It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is the truth really just round the corner?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
is the truth really about to come out?i mean i read the other day that they are now saying that every star u see in the night sky has planets revolving round them..........if thats the case then even the most die hard skeptic has to admit that surely 1 of them stars has a planet that is harbouring life,surley they can,t be so blinded.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

is the truth really about to come out?

Probably not ...... Hold on .... the truth about what ?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
lol sorry i was getting ear ache from the wife and forgot to even say that i meant that life exists on other planets.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
"They" say a lot of stupid crap.

Give me the names of people that have said every star has a planet, and I will give you an equal amount of names of people that are not being honest with you.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just because the star has a planet, and the planet has life, does not mean that little greys are visiting the earth...

One does not equal the other, I think most reasonable people would admit there is probably life out there in the stars, Finding it and traveling to it are something completely different.
edit on 23-1-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

yeah i agree with u but i never mentioned anything about them visiting us,just meant are they going to finally admit that life does exist elsewhere.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

They will admit it when they find it.
2nd

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Before u take a look around the corner u might think about getting one of these...

www.youtube.com...

Sorry I just had too

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

but do u really believe that?to admit it if they find it then thats to admit that what every1 has believed has to be thrown rite out the window.......i mean by that is the whole religon thing,can u imagine the furore that wud cause with the religous people.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Those stars you mention have had the same planets revolving around them for ages. For it to be scientific fact in the current times, doesn't all of a sudden make life elsewhere in the universe more plausible then before.
I think, statistically, the odds are in favor or life elsewhere, in whatever form imagineable. The likelihood of 'them' parked in Earth orbit, I consider somewhat slim.

Awareness doesn't change reality, it only gives you more options.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Religion covers all eventualities.
Believers will believe anything.
Such is the way...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

well that is so true,agree 100% with that

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Truth just around the corner? About alien life?

Not if TPTB can help it! All this Keppler earth-hunting stuff is just window-dressing - to appease the masses.

It's about control, power, money. They got it. You don't. If they admit to 'truth', they lose some of that control, some of that power. If it gets out of hand, they may lose a lot of control (over you), a great deal of power. Obviously, they will do everything in their power (and they still have plenty) to prevent that.

Thus, yet again, and still, we are left with no more than my signature...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

yeah i see ur point,i would love to know the facts but to be honest in my life time i never see anything being admitted as long as they know they don,t have 2 admit it......unless something major is going to happen then i believe we will always be kept in the dark.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31
is the truth really about to come out?i mean i read the other day that they are now saying that every star u see in the night sky has planets revolving round them..........if thats the case then even the most die hard skeptic has to admit that surely 1 of them stars has a planet that is harbouring life,surley they can,t be so blinded.

Then I guess I must be a die hard skeptic. Until we actually find a planet with life on it, all bets are still on. We don't know how life starts. We just don't. So there's no way to know how easy or difficult it is. So there's no way to know if life pops up on every other planet with liquid water on it, or whether it's such a tremendous fluke that we could realistically be the only planet with life on it in the entire universe.

Of course, it's impossible to prove a negative. You can't check every planet in the universe for life. Some puny little mud planet on the other side of the universe might have some little frogs hopping around on it. But at that point, what difference does it make? If there's another planet with life on it somewhere, unless we find it, then there is no practical difference between the two conditions, because virtual, hypothetical ET life is the equivalent of no ET life.

When it comes to ET life, it's proof or GTFO.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

is the truth really about to come out?
Probably not ...... Hold on .... the truth about what ?

The White House already said they aren't in contact with ET civilizations, and have no evidence such things exist. I always say that most people will only believe the truth (whatever it may be) if it confirms what they already believe.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I believe (emphasis on believe) that life out there is a given. Are they about to find out and tell us? Depends. If it's insignificant, they most probably will. Don't get me wrong, insignificant is a strong word as it would still be exciting to find microbes or such on other planets and moons, and make it official. But if they ever encounter intelligent life, (which I believe they already have) I don't think they would tell us. No-need-to-know.

As for the release from the White House, personally, I think it's an insult.

But that's just me.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

If you don't think theres other life in the universe, you're obviously mistaken. It would be like Columbus wondering if life existed elsewhere in the planet and not just in spain. Its foolish, and it makes no sense. We are all in the universe, and if you look at the universe as one "planet" or sphere, in which we all live in, it doesn't make sense to say out of the entire Earth, life only inhabits one sand granule.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Just because the star has a planet, and the planet has life, does not mean that little greys are visiting the earth...

One does not equal the other, I think most reasonable people would admit there is probably life out there in the stars, Finding it and traveling to it are something completely different.
edit on 23-1-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Agree that they are two separate things, but also have to say that no one on this post said anything about greys, and how would you know? Of course the only way for your brain is able to concieve such a thing, it doesn't make sense logically, or any other way for that matter, to travel incredible distances, using incredible amounts of energy. But this is all using information that your privy too. Surely we have not figured out "everything" in the universe. There might be different ways to "travel" that we haven't even thought of yet. My point is, its not good to close your mind off to "possiblities" just because you can't concieve, or fathom, the reason, concept, or motive for such ideas.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Most solar systems are devoid of intelligent life for various reasons and most of those reasons simply end up being 'not suitable'. Generally speaking space is a vast desert and a planet with life is an oasis. A planet with intelligent life is like finding a needle in a haystack in a warehouse filled with billions of haystacks without needles.

Fortunately intelligent species tend to be messy and noisy. Unfortunately space tends to destroy most of those signs with the natural laws of physics.

the general truth is that most intelligent species that exist managed to self-destruct themselves or get wiped out before they manage to develop extreme ways of space travel. (e.g. folding space or better yet, multi-dimensional drives)
Those who have managed to live and develop that technology usually tend to be a bit paranoia about other species. Not to mention the massive blow to their overgrown egoś when they find out that they are matched by another race in technology and development.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join