It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Stealthy, Worm-Shaped, Spying Airship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Argus 1
defensetech.org...-16121

>>Argus One is an unmanned autonomous airship with automated control for individual body modules for improved flight stability and aerodynamic control. The design features the ability to control the rigidity between each module and the ability to pivot. The modules are operated by microcontrollers based on aerodynamic requirements. The airship’s altitude, overall response and handling characteristics and flight control utilizes a system of ballonets contained within each individual module, thereby creating a dynamically adjustable airship. The design of the Argus One differs significantly from many of the LTA rigid platforms that have been in operation for over a century.

Read more: defensetech.org...
Defense.org

Wonder what the price tag is?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

Wow....that wouldn't be obvious at all to an enemy!
Might confuse them enough to give them time to make a safe get away!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Haha it sounded so cool. Until I saw the picture. I'm sure it'll do the job though.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
O.k...wait..this is just a big balloon and they want to use it as surveillance, I'd understand maybe if it reached heights of 100,000ft+.....But it doesnt, it goes 10,000 to 20,000 and its a balloon. . . A big, massive balloon - Its got SHOOT ME written on all over it, few bullets from an AK and this piece of shizen is blowin back down to the ground..unless im missing something, this is a bag of w**k

edit on 23-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

Looks like a flying sperm

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
O.k...wait..this is just a big balloon and they want to use it as surveillance, I'd understand maybe if it reached heights of 100,000ft+.....But it doesnt, it goes 10,000 to 20,000 and its a balloon. . . A big, massive balloon - Its got SHOOT ME written on all over it, few bullets from an AK and this piece of shizen is blowin back down to the ground..unless im missing something, this is a bag of w**k

Once the cloaking devise is enabled this will be undetectable. Then the only way we will know it is there will by by it's shadow.....hmmm how will they cloak that?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Have fun trying to shoot something flying at 20k feet down with an AK. Also I cannot think of the word you tried to censor there. 'W**k'. Does it rhyme with crank?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
thease will be used when fema camps get operational.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Wow....that wouldn't be obvious at all to an enemy!
Might confuse them enough to give them time to make a safe get away!

"Sir...there appears to be a giant sperm trailing us....what should we do?" ...."Er...there's a what?".... "A giant flying sperm sir.....I think it's watching us" ...."Soldier I think you've been on duty for too long...In fact I think you might need a transfer!" ....."But sir, The sperm!....It's following us"......"Soldier! You're Dismissed!....Please place someone who's NOT crazy in command, and report to the nearest psychiatric facility!" ....... " *sigh*.....Yes sir"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

"A giant flying sperm sir.....I think it's watching us"

'We need spermicide, STAT!'

I don't know why but 'I think it's watching us' had me laughing pretty hard.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

yup, lol.

O.k maybe not an AK - but it isnt really "stealthy" is it, a super massive flying sperm - you'd think your tripping seeing that, maybe thats what effect they want, a psychedelic effect.

Not really the best of craft, if a "terorist" **COUGH** enemy of invading country **COUGH** seen this on the ground, he wouldnt need to bow his self up, he'd just think "o.k this is easy" pick up a stone, throw it and run - mission accomplished.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

"Sir...there appears to be a giant sperm trailing us....what should we do?" ...."Er...there's a what?".... "A giant flying sperm sir.....I think it's watching us" ...."Soldier I think you've been on duty for too long...In fact I think you might need a transfer!" ....."But sir, The sperm!....It's following us"......"Soldier! You're Dismissed!....Please place someone who's NOT crazy in command, and report to the nearest psychiatric facility!" ....... " *sigh*.....Yes sir"

Oh geez, that was great.

I nearly choked on my coffee reading that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That's the best flying sperm I've ever seen , intact the only flying sperm I've ever seen OMG it's heading straight for that flying arse !!!!!!!

lolz

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
THAT came from some giant balls! Lol

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
easy to get rid of it.... just deploy a giant egg-cell... then the giant-sperm would try to fertilize it, and forget all about it's spying mission

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Los Angeles Sunday, March 11, 2007 11:00AM

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by n00bUK

Once the cloaking devise is enabled this will be undetectable. Then the only way we will know it is there will by by it's shadow.....hmmm how will they cloak that?

Hmm i don't know..

..Maybe make it out of transparent materials.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in connecting some dots...

"Lockheed Martin High Altitude Airship"
"Dark Sky Station"
"JP Aerospace Ascender"

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
All that... just to carry 30 pounds of equipment.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Oh really, all that for us all to click on, hmmmmmmmmmm. JUNK.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
But the real question here is, will it blend?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join