It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Imposes Sanctions On Iranian State-Owned Bank Tejarat And Affiliate Bank, Trade Capital Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I just saw this on the news feed and thought I'd post it. What do suppose will happen next?

US Imposes Sanctions On Iranian State-Owned Bank Tejarat And Affiliate Bank, Trade Capital Bank
www.breakingnews.com...

I can't verify the above breakingnews.com post, but CNN reports this:

New European Union Sanctions Target Iran Nuclear Program
From Richard Allen Greene, CNN
updated 1:13 PM EST, Mon January 23, 2012

(CNN) -- The European Union is dialing up the pressure on Iran, saying Monday it will cut off oil imports and freeze assets in an effort to starve the country's nuclear program of funding.

The sanctions freeze the assets of Iran's central bank in European Union nations and ban the importation of Iranian oil to those countries.
www.cnn.com...

edit on 1/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: unverified breakingnews.com blurb

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Now I have a link:

U.S. Slaps Sanctions On Iranian State-Owned Bank
af.reuters.com...

WASHINGTON Jan 23 (Reuters) - The Obama administration on Monday imposed sanctions on Iran's third largest bank, making it harder for Tehran to access the world's financial system.

Iran's Bank Tejarat, and an affiliate Trade Capital Bank, were blacklisted for providing financial services to other entities already sanctioned for their involvement with the country's nuclear weapons program, the U.S. said.

(Reporting By Rachelle Younglai;Editing by Jackie Frank)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Now we cant have the Muslims trading in gold and have money lent on zero percent interest. We wont be able to enslave them, oh what will we do...

ntities already sanctioned for their involvement with the country's nuclear weapons program, the U.S. said.

Another false statement.
edit on 23-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I just saw this on the news feed and thought I'd post it. What do suppose will happen next?

www.breakingnews.com...

I can't verify the above breakingnews.com post, but CNN reports this:

New European Union Sanctions Target Iran Nuclear Program
From Richard Allen Greene, CNN
updated 1:13 PM EST, Mon January 23, 2012

(CNN) -- The European Union is dialing up the pressure on Iran, saying Monday it will cut off oil imports and freeze assets in an effort to starve the country's nuclear program of funding.

The sanctions freeze the assets of Iran's central bank in European Union nations and ban the importation of Iranian oil to those countries.
www.cnn.com...

edit on 1/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: unverified breakingnews.com blurb

Aren't these all acts of war?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You can only prod the dog for so long.

This seems to me like international bullying, of the worst kind.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slavich

Maybe...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84888805a4c7.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Economic sanctions are not normally seen as acts of war.

The thing we need to remember here, are that blockades ARE usually regarded as acts of war.

Iran has threatened to block the Strait of Hormuz if things progress against them.

So the US uses tactics that in turn force Iran to act in a way that would see THEM as being the "instigators" of war.
Either that, or back off, and fall in line... which I do not believe Iran will be doing anytime soon.

I any case, it's a pretty greasy move by all those involved. They want war, but are making moves to put blame and focus on their target.

Cowards.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
LMAO!!! Yeah like Iran wants to take the bait.

Plus these scanctions have deliberately AVOIDED Irans central bank.

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Maybe...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84888805a4c7.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Iran isnt going to do anything. Their leaders all have diarrhea of the mouth and need a serious delivery of Immodium!

Iran...SO big and bad after their threats. I hear ya US aircraft carrier just sailed right back up in your @sses and you didnt do anything after saying you would. I hear ya EU just passed oil embargo and Iran said Hormuz would be shut but hasnt.

SPARE me all the "well Iran will do it when they see fit" BS talk. NO THEY WONT. THEY WONT DO ANYTHING-WATCH!!!! IM ALWAYS RIGHT AND AM THIS TIME AS WELL.

top topics

join