It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need medical experts that are here to give advice, I know there are medical people here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Monday about 3 am while just lying on the couch watching tv, I had an odd experience I heard and felt something pop inside on the top of my head, it sounded like a small baloon popping and then I heard a gush and felt pain in that area, I then went and took two aspirin but then I felt nauseous, thinking it was probably the aspirin I made a sandwich to help my stomach but now all day and all evening I have had a headache, my head just feel like it is sore inside if that makes any sense. I know it sounds weird to think that someone could hear something inside of their body but if you lay just right you can actually hear your heartbeat. I called ask a nurse who seemed to think my ears were popping, please I have had my ears pop and I know the difference, this was definiitely a popping noise inside of my head, sort of like something pulled loose and I immediately heard the whooshing sound and then felt pain. Have you ever heard of a case of someone hearing things like this and do you think I should go to the doctor or ER.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm pharmacist, I know a bit about medicine and I say go see a doctor, that is my advice. Things popping in your head are never good. I have never heard of such thing, but just to be safe, go see a doctor.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Every once in a while I get these weird things in my head, it's really hard to explain...I can also "hear" them when it happens, it's kind of like getting a knot in my head, and it is always in a very specific place. Usually it is painful and very weird/uncomfortable when it happens, and then just somewhat sore and unpleasant for a while after and then just goes away. Maybe it's a similar thing. But if all you have is a mild soreness or something, I don't think there's a need to run off to the doctor.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Yeah, you should probably see a doctor sounds like it might be serious.

Since I was little though, I've always been able to control this drumming sound in my head. Weird.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This sounds like it could have been a small aneurysm to me...the symptoms are very similar to the ones you've mentioned. I've never actually heard of someone hearing the wall of the vein pop - but I certainly wouldn't think it to be impossible.

Obviously you're alive and fine...I'd take this as a warning though and do what the others suggest - visit a doctor and tell them what happened...maybe hint at the fact that you'd like to have a MRI just to make things conclusive...

new topics

top topics

join