It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum + Fluoride = Alzheimer’s and Dementia

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

So drinking a toxic waste made from by product from metal and fertilizer manufacturing is good for you, one that has been proven to cause Alzheimer's and Dementia?

Could you please provide a link to this information? Seems I am having a tough time finding anything that says aluminum is directly responsible for alzheimers, but I did find this....

Aluminum

One of the most publicized and controversial hypotheses about risk factors for Alzheimer's concerns aluminum, which became a suspect when researchers found traces of this metal in the brains of Alzheimer's patients. Many studies since then have either not been able to confirm this finding or have had questionable results. Aluminum does turn up in higher amounts than normal in some autopsy studies of Alzheimer's patients, but not in all, and the aluminum found in some studies may have come from substances used in the laboratory to study brain tissue. Moreover, various studies have found that groups of people exposed to high levels of aluminum do not have an increased risk. On the whole, scientists can say only that it is still uncertain whether exposure to aluminum plays a role in Alzheimer's disease.

www.alzinfo.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

So drinking a toxic waste made from by product from metal and fertilizer manufacturing is good for you, one that has been proven to cause Alzheimer's and Dementia?

Could you please provide a link to this information? Seems I am having a tough time finding anything that says aluminum is directly responsible for alzheimers, but I did find this....

Aluminum

One of the most publicized and controversial hypotheses about risk factors for Alzheimer's concerns aluminum, which became a suspect when researchers found traces of this metal in the brains of Alzheimer's patients. Many studies since then have either not been able to confirm this finding or have had questionable results. Aluminum does turn up in higher amounts than normal in some autopsy studies of Alzheimer's patients, but not in all, and the aluminum found in some studies may have come from substances used in the laboratory to study brain tissue. Moreover, various studies have found that groups of people exposed to high levels of aluminum do not have an increased risk. On the whole, scientists can say only that it is still uncertain whether exposure to aluminum plays a role in Alzheimer's disease.

www.alzinfo.org...

Look at the first post!!!
WOW

Aluminum is implicated in Alzheimer’s disease:

Certain aluminum compounds have been found to be an important component of the neurological damage characteristics of Alzheimer’s Disease (AD). Much research over the last decade has focused on the role of aluminum in the development of this disease. At this point, its role is still not clearly defined. Since AD is a chronic disease which may take a long time to develop, long-term exposure is the most important measure of intake. Long-term exposure is easiest to estimate for drinking water exposures. www.ehso.com...

“Subacute to chronic toxicity: Aluminum may be implicated in Alzheimers disease.” (Material Safety Data Sheet)

edit on 24-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Emotive drivel designed to hide the truth.

Yea hiding the truth with emotive drivel...
All the fluoride used in water fluoridation is an inorganic, artificially derived form of fluoride pollution from the phosphate fertilizer industry. yea drivel with facts

More factual drivel...
These forms of fluoride that are used in water fluoridation are all toxic waste by-products from the phosphate fertilizer, aluminum, nuclear and steel industries, and differs from naturally-occurring calcium flouride

1. I must have missed all the evidence "proving" that fluoride gives you dementia & Alzheimers sorry

I can't help you if you didn't read the first page, there a chart, there's links, stuff on Aluminum, etc..
Aluminum is implicated in Alzheimer’s disease - see FIRST POST w/ link

2/ the claim was that Nazi's used it to control prisoners, and, at least by implication, that that is the reason it is being done now - showing the initial claim is, at best, unsupported, is a perfectly reasonable thing to do to help deny ignorance.

How is your claim that Nazi's didn't use any fluoride in drinking water more factual than the claim that they did. The fact and point of the thread was the Fluoride in OUR drinking water and the effects on people.

I am unsurprised that you have decided to ignore the actual point being discussed.

What point would that be you saying the Nazi's didn't and others saying they did - yea that's productive or the REAL point in that fluoride is not healthy for consumption in drinking water.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So I guess you didn't read my post real well did you? It clearly states and if you would have went to the link I provided you will see that this comes from a research company that studies alzheimers and nothing else.

I would say they would have some of the best research when it comes to alzheimers.

Fisher Scientists Discover Protein that Fuels Alzheimer’s Disease, Promising New Treatments Expected

Our Fisher Center scientists have published a new finding that is being hailed as a potential paradigm shift in how researchers around the world will fight Alzheimer’s disease. They have discovered a protein that is centrally involved in creating beta-amyloid. An over abundance of beta-amyloid kills brain cells and creates the devastating symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease. “Alzheimer’s disease is a devastating disorder for which there are no satisfactory treatments. Our findings reveal that gamma-secretase activating protein is a potential target for a new class of anti-amyloid therapies,” says Dr. Greengard. The finding, published at 1pm, September 1, 2010, in Nature online is titled, “Gamma-secretase Activating Protein is a Therapeutic Target for Alzheimer’s Disease.” Researchers at the Fisher Center for Alzheimer’s Disease Research laboratory, Drs. Gen He (lead author) and Paul Greengard have discovered a protein that stimulates the production of beta-amyloid, and therefore represents a major new advance in Alzheimer’s disease research.

www.alzinfo.org...

Funny don't see anything about aluminum here either..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Five population studies now link Alzheimer's disease to aluminum in drinking water. As early as 1885, aluminum was shown to be toxic to the nervous tissues of animals. Aluminum can also produce a degeneration of the nervous tissues in cats and rabbits that resembles in some ways that seen in the brains of human patients with Alzheimer's disease. Patients with diseased kidneys accumulate large amounts of aluminum in their bodies from medications and from kidney-machine solutions that have been used until recently. This accumulation results in a severe mental deterioration.

Aluminum is the third most common element in the earth's crust. "Normal" dietary intake of aluminum is about 3 to 5 mg per day, of which only a very small amount is absorbed by the body's tissues. The aluminum to which we are exposed comes from many sources, and most of these are under our control. Dust, water, and even unprocessed foods contain aluminum that may be difficult to avoid. But aluminum in cosmetics, many medicines, food additives (for example, some brands of baking powders, and highly absorbable aluminum maltol used in instant chocolate mixes), cans, kitchenware, and utensils can be easily avoided. A very popular antacid, Amphojel, consists of aluminum hydroxide.

Most of this daily intake is eliminated by healthy kidneys. However, some individuals seem to absorb aluminum more readily, or are less able to eliminate it; these people, who cannot be identified before symptoms begin, are most likely to suffer from Alzheimer's disease. Certainly not every one of the multitudes of us who have been fed for a lifetime on foods cooked in aluminum pots and pans will end our days in this world as severely mentally deficient patients. Aluminum is only one strongly suspected culprit. Scientists believe that other factors, yet to be identified, are involved in the interactions that allow the body to suffer this form of degeneration.

I'm done on this thread, it's like telling someone with lung cancer to stop smoking. Drink up
FIIC

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Before you throw a hissy fit you may want to read this...

Aluminium and Alzheimer's disease

A number of environmental factors have been put forward as possible contributory causes of Alzheimer's disease in some people. Among these is aluminium. There is circumstantial evidence linking this metal with Alzheimer's disease, but no causal relationship has yet been proved. As evidence for other causes continues to grow, a possible link with aluminium seems increasingly unlikely. This factsheet looks at the circumstantial evidence and current medical and scientific views.

Funny this came from one of your linked sources...

www.ehso.com.../site/.documents_info.php?documentID=99

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Evidence linking aluminium and Alzheimer's disease

The hypothesis that there is a link between aluminium and Alzheimer's disease was first put forward in the 1960s (Terry and Pena 1965, Klatzo et al 1965). Since then, researchers have claimed a number of other circumstantial links between aluminium and Alzheimer's disease, as follows:

Aluminium has been shown to be associated both with plaques and with tangles in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease (Crapper et al 1976). However, the presence of aluminium does not mean that the aluminium was the causal factor − it is more likely to be a harmless secondary association. Some have claimed that people with Alzheimer's disease have a higher than average level of aluminium in their brains. However, other studies find no difference between the overall amount of aluminium in the brains of people with Alzheimer's and the amount in normal brains (Trapp et al 1978). Studies of other sources of aluminium, such as tea, antacid medications and antiperspirants have also failed to show a positive association with Alzheimer's disease (Flaten and Odegård 1988). People with kidney failure are unable to excrete aluminium, and yet they frequently have to be treated with compounds that contain aluminium. Aluminium accumulates in nerve cells that are particularly vulnerable in Alzheimer's disease. However, even after years of high exposure to aluminium, patients with kidney failure are no more likely to develop dementia or the hallmark pathological changes of Alzheimer's disease (Netter et al 1990).

Treatment with desferrioxamine (DFO), a drug which binds aluminium and removes it from the body, also has a major effect on iron stores in the body. Therefore the effects of DFO may have nothing to do with aluminium (Gomez et al 1998). There have been many experimental studies on animals and on isolated cells showing that aluminium has toxic effects on the nervous system, but in almost all cases the doses of aluminium used were much higher than those occurring naturally in tissues (Gitelman 1988).

www.ehso.com/ehso2.php?URL=http%3A%2F%2Falzheimers.org.uk/site/.documents_info.php?documentID=99

Again from one of your links.

Did you even read this before you decided to use this as a source?

edit on 24-1-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Sounds about right. Makes sense with the current elderly generation plagued with dementia. I believe we will have an epidemic from here on with more and more cases of dementia occurring.

Yes of course it makes perfect sense to deliberately infect the population with dementia and incur soaring healthcare costs. NOT
Might I suggest there are easier, cheaper and quicker ways if depopulation is the aim. Sigh...
Oh and btw it's not just 'old people' who are getting dementia.
edit on 24-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

My grandfather also had Alzheimers and Dementia. It was terrible to watch his mind deteriorate while his body was fit as could be. Consequently, his wife, had the opposite problem. She was tasked with taking care of him while her body was falling apart and her mind was sharp as a tack until her death years later.

But I cannot for the life of me follow your logic on blaming chemtrails. According to the self proclaimed experts here, chemtrails started in the late 90's. My grandfather was already dead then, and I seriously doubt that those diseases are something that could be picked up and manifested in a short period of time. If that was the case, there would have been a massive outbreak of zombies during that time. (not trying to make light of that horrible disease, just that he was more like a zombie than my grandfather when he was affected) He did drink plenty of beer from aluminum cans.

I think you might be looking for the wrong devil. Besides, chemtrails aren't real.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by DAZ21
Sounds about right. Makes sense with the current elderly generation plagued with dementia. I believe we will have an epidemic from here on with more and more cases of dementia occurring.

Yes of course it makes perfect sense to deliberately infect the population with dementia and incur soaring healthcare costs. NOT
Might I suggest there are easier, cheaper and quicker ways if depopulation is the aim. Sigh...
Oh and btw it's not just 'old people' who are getting dementia.
edit on 24-1-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

You seem to have stated my post and gone off at a tangent, because everything you mentioned doesn't pertain to, or have any significance to my post whatsoever.

I agree, younger people are getting dementia also, so how are they developing dementia? Not exactly natural is it?. Also I never stated it was a depopulation conspiracy, that would be the most idiotic way of wiping out the population.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Not sure where you got the chemtrail thing but wasn't talking about chemtrails being the cause the thread was about fluoride being added to the water and how it's causing Alzheimer's and dementia in people.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Not sure where you got the chemtrail thing but wasn't talking about chemtrails being the cause the thread was about fluoride being added to the water and how it's causing Alzheimer's and dementia in people.

I would guess that it came from here....

Chemtrails contain “the oxides of metals,” according to this geo-engineering patent. These substances are supposedly sprayed into our atmosphere for “beneficial” climate manipulation, or geo-engineering, and residue tests indicate excess aluminum oxide in water and soil after heavy chemtrailing. Fluoride is put in our water to “prevent tooth decay.” Both of these actions, geo-engineering and fluoridation, on the surface, appear to be beneficial, with only good intentions behind their implementation. Really!

Maybe you should read what you post before asking questions like that. You started your own thread with the mention of chemtrails....

You can't remember what you posted do you?

That should just about answer that now shouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I was curious, where in the brain does fluoride get absorbed?

According to some sources, fluoride accumulates mostly in the pineal gland.

..the pineal gland is the primary target of fluoride accumulation within the body.

The soft tissue of the adult pineal gland contains more fluoride than any other soft tissue in the body - a level of fluoride (~300 ppm) capable of inhibiting enzymes.

The pineal gland also contains hard tissue (hyroxyapatite crystals), and this hard tissue accumulates more fluoride (up to 21,000 ppm) than any other hard tissue in the body (e.g. teeth and bone).
www.fluoridealert.org...

So my next question is - what is the main difference between a healthy pineal gland and a pineal gland that is over saturated with fluoride?

one would anticipate that a high local concentration of fluoride within the pineal would affect the functions of the pineal, i.e., the synthesis of hormonal products, specifically melatonin... The controlled animal study carried out in this study produce compelling evidence that fluoride inhibits pineal melatonin output during pubertal development in the gerbil.

It appears fluoride may interfere with optimum production of melatonin in humans. The study cited was an experiment with gerbils, I didn't find any human studies (I did not spend much time looking - they may exist)

So I was curious if there is a relation between melatonin and Alzheimer's

About 45% of Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients have disruptions in their sleep and sundowning agitation. Since melatonin secretion is greatly inhibited in AD patients we have used melatonin to treat sleep disorders in AD patients since 1995.
- www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

"Sundowning" is a term that refers to the occurrence or increase of one or more abnormal behaviors in a circadian rhythm. For instance, in the evening a person with dementia may become more prone to violent or moody behavior.

This is around the same time melatonin (among other hormones) *should* be produced/released by the pineal.

In conclusion fluoride is definitely maybe a contributing causal factor to neurodegeneration.

As for the aluminum link,

I was thinking that maybe aluminum accumulation is not a cause of Alzheimer's, but a symptom.

So if a person is deficient in melatonin, what would that do to aluminum levels? I found a study that shows the binding capabilites of melatonin and other pineal secretions to aluminum and other metals.

The results show that the following metal complexes were formed: aluminium with melatonin, tryptophan, and serotonin; ... These studies suggest a further role for melatonin in the reduction of free radical generation and metal detoxification, and they may explain the accumulation of aluminium in Alzheimer's disease.
The interaction of melatonin and its precursors with aluminium, cadmium, copper, iron, lead, and zinc: an adsorptive voltammetric study. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

It looks as though an impaired pineal gland will allow the body to accumulate certain metals - including aluminum!

I'm taking a break from this thread, but I would appreciate if someone could answer this..
In what brain tissues does aluminum most readily accumulate?
edit on 27-1-2012 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join