It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We all must vote in 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It is important that everybody gets to the polls and exercises their power to vote. It is the only way we can get some change. I don't care who you want to vote for as long as you vote. Please encourage all your friends, family, and colleagues to exercise the right to vote, and lets make this a record year. It is time that all Americans exercise the power that is given to us by our constitution.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yes. It is very important to vote for 1 of 2 choices, which by no means has been influenced economically or by any other means.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by govspy911

Yea go vote so they can start organizing the vote to go where they want it to go....yea go vote because your popular vote (peoples vote) doesn't matter in a electoral college system....you have to change the system not the President.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The system is broken beyond repair, too much big business poison flowing through it now for voting to even come close to fixing it. Even if an intelligent and caring leader gets into office he/she is soon overrun by this corruption.

As one of my favorite Tool songs go "Only way to fix it is to flush it all away"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

It is important that everybody gets to the polls and exercises their power to vote.

Do you know what year it is? Our "votes" haven't counted since the 1800s, if they even did back then.

Proof - George Dubya Bush was elected TWICE!!

Nuff said.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You would have a better chance of getting change if nobody in a country voted.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
lmfao.... by far best joke Ive heard this year...

voting wont do a damn thing other than give fools and idiots the illusion they have freedom... the game is rigged boys and girls ... voting doesnt mean a damn thing and damn sure doesnt change anything... you just give the corrupt bastards license to keep screwing you and the world ...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Forgot to put George Carlin's wisdom about voting in here...

Feel free to debunk this man's points of view, I'll wait.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Excellent comments so far, I love Carlin, this was a great clip. I plant a seed and out grows the tree. I agree with you all. Even if Ron Paul was to get elected, how long before tptb corrupt him? We will probably never know. But here is the question: What can we do to get our country back if our votes don't count for anything? What is our course of action if electing a new president wont fix the problem, which I agree, it wont. Do we need a revolution, and if we had one, who would lead it, and who would lead the country after that revolution was over? We have a huge mess on our hands, and maybe once the whole financial collapse occurs we can rebuild from the ground up, and begin a more simple life. I dont know, but I do fear what kind of future my children will have.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You are spot on there friend. There was no way in hell Dubya got re-elected, of that I have no doubt. If Obama gets to serve a second term that would definatly solidify the belief that our votes don't really count for much. Four more years of Obama, with him no longer having to worry about re-election, would be a nightmare. He would take the gloves off and we would see what kind of real damage he can do.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
No, I am not voting this time. The "elections" are a fraud in the United States. TPTB have already decided who the next PR Puppet will be.

We are being led to WWIII.

The biggest thing I demanded from my husband 38 years ago when he proposed to me was honesty. I married him for three reasons:

Honesty
Morals that reflected mine (kindness #1)
Intelligent

We here in America (I cannot speak for any other country), have been lied to multiple times. We the common people are made to bail out the rich while our jobs are handed over to foreigners so that companies (that rule our country) can make a profit.

Gerald Celeste knows the score.

Vote?

No, I refuse to let the big shots think I'm stupid enough to believe I am no more than a slave and choice is a reality.

My prediction: If not one of us voted, I would still bet, there would be a news coverage of "the race".

If we don't all wake up, unite and rebel we are headed for mass destruction.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by govspy911
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You are spot on there friend. There was no way in hell Dubya got re-elected, of that I have no doubt. If Obama gets to serve a second term that would definatly solidify the belief that our votes don't really count for much. Four more years of Obama, with him no longer having to worry about re-election, would be a nightmare. He would take the gloves off and we would see what kind of real damage he can do.

Bush ran for re-election against John Kerry. Not much of a stretch there.

Bush was a leader, Obama is not. Obama is more like Jimmy Carter, so he is in huge trouble.

top topics

join