It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the bible, the biggest scam of all?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
In the year 2012, it's becoming obvious to many people that what the bible says is pretty much not true at all. But, what if the bible in it's entirety, was a lie?

We now know, that the idea of one God, comes from Sumeria. We also know, that Moses has several different facets of interrest. One of the most interresting things, that I noticed, is the fact that when Moses returns to Egypt, he tells the people to paint their doors red with lamb blood, to tell the angel of death to pass their doors. Such an enormous event, would certainly have put a never-ending tradition among that people, always to paint red on their doorway. It would not vanish in time, as it has ... but if you look for red on your doorway, that is something the people of China have a tradition of doing. And their tale of Nian, is fascinatingly similar to the story of the Angel of Death.

And when you look at the ideas of "Walls of Jerusalem", you will see that Babylon had walls around it, and that the only other nation that built walls to keep off the "barbarians", is China.

And when we hear of Buddha, I really start to wonder the authenticity of Jesus.

When I read the bible, about the jews ... and I look at the current people who call themselves Jews. I see no way, that anyone would have referred to them as different people. There is no way, to tell one from the other ... they are the same. I therefore doubt that it is, as it is written. Either the ancient Egyptians were a different people, or the Jews were a different people.

I wonder where that roads leads to, and I often wonder if the road doesn't lead to the far east, rather than the middle east. In fact, as I get older ... I get more certain of it. That the bible is written to cover the truth, rather than to keep it.

edit on 23/1/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
In the year 2012, it's becoming obvious to many people that what the bible says is pretty much not true at all. But, what if the bible in it's entirety, was a lie?

We now know, that the idea of one God, comes from Sumeria. We also know, that Moses has several different facets of interrest. One of the most interresting things, that I noticed, is the fact that when Moses returns to Egypt, he tells the people to paint their doors red with lamb blood, to tell the angel of death to pass their doors. Such an enormous event, would certainly have put a never-ending tradition among that people, always to paint red on their doorway. It would not vanish in time, as it has ... but if you look for red on your doorway, that is something the people of China have a tradition of doing. And their tale of Nian, is fascinatingly similar to the story of the Angel of Death.

And when you look at the ideas of "Walls of Jerusalem", you will see that Babylon had walls around it, and that the only other nation that built walls to keep off the "barbarians", is China.

And when we hear of Buddha, I really start to wonder the authenticity of Jesus.

When I read the bible, about the jews ... and I look at the current people who call themselves Jews. I see no way, that anyone would have referred to them as different people. There is no way, to tell one from the other ... they are the same. I therefore doubt that it is, as it is written. Either the ancient Egyptians were a different people, or the Jews were a different people.

I wonder where that roads leads to, and I often wonder if the road doesn't lead to the far east, rather than the middle east. In fact, as I get older ... I get more certain of it. That the bible is written to cover the truth, rather than to keep it.

edit on 23/1/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

And thus the great waking of people's minds begins.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

We can also chuck in Islam, Scientology, Judaism and every other religion that was created to control the masses.

So many gods, so many stories - more than likely, all bullsht.

If there is a god, hes evil, simple. No point beating around the bush with all this "god wont help he gives you directions" b/s..its simple, if God exist the guy is 1 twisted individual

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The bible is a fairly big scam because it keeps so many people brainwashed and closed minded just like with the Quran. But its not all total bull # some of it is representative of things that might have happened.

Some parts might actually be fairly factual but you have to look into the older Hebrew material and Sumerian and Babylonian and Egyptian mythology and make the connections leading to the bits you think might have happened in the past on the earth and the stuff that sounds like its bull!
edit on 23-1-2012 by RandalFlagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Nah. The bible is just one of the tools of propaganda.

[color=FFFB7A]The whole idea of organized religion, is the biggest scam.

It is served in many different flavors, and is not limited to the christian bible.

Regardless of whether or not you(or me) agree with ↑that, there is one thing that cannot be denied: It was/is a brilliant plan, which still continues to thrive immensely.

[color=B3FFAD]The plan is built upon the principles of love & kindness. Trick you into believing that there is an invisible entity up in the sky, whom loves you, but will torture you for eternity if you don't love him back.

...and people still believe it.
An absolutely brilliant plan of deception, in order to gain power and control.

edit on 1/23/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
At one point the bible may have been reasonable, but then along came this thing called the church.

The bible was translated/re-written/edited....

All for the reason of wealth and political power.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I agree.
I have always thought that preachers were the ones who went to college for Marketing, and graduated at the top of their class.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
....the biggest masc(k)-scam to cover the truth !

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
yeah to me the bible is 1 whole story of fantasy,to me theres no god,its like in any town,something happens at top of the town and by time it reaches bottom it has been blown into something complete opposite of the truth.this is all the bible is made up of.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Check this series of vids out. It's a lot to watch, but I thought it was worth one sit through. His opinion is that the bible is one of the most mistranslated, misunderstood set of documents we have today. Intentionally so? Maybe. He also quotes some respected Jews who say things aren't quite what they seem to be in regards to the bible.

edit on 1/23/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Bible is the biggest scam?

Perhaps...

Here is how it is playing out.

Prophets are the word of God. They give his warnings. The people disagree with what the prophet says. They kill the prophet and what the prophet says comes to pass.

Jesus comes along and simplified what was being said by the law and the prophets. Love one another. We are all one with the father.

He also was a prophet. He warned what would happen after his death.

Everything has gone as he fortold since.

Interestingly, you were never meant to be able to read the bible yourself.

That is what Priests are for.

Getting you educated enough to read it for yourself, and getting it translated into a common tongue available to all has been a struggle since the founding of the church.

The church would have you ignorant of all knowledge, for knowledge IS power.

Know thyself.

Read the Bible for it is not a tool to enslave you. It is the word that will set you free.

No man rules another. We are all gifted with free will.

Jesus taught how to use that free will in agreement with the universal will of the father, the creator.

It is power freely given to man.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK

We can also chuck in Islam, Scientology, Judaism and every other religion that was created to control the masses.

So many gods, so many stories - more than likely, all bullsht.

If there is a god, hes evil, simple. No point beating around the bush with all this "god wont help he gives you directions" b/s..its simple, if God exist the guy is 1 twisted individual

You can have you opinion if you want to but he/she/it is kinda nice to me. Except sending me to this place. Life can be really bad when you get disconnected and can't see the synchronicity. It esier when you are allowed to see the grander picture and feel "the Calm". Namaste

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Nah. The bible is just one of the tools of propaganda.

[color=FFFB7A]The whole idea of organized religion, is the biggest scam.

It is served in many different flavors, and is not limited to the christian bible.

Regardless of whether or not you(or me) agree with ↑that, there is one thing that cannot be denied: It was/is a brilliant plan, which still continues to thrive immensely.

[color=B3FFAD]The plan is built upon the principles of love & kindness. Trick you into believing that there is an invisible entity up in the sky, whom loves you, but will torture you for eternity if you don't love him back.

...and people still believe it.
An absolutely brilliant plan of deception, in order to gain power and control.

edit on 1/23/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

As if you need to love god to advance. You are sent where you fit in (most of the times). Where the people are at your level. You will not like and egoless state if you have a big ego and will probably destroy the place. I will go where I fit in. not higher or lower. All souls have the same value but haven't reached as far in the evolution. So what it is not a race and we have all the time in the universe to evolve. Namaste

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RandalFlagg

Yep, I agree, it's got just enough Truth to keep you interested, and just enough lies to keep you brainwashed. The Church wants your Energy, and your Money, and they do not want you to know too much. Personal experience speaking here.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandalFlagg

The bible is a fairly big scam because it keeps so many people brainwashed and closed minded just like with the Quran. But its not all total bull # some of it is representative of things that might have happened.

Well, I take the Chinese version of their new year, with Nian the ghost, not being able to harm people because of the red lineage on the doorways. And then the bible story of Moses, and the painted red on the doorways. I take away all the angel stuff, all the magic stuff, and all the God stuff. I'm left with Red lineage on a doorway, and I'm left with the Chinese having this tradition. I read the bible story, about walls surrounding Jerusalem, and that it will guard it for a thousand years. This being merely a myth, with Babylon an unknown, and the Chinese wall protecting them for a thousand years also being a still standing fact ... the mystical god stuff, and magic all removed, what are we left with ...

Now I wonder, what conclusions can I start to draw from this ... and even if I do not draw any conclusions, I certainly start to have doubts.

edit on 24/1/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
There is no doubt that the Bible has been misused by corrupt people, but the Bible itself is not a scam.

The historicity of that Book is not in doubt, and if you care to deny it, you must contend with:

The witness of archaeology - the Old Testament is now "on the map" of history.

The witness of fulfilled prophecy - they come true in exquisite detail.

The witness of the heptatic coding of the text - it is a unified document from one end to the other, virtually without error. The coding proves the Bible to be true with mathematical certainty. BTW, the Bible is the best-preserved, most accurately transmitted book which has come down to us from antiquity.

The witness of secular ancient writers who dovetail with the Bible, so unlike "writers" today.

The witness of the positive impact of REAL Christianity on the world - little appreciated, but imagine a world in which Jesus had never been born [read What If Jesus Had Never Been Born? by D. James Kennedy].

The witness of secular history, which enables us to trace the people of the Book, so that we know who and where they are now. Hint: it is not the Jews.

The witness of the decline of the western world, coincident with the rise of unbelievers such as I see here on ATS,

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The bible has been translated from other languages, and much is lost in translation. Not to mention the fact that it would have been easy to alter the bible or subtley change wording which can change the meaning completley.

For a different view of the gospels, read mystic christianity
An esoteric view

www.consciouslivingfoundation.org...

edit on 25-1-2012 by MoeSantana because: clarifying

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoeSantana
The bible has been translated from other languages, and much is lost in translation. Not to mention the fact that it would have been easy to alter the bible or subtley change wording which can change the meaning completley.

For a different view of the gospels, read mystic christianity

www.consciouslivingfoundation.org...

The undeniable and mathematically certain heptadic coding of the Bible says you are wrong.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That undeniable code is based on the english version of the bible. The Greek language I would imagine that the bible was originally written in would take fewer or more words to express the equivelent thought in english, just like Sanskrit has words that there are no equivelents to in the English language. So I think the english version would have more or less words than the Greek version. Not to mention parts that were omitted or added.

Correct me if im wrong about your code.

Of course there is also the idea that numbers of words dont prove the authenticity at all, especially since if I remember correctly from my religion classes (catholic school) there are passages that contradict each other in the bible.

I would not call the bible a scam though as long as you use reason and dont blindly beleive everything written in the bible or take it all literally. (of course some things may have been intended to have been taken literally)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MoeSantana

No, the heptadic structures/codes are in the Hebrew and Greek, not English. There is information (not enough, for sure), on Ivan Panin on the www - he discovered the codes and left behind thousands of pages of his research. For the rest, it seems everyone has a theory, and the ability to gather factoids to support it. Part of that phenomon is the need for endless PhD theses. The rest can be put down to simple unbelief.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join