It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bet Your Bottom Dollar, That TomorrowOHHHHH.......I'll Work Out......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
But tonight I'll be at the Buffet!"

If you didn't understand I was just singing the jingle from one of those commercials, using real people (instead of Victoria Secret Models) as actors doing there thing like singing (this jingle), taking the elevator (instead of stairs), and one is even lounging on the sofa! The reason; To promote exercise.

Oh but there are so many others. Another that sticks out in my mind lately is of Jennifer Hudson. She is singing but it is her a few years ago and then the todays Jennifer comes out much skinner and joins in. The song consists the phrase,"I believe in miracles and I believe in me." The reason; To promote Weight Watchers

Now I must mention the many shows like, "The Biggest Loser," and A reality show I watched the other night (forgot the name) but people that were like 600lbs, got to have their stomachs stapled for free so that they could lose the weight. (or die is what they keep saying)

My point of this thread is this, Is Americans so obese that we are litterally getting this stuff shoved down our throats? At the local bookstores you can go to the diet section and find every kind of diet imaginable, all saying they work. Diet Supplement commercals are another biggie, and they all make you believe its a magic pill that really works.

I am about 15 pouncs over what I should be according to that health chart they show you by heighth at the doctors. But let me just say I am happy and do try and eat healthy. I don't understand why almost all people think skinny is pretty. The old saying "Beauty comes from within" has recently been added too. The addition is that only ugly people say that.

I think its sad, and these commercials drive me Nuts! I believe these and the shows are what drive people to have eatting disorders like Anorexia, and Buliemia. (hoped I spelled those correctly) Shouldn't we all just strive to be happy just the way we are?
edit on 23-1-2012 by Ops4Ops because: title

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
No,

We should strive to be clear headed and strong and smart and prepared. The problem is that all of these companies try and appeal to the side of us that wants sugar and bad food. The advertising of unhealthy food should be as illegal as cigarette adds.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quauhtli

No,

We should strive to be clear headed and strong and smart and prepared. The problem is that all of these companies try and appeal to the side of us that wants sugar and bad food. The advertising of unhealthy food should be as illegal as cigarette adds.

I lol'd.

Nothing should be banned from advertising if it is legal to buy. Just because some people eat too much of it and blame the fast food restaurant doesn't mean they should stop advertising, it means the fatties and the unhealthy people should sort themselves out.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShedAlert

Do you believe that tobacco and alcohol companies should be able to advertise all over TV and everything else? Where do you draw the line. Do you ever see vegetables or meet advertised, not very often, because they do not need to advertise it to you. In my opinion, if they are advertising food out there, then it is probably every bit as bad for you as a drink or smoke, and probably just as addictive.

How much time have you invested of your life focusing on commercials. Bet you would probably like to have some of that time back, I know I would. I would love to see some of these commercials for the unhealthy, unneeded, edible food like substances go away forever.

I am sorry that you find tis funny, I find it a little sad that we are preyed on like this, and I feel for the victims. Like the OP said, shouldn't we just be able to be happy just the way we are?

Oh, and let me ask you one more question. How would it make you feel to learn that the very same companies that are creating this frankenfood owned the companies that are creating the diet plans? Would you still be telling the fatties to sort themselves out then? Seems that maybe they are being sorted out as we speak.

Sorry if I'm a little short, this gets me going. Half of the advertisements out there are geared towards young people who do not know any better, and it pisses me off.

Don't be a victim

edit on 23-1-2012 by Quauhtli because: add

new topics

top topics

join