It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this ?paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hello fellow ats'ers

After reading through woodwytches thread on demon names (I would add a link but, alas, I am totally computer illiterate) I was inspired to ask for thoughts on an ongoing experience I had throughout my childhood as there appears to be a lot of people here highly knowledgable in what I am about to share. Its a little long and I hope you bear with me.

In 1985 (when I was 5) my family moved to an early 20th century 3 bed house in Gillingham, Kent. The story behind the house was that the woman we bought it off of had lost a son in the second world war and had left his bedroom totally untouched untill we moved in, I have no memories of the woman. My mum had the untouched double room, my older sister had the other double and i had the smaller 'box' room
When I was 8 my sister moved out and I moved into her room (happy cos i had a 'big boy room'), it was a little after this that things started happening. my only real memory at that stage was seeing the shape of a person about 3ft tall but totally black standing against the radiator as i fell asleep one night, the image stays with me today.
Around this time I became too afraid to stay in my own room at night and would cry and kick up a fuss untill my mum let me make up a bed at the foot of hers every night, I cant remember what made me so scared. When I slept in mums room I had to sleep as far away from the door and made sure that I couldnt even see it, I would curl up in a ball and hide as best as i could untill I fell asleep.
I must have been around 12 when I slept every night in my own room again and nothing happened over the next few years.
When I was around 16 the real problems began. I had started work and used to use my stereo as an alarm clock, the clock display was bright and easily visible from my bed.
One night I was just drifting off when I heard a loud buzzing in my ears, I opened my eyes and saw that the L.E.D stereo display was off but my reading lamp was still on. I tried to move but felt like I was being held down and the more I tried to move the more the buzzing got louder and more painfull, I also got the feeling that a great danger was approaching. After what seemed like an eternity I felt the force lift and the buzzing stopped, I got out of my bed and went to my bedroom door. As I opened the door there was a 'man' standing behind it, he was totally bald and had no eyes, just deep hollows where they should be, he then shot towards me with amazing force and strength, pinned me against the wall and began strangling me, I tried to fight him off but he was too strong. As I felt I was dieing I suddenly woke up, covered in sweat, heart pounding and out of breath.
'Dreams' (night terrors?) like this then continued every night (sometimes more than one a night, for the next 9 years. They always began the same (clock off, Buzzing, held down) I was always released but whatever 'killed' me every night was different (from bizzarre insect/arachnids, street gangs, witches etc etc). I became so used to them that I knew when I was in one and could experiment with my enviroment, I found I could turn on every electric appliance except my clock, could change my clothes etc. I also realised that the dream would only end when I 'died' so I tried to 'kill' myself (once I threw myself through my window, headfirst into the pavement) but It wouldnt let me and I remained unhurt untill that episodes 'killer' sought me out and killed me. It was terrifying!
When I moved out the dreams stopped completely and suddenly (ive not had one in the past 8 years).
I recently spoke to my sister who said the room was creepy and she regularly heard rappings, tappings and scratchings in the room and couldnt wait to leave.
Friends who stayed over all have told me that they all felt uncomfortable in my house as a whole and hated it when I left them in a room alone, particularly my bedroom which also always appeared colder than the rest of the house.
When my mum moved out I told her about my experiences and she told me that shortly after moving into the house I began displaying some strange behaviour. Apparently I used to get out of bed and began runing around the house at high speed, when I finally stopped my eyes would be wide open but I was totally unresponsive to her and she had to physically pull me back to bed, once I even convulsed in the front room in front of her. I knew none of this untill she told me.

I know to some people this story might sound stupid and I've only ever told close friends and family about it because I didn't want to be labeled a freak or a weirdo but it did happen.
Does anyone have any ideas what was happenening? any thoughts would be most appreciated. I'll also be happy to answer any questions anyone might have as i have left out may small factors otherwise this would turn into a novel!
Thanks in advance

Yours
Thequietone

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thequietone

It sounds like lucid dreaming. The tip off was that you tried to end the dream and knew it was a dream, but couldn't until the guy came and killed you. It's weird that it stopped after you moved out, but I'd still bet on it being that.

I'm no expert, and people here might have different explanations, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Must have been terrifying!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It definitely sounds like lucid dreaming.but it could also just be normal.
you never know

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thequietone

Hey there thequietone,

Here;s the link to my thread that you mentioned in your opening post (OP) + the follow-up thread of the same case ... it turned out to be quite something I have to say,

1/ Demon Identification Help Required ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

2/ The Messenger - Dirken Ridge - Update Of The Demon Identification (Red Eyes) Case ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As for you experiences it sounds like the house had an open vortex in it ... quite possibly sat on a minor negative leyline like the house where the activity in my threads took place.

Believe it or not what you experienced is quite common although that doesn't make it any less terrifying when it happens ... I have experienced the 'hollow-eyed' apparition myself years ago and much much later I discovered two of my children had also encountered him.

It sounds like you also had 'night terrors' my youngest son used to have them and was totally unresponsive just like your mom said you were.

You also appear to have been the victim of 'sleep paralysis' when you felt crushed and couldn't move in the bed.

And finally the short black apparition cropped up in the 'Red Eyes' Case (see links) they seem to be the little go-for/helpers of the 'hollow-eyed' entities.

So you certainly had your fair share of activity it would seem ... and unless the vortex has been closed in that house I'm guessing the present residents will be experiencing much of the same.

Woody

new topics

top topics

join