It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Annee

Did you even read the rest of my post? Is a baby a different species from it's mother?

If you live off a host - you are a parasite.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I do believe that ignorance breeds ignorance. But who are we to say that an unwanted child would not DENY ignorance and pave a new path in their life. What future scientist or president or genius has been aborted simply because the mother wasn't ready, or it just wasn't a good time to have a baby. Many children have risen out of poverty, out of abuse and horrid situations to lead productive lives. Aborted children do not get the chance. Isn't that what everyone wants in life? Just a chance.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm going to take that as a "no" And that's fine. You only validate my point about choices. Sometimes choices people make are wrong. Even if they don't see it as so. Moral fiber is an important trait to have as a society. Our society is thread bare.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I'll be point blank about abortion: I would rather these kids be aborted while they have no memories, no nerves, no real consciousness.

If these women cannot take care of their child or don't want that child, then death is a better option. Better give them that mercy than have them grow up abused and neglected. Better for them and for society because the reality is that most of these kids are going to grow up to be criminals and broken creatures that, like their mothers before them, will only tax our system and be trapped in that life.

I vehemently disagree with the concept that a chance at life is always the better option. Life is hard enough, and these kids are going to start with two strikes already against them.

i understand your point and i've even considered the same train of logic, but in the end we aren't "allowed" to force our ideas on others. YOU may believe that the child has a higher chance for a bad life ahead of him or her and the kind thing to do is to end it early, BUT we can't make that choice for another. they must make it themselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My problem with the pro-abortion people is they use semantics and guilt tripping to justify their position, rather than real solid arguments.

Most of the justifications for abortion could equally apply to justify infanticide, in fact the exact same arguments were probably used. They always say 'it's a woman's body', which is fallacious because a fetus has its own DNA. They say fetuses are unconscious but how can we know this for sure? How do we even know newborns and infants are conscious? Hardly anyone can remember being that age.

I've had people tell me I'm sexist for being anti-abortion. That my motivation is that I don't see women as being equal. Actually, the reason I oppose abortion is because I'm against killing. I'm not even a religious person and I realize that it's wrong.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

Great comment, and so true. I'm also against killing, yet apparently that's only a religious thing? The arguments for abortion are usually, intellectually dishonest & full of logical disconnects. The saddest part is that nothing you say will make these people accept the fact that aborting a developed fetus is WRONG.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

i actually don't have "childhood amnesia", and the earliest memory i can place a time on was around 6-8 months. i've had dreams of being in the hospital after i was born in those medical crib things with people's faces looking at me, it felt so strange. my arms and legs didn't do what i wanted them to do. later i found out that older inaccessible memories can be relived in dreams sometimes. it was an odd experience.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

It is very sad to me. That life means so little. I really believe that what you said is true. Dehumanizing makes it easier for them. If the fetus is thought to not be a person, it's ok to kill it. I really do wonder what will be next. What law will be passed next, just because someone thinks they have a right to do it?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Miss Sile

I'm pretty much ignoring everyone else.

You are real. You understand there are variances.

I also have 3 grandchildren. I have 2 daughters. My oldest grandson is 18. He was saved by a vaginal cerclage. His single mom had to decide to keep him or abort him. She did not know she was pregnant until 5 months. She had 24 hours to decide. He arrived at 7 months - - weighing 3 pounds. Today he is an amazing child.

There have also been abortions.

My first pregnancy when I was 21 miscarried. My husband fished the fetus out of the toilet.

I've run the gamut of pregnancies - - births - - miscarriages - - miracle saves - - and abortions.

I definitely do not need some self-righteous lunatic legislating my body.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I feel silly, the best I can give you is a Star.

Comes to guns, People want choice
Comes to Medical, People want choice
Comes to religion, People want choice
Comes to a womans body, You have no choice???

Choice .

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hahahaha, anti-abortion activists are ALWAYS called self righteous. Which is pretty funny really, considering we are the only ones not thinking of ourselves....we actually take the unborn child into consideration.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
reply to post by Miss Sile

I'm pretty much ignoring everyone else.

You are real. You understand there are variances.

If you really understood the variances, you would know abortion shouldn't be a free-for-all. It can be argued that before the brain develops or pre-viability the women's choice actually makes sense. It doesn't make sense when you wait till the child is near birth and then say you're scared it won't live a full life; lets just off it prematurely....

Shame..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Women have a choice. Don't want a baby? Use birth control. Have a hysterectomy. Don't have sex.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Maybe because not EVERYTHING is pro-choice? Pro ham or turkey club? Yes. Pro choice for killing the baby this way or that? Not so much. Abortion is an act of violence. I really can't believe you're comparing the issue to these things you listed.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Annee

I feel silly, the best I can give you is a Star.

Comes to guns, People want choice
Comes to Medical, People want choice
Comes to religion, People want choice
Comes to a womans body, You have no choice???

Choice .

Choice.
Freedom.
Fetus.
Parasite.

Nice words to hide behind. But in the end, it's about the legal option to kill unborn babies.

It's legal.
You are "free" in this country to kill unborn babies.
You're choice.
You can now "choose" to kill an unborn baby if you want.
Fetus.
Nice abstract term for. . . . unborn baby.
Parasite.
Really? Well if that's the case then we all can die at a whim because somewhere in our life-cycle, we were all parasites.
Religion.
As much as many hide behind the shield of religion, others use it as well as a deflection for their desire to. . . kill unborn babies.

Why can't you just say, "I support the laws that allow people to kill unborn babies"?

It's legal.

You're free" to say it.
You're "free" to do it.

Why hide behind misleading terms unless, deep down inside, you actually don't like the idea of killing unborn babies.
edit on 23-1-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
My problem with the pro-abortion people is they use semantics and guilt tripping to justify their position, rather than real solid arguments.

It is not pro-abortion.

It is pro Right of Choice.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What you do in your house Beez , none of my business.

What I do in my house , none of your business.

Pretty simple concept.

Some one should make a country based on personal freedoms, could work.

Think it might Beez?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by beezzer

What you do in your house Beez , none of my business.

What I do in my house , none of your business.

Pretty simple concept.

Some one should make a country based on personal freedoms, could work.

Think it might Beez?

You're right. In this country, right now, it is legal to kill unborn babies. You have the freedom to do so. Kill all the unborn babies you want!
I am also free to disagree with that legal right to kill unborn babies.

Ironic, though, isn't it?

Here I am, a soldier, arguing to save the lives of unborn babies with a liberal and a grandmother who want the freedom to kill unborn babies.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Ironic, though, isn't it?

Here I am, a soldier, arguing to save the lives of unborn babies with a liberal and a grandmother who want the freedom to kill unborn babies.

Nice to see you pro choice to live.

If I come down with life threatening Cancer , and need 1 million dollars , but can't afford it.

You going to help me pay , my friend, buddy, heck I'm alive and choose to live longer .

Can I count on you chum?

EDIT

Cmon pro choice buddy, the doctor's on the phone, don't leave me hanging, I asked the doctor and he

said "catch phrases" aren't currency, I choose to live, and you said.............
edit on 23-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i actually don't have "childhood amnesia", and the earliest memory i can place a time on was around 6-8 months. i've had dreams of being in the hospital after i was born in those medical crib things with people's faces looking at me, it felt so strange. my arms and legs didn't do what i wanted them to do. later i found out that older inaccessible memories can be relived in dreams sometimes. it was an odd experience.

I think you can remember those times, but only in your sub-conscious. I don't think newborns really have the same kind of consciousness we do because if you forget it, it's like it never happened.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join