to hear it soon though, i would enjoy the experience, and love to contemplate on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by calnorak

The Bullroarer sound does sound like the spaceship sound from some of the older (and cheesy) b-rated movies Ive seen.

Buzzings, hummings, and other strange noises have always been very interesting to me. And my favorite part of sci fi movies as a child was often the sound effects.

People have been hearing buzzings and hummings associated with 'strange phenomenon' in for always. I believe all of the children involved in Fatima heard humming and buzzing along with the visions.

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Nope. Sirius is moving towards us

I had no idea. Thank you for bringing that to our/my attention and gracing the thread with more eye candy and food for thought.

Thanks again.

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
I know this would eventually make its way to me.

Isn't it so fascinating how synchronicity works!

Originally posted by AzureSky
Has Sirius been getting closer to us in the last 100 years? I can't find anything on it really, possibly it is because sirius was described as being 'red' in some ancient astrology books (marcus merillius), and now it is blue in our sky. The light spectrum for visible objects in the sky is red: moving away, blue: moving closer (forget the scientific term, sorry).

Santos Bonacci presents the very same hypothesis in which I found to be pretty bad a**! The concept is pretty far-fetched, but it made my brain do one-arm pull-ups! I like the way you think AzureSky.

Xoanon, this was pieced together very well my friend! My initial thought was... uh oh, someone doesn't know how to use the Search feature - then it was... aww man, I've turned into one of those nitpicking Interned jack-holes that thrive on any little opportunity to say (in smug tone) uhh, ever hear of the search feature? or pics or it didn't happen... then I got to reading, and I just wanna say, well thought out my friend.

I'm sure you're gonna get the same types as the above ilk who will tell you you're absolutely wrong - but hey, A for Effort!

I shall reward you accordingly for jarring my brain! Cheers!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

Yup! I listened to him quite a bit actually, i linked one of his videos above there. He's a very interesting man. Obviously ancient man had some sort of leg up when it came to the sky. They had no electricity for one! Imagine the sky with no lights at all! I think there is a lot to be learned from the ancients,
Things we never considered before.
Have to question everything, we don't have all the answers,
It would be interesting to see a bright blue star in our sky, possibly even the side of a small moon (to our eyes from earth i mean)

I wish i had a telescope.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by the_philth

I shall reward you accordingly for jarring my brain! Cheers!

You've made my day, friend, I am so pleased that people are finding stuff they can bite on in this thread. Thank you for your support and compliments.

X.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Since the Dogon knew about sirius B before everyone else, im going go ahead and believe whatever they say about whats coming. To me its that simple, they've proved they're knowledge already, and of course theres always going to be some Westerner who doesnt understand how they got the info,or know these things, and put alll efforts into disproving them, lets not even ask why

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And now im reading more on the Nommos.
Haha, thanks for the extra thoughts my friend! I love researching things that i don't know, its like piecing a giant puzzle together.

Synchronicity is awesome

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkinJo

To me its that simple, they've proved they're knowledge already, and of course theres always going to be some Westerner who doesnt understand how they got the info,or know these things, and put alll efforts into disproving them

It's true. The Dogon are alive and well and fly straight in the face of what we think we know about the world and what surrounds it.

Thanks for your input.

X.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join