It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by lampsalot
My problem with the pro-abortion people is they use semantics and guilt tripping to justify their position, rather than real solid arguments.

It is not pro-abortion.

It is pro Right of Choice.

I don't use the terms pro-life and pro-choice because they are engineered to demonize the other side. I say pro-abortion and anti-abortion because it's simply stating what your position is without any euphemism. I know pro-abortion people don't LIKE abortion.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I don't use the terms pro-life and pro-choice because they are engineered to demonize the other side. I say pro-abortion and anti-abortion because it's simply stating what your position is without any euphemism. I know pro-abortion people don't LIKE abortion.

And your opinion is more valid, Why?

Feeling a little self important today?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Raelsatu

It is very sad to me. That life means so little.

Hmmm - - a biological reproduction - - - that can be passed off to anyone.

Yeah - - that makes my day.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Thank you. I think I am real too; for the most part. Lifes experiences have wiped the "I'm too cool for school" off my face. For people that DO want to bring religion into the debate, you have to remember " whomever hates his brother is a murderer at heart", in the Bible. I think I would be safe in saying that nearly everyone at some time or another during their life has had hate in their heart. And not to change the subject or detract from the topic but something that bothers me is when christians single out gays for immorality yet I see the same ones having sex outside of marriage and they don't see that they are being hypocritical. It seems to be epidemic, making judgments with ones eyes closed. I get why people can be turned off by christians. I try to do what Jesus would do, not what most of the members of the congregation would do. Whenever I have had a feeling of self righteousnous, if I take a moment and look at my own heart and mind I am immediately humbled and shamed by my attitude.

This is a topic though that will never be agreed upon, so the best we can do is be respectful of the other persons views and their experiences that brought them to those views.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

My problem with the pro-abortion people is they use semantics and guilt tripping to justify their position, rather than real solid arguments.

It is not pro-abortion.

It is pro Right of Choice.

As said - - with 20 years of forum discussions - - - many understand Right of Choice - - even if they are anti-abortion.

They are not the same thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

And your opinion is more valid, Why?

Feeling a little self important today?

I meant that i find the terminology 'pro-life' and 'pro-choice' offensive and meant to smear BOTH sides of the debate.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Really? Obama said, "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"???

ya it doesn't make sense. since abortions are legal some daughters and sons don't even get a chance to be born, let alone fulfill their dreams.

you have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. so i have no idea how abortion can constitutionally be legal.

most people in america have been brainwashed by 40 years of t.v. and propaganda. they're just followers, not thinkers.

it's easier to fall in line, than stand alone.

edit on 23-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I meant that i find the terminology 'pro-life' and 'pro-choice' offensive and meant to smear BOTH sides of the debate.

Fair enough.

As I said to another poster a short time ago, its about personal choices, that includes Terminology .

Im fine with pro choice , pro life.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
reply to post by AzureSky

nope there is a lack of resources such as "water" and "food" to name 2. There are also a lack of jobs etc in the west but you know this. Overpopulation is not just a threat to humans but to all life on earth, check the endangered species list sometime. Burning down the amazon to allow cows to graze so you can have a big mac, mean people eating cats in the usa? Our social system is now unable to support the current population. The seas are over fished etc etc.

Abortion and sterilisation are valid tools which could improve the quality of life for all humans. I find it utterly abhorent when catholics in particular allow the spread of aids etc in africa because of their warped beliefs. Also how is an ethiopian having 7 children helping pervent starvation? The missionaries have a lot to answer for in Africa.

We need to think about tomorrow not just our selfish selves today as if we cant a powerful ruling elite will take action themselves feeling they have the justification. We need a global agreement to reduce population soon or else were #ed. They will wipe us all out as soon as they can do so without consequence to themselves, fact. They have been hinting at it for something like 40 years.

Do you support killing people who are already born to? I'm just asking btw.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miss Sile
This is a topic though that will never be agreed upon, so the best we can do is be respectful of the other persons views and their experiences that brought them to those views.

I was of Christian belief most of my life. So I do fully understand that perspective.

No matter what one believes - - - they can not expect that belief of others. But they can support Individual Right of Choice.

Judgement is not theirs.

Gays? Well that - - I'm not going to address in this thread.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Nice to see you pro choice to live.

If I come down with life threatening Cancer , and need 1 million dollars , but can't afford it.

You going to help me pay , my friend, buddy, heck I'm alive and choose to live longer .

Can I count on you chum?

EDIT

Cmon pro choice buddy, the doctor's on the phone, don't leave me hanging, I asked the doctor and he

said "catch phrases" aren't currency, I choose to live, and you said.............
edit on 23-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

Sure. Where do you want the check sent?

But that's off-topic. You want the freedom to kill unborn babies, POTUS agrees with the killing of unborn babies, many here agree with the freedom to kill unborn babies.

I just think killing unborn babies to be wrong.

Until that repellant law is rescinded, you and your ilk will have all the freedoms they want to kill unborn babies.

Another irony perhaps. . . . .

Since when did law surpass moral behaviour?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If I come down with life threatening Cancer , and need 1 million dollars , but can't afford it.

You going to help me pay , my friend, buddy, heck I'm alive and choose to live longer .

Can I count on you chum?

EDIT

Cmon pro choice buddy, the doctor's on the phone, don't leave me hanging, I asked the doctor and he

said "catch phrases" aren't currency, I choose to live, and you said.............

But that's off-topic.

Woa Woa

Very on topic, very. So your pro life for younger babies , and not pro life for older people.
Curious position, some would say hypocritical, mot me mine you. I said its par for the course with self righteous people.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Can I count on you chum?

EDIT

But that's off-topic.

Woa Woa

Very on topic, very. So your pro life for younger babies , and not pro life for older people.
Curious position, some would say hypocritical, mot me mine you. I said its par for the course with self righteous people.
So you're okay with killing unborn babies AND adults?

Um, okay.

Not sure if I want to go there.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Um, okay.

Wow beez, thats your best answer , I expected a lively debate, you might as well say I beat you.

Little disappointed , we were having a good discussion, and I Check Mated you.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TOMFROMOZ
Yeah nice one Mr President. So does contraception!!!

Good point. Contraception and abortion should be available to women when needed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
My point of view on this. As some said of Rick Santorum, when tmale politicians grow a pair of ovaries, they have the right to tell women what to do with their bodies.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

God doesnt value unborn babies why should you?

Hes been slaughtering them for ages. Maybe you should open up the good book and think about what happened to pregnant females of an "unclean" tribe.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
'Killing unborn babies' misses a fundamental point about the process of pregnancy. Nature is profligate. It doesn't need all pregnancies to run to term. There are many more eggs in a woman's ovaries than will ever become a foetus. A woman's menstrual cycle is the body shedding/wasting its monthly preparation for a pregnancy. Men expel more sperm than will ever be used, and even when that's into a woman, only one sperm out of millions gets through to an egg. Babies are effectively getting killed all the time, by miscarriages, which may be nature's way of thinning out the applicants for life. Should we prosecute women who miscarry for 'involuntary homicide'?

When it comes down to it, it's nobody's business except the person who's pregnant.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Um, okay.

Wow beez, thats your best answer , I expected a lively debate, you might as well say I beat you.

Little disappointed , we were having a good discussion, and I Check Mated you.

Yeah. You did. You want to kill unborn babies and adults, well, I can't really debate that.

It paints a very telling portrait of you, however.

Enjoy your "win".

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
'Killing unborn babies' misses a fundamental point about the process of pregnancy. Nature is profligate. It doesn't need all pregnancies to run to term. There are many more eggs in a woman's ovaries than will ever become a foetus. A woman's menstrual cycle is the body shedding/wasting its monthly preparation for a pregnancy. Men expel more sperm than will ever be used, and even when that's into a woman, only one sperm out of millions gets through to an egg. Babies are effectively getting killed all the time, by miscarriages, which may be nature's way of thinning out the applicants for life. Should we prosecute women who miscarry for 'involuntary homicide'?

When it comes down to it, it's nobody's business except the person who's pregnant.

Fail.

Killing unborn babies is a deliberate, voluntary act.
Natural "abortion" in an involuntary act.
If nature decides then you're arguing that murder should happen on all levels because if nature does it, so can man.

Apples and oranges.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join