It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If someone does not have the self-control or consideration to prevent an unwanted pregnancy entirely, they probably deserve what they do to themselves and their offspring afterward. When I imagine elephants, gorillas, dogs, or any animal, sticking objects or drugs into their vaginas to destroy their offspring, I can't find the words to express my feelings.

I am pro-choice, but entirely morally opposed to abortion. If you want to make more room for my kids by killing your own, go for it, geniuses. I'll go out of my way to foster wisdom in my children so that they will be free to express themselves through self-control and maturity rather than recklessness and false liberty.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

The same types of system abuse happen here in the US as well. Children being used as a means to an end for those who choose to exploit them. These abuses are merely symptoms of a flawed system and abortion and forced sterilizations certainly are not a solution. Cut the welfare, enforce and monitor the rules etc etc etc.... Take the dangling carrot away from the stubborn mule.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

BH, you are really pissing me off!! Here! This is the Drudge report! The title on his front page is exactly as Idrudgereport.com quoted.

Obama: Abortion Enables 'Our Daughters' To 'Fulfill Their Dreams'...

Now, do you want to discuss the issue at hand or continue calling me a liar?

Pax

Pax...Let me explain a couple of things to you...First...see drudge? Even they know where to put a quotation mark even while trying to spin..

Obama: Abortion Enables 'Our Daughters' To 'Fulfill Their Dreams'...

You see how your OP is OUTRIGHT BS with the way you put the quotation marks?

Secondly...If you think that Drudge is somehow a bastion of bias free truth I don't know how to help you.

You took a multi-paragraph statement about Equal Rights for Women and deleted it and inserted the word "Abortion" and put quotes around it.

Full Statement..

In his statement on the anniversary of the Roe v. Wade ruling, Obama said it reflects the broader principles of America.

“As we mark the 39th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, we must remember that this Supreme Court decision not only protects a woman’s health and reproductive freedom, but also affirms a broader principle: that government should not intrude on private family matters,” Obama said. “I remain committed to protecting a woman’s right to choose and this fundamental constitutional right.

“While this is a sensitive and often divisive issue -- no matter what our views, we must stay united in our determination to prevent unintended pregnancies, support pregnant woman and mothers, reduce the need for abortion, encourage healthy relationships, and promote adoption,” Obama said.

“And as we remember this historic anniversary, we must also continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.”

edit on 23-1-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The exact same argument that women use to excuse murdering their children is the same thing we use to try to legalize the plant that shall not be mentioned. We fail and they win. Why do women have a right to kill their children yet no one has a right to choose what they put into their bodies? How is it different other than us druggies don't commit murder against our children? Abortion is murder and doctors and women who have/do them are murderers and should face the legal consequences or their actions. Abortion is the absolute pinnacle of selfishness.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

How can Obama make this an equal rights issue when men are physically unable to give birth to children? It's just another Obama Dog and Pony Show. I know what he means by that statement. No need to sugar coat. In his mind abortion gives women an option to stay in their careers, to advance, to avoid the added expenses and efforts involved in raising a child. Sorry, I don't buy it.

This is all I need to read
"we must also continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights, freedoms, and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.” - Obama
edit on 23-1-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

nope there is a lack of resources such as "water" and "food" to name 2. There are also a lack of jobs etc in the west but you know this. Overpopulation is not just a threat to humans but to all life on earth, check the endangered species list sometime. Burning down the amazon to allow cows to graze so you can have a big mac, mean people eating cats in the usa? Our social system is now unable to support the current population. The seas are over fished etc etc.

Abortion and sterilisation are valid tools which could improve the quality of life for all humans. I find it utterly abhorent when catholics in particular allow the spread of aids etc in africa because of their warped beliefs. Also how is an ethiopian having 7 children helping pervent starvation? The missionaries have a lot to answer for in Africa.

We need to think about tomorrow not just our selfish selves today as if we cant a powerful ruling elite will take action themselves feeling they have the justification. We need a global agreement to reduce population soon or else were #ed. They will wipe us all out as soon as they can do so without consequence to themselves, fact. They have been hinting at it for something like 40 years.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by HIWATT
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You're correct of course.
In this case however, the misquote accurately reflects what was originally stated by him. Just a bit less wordy.

What????

Less wordy????? You removed entire paragraphs, inserted the word "Abortion", and put quotes around it.

WTF????

Here: (props to earlier post)

www.drudgereport.com...

Obama: Abortion Enables 'Our Daughters' To 'Fulfill Their Dreams'

Changing where certain punctuation is in this particular quote doesn't negate/change the meaning of it. It's not even close to being cloudy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I completely agree but remember with poverty we often see a population boom as people have frankly nothing else to do.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sure we should turn this over to the sanity of the right wing. Oklahoma is talking about a bill to prohibit the use of human foetus in food stuffs

www.oklegislature.gov...

these are the people making laws that affect people futures??

Idiots one and all

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
"Beware of the man who praises women's liberation. He's about to quit his job." Erica Jong

Maybe he is on the way out!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
In his mind abortion gives women an option to stay in their careers, to advance, to avoid the added expenses and efforts involved in raising a child.

Abortion gives women an "Option"...and pontificating on what might motivate them to use that option by either yourself or a 90% male legislature is immoral, arrogant and ignorant.

Newt Gingrich, Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum and Rick Perry have all said they would ban abortions even in cases of rape or incest.

Santorum takes it further...ban contraception..

Romney has been trying to hym and haw on the issue, but has now said he thinks ROe Vs. wade should be overturned...

Big Government...VERY Big Government..

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Immoral?? In a thread about abortion. Did I mention that 55 million babies have been killed since Roe v Wade? That's immoral!!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Stop having sex or practice safe sex.

Intercourse is about pro-creation not enjoyment but yes they go hand in hand. It was the radicals from the 60's that started the destruction of this country. With the added sexuality on TV today adding to the problem and telling kids it's ok to have sex.

Gotta love having radicals in the White House that blew up government buildings in the past, that helped with the fraudulent foreclosures, and oh yea are finishing the destruction of this country.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
How can we have the same dreams- say I dreamed about physically giving birth to a baby, and I am a man, how does dreammaker Obama square that nut?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
If someone does not have the self-control or consideration to prevent an unwanted pregnancy entirely, they probably deserve what they do to themselves and their offspring afterward.

If someone doesn't have the self-control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, then they certainly don't have the self-control to be a focused and attentive parent.

When I imagine elephants, gorillas, dogs, or any animal, sticking objects or drugs into their vaginas to destroy their offspring, I can't find the words to express my feelings.

Who knows what would the outcome would be if animals had opposable thumbs..

We spay and neuter our animals, sell their "stud" sperm, and forcibly impregnate bitches and queens!

Rape is a common in the animal kingdom. You wanna take a moral clue from animals?

I am pro-choice, but entirely morally opposed to abortion.

Pick a side, you can't have both ways.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
If someone doesn't have the self-control to prevent an unwanted pregnancy, then they certainly don't have the self-control to be a focused and attentive parent.

I didnt plan my first kid and I am a focussed and attentive parent so I think you may revisit your worldview
edit on 23-1-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by Indigo5

Immoral?? In a thread about abortion. Did I mention that 55 million babies have been killed since Roe v Wade? That's immoral!!!!

Did I mention that almost half of all pregnancies (babies) are aborted (killed) by God in the first trimester?

"Spontaneous Abortion" equals "Misscarriage"

Either God kills 50% of all babies for the slightest of reasons, or maybe you might reconsider when life begins.

By the second trimester, "Spontaneous abortion" falls to less than 4%...by the 3rd trimester it is possible for the baby to live and the mother to die in childbirth or other complications.

Abortions in the 1st trimester do not kill babies...nor does God.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Changing where certain punctuation is in this particular quote doesn't negate/change the meaning of it. It's not even close to being cloudy.

Sure it does... or it wouldn't have been neccessary.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

Originally posted by windword

I didnt plan my first kid and I am a focussed and attentive parent so I think you may revisit your worldview
edit on 23-1-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

Just because you did something, doesn't mean that you can force a dictum on others. Get of your high horse, you are not the moral authority!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Did I mention that almost half of all pregnancies (babies) are aborted (killed) by God in the first trimester?

"Spontaneous Abortion" equals "Misscarriage"

Either God kills 50% of all babies for the slightest of reasons, or maybe you might reconsider when life begins.

By the second trimester, "Spontaneous abortion" falls to less than 4%...by the 3rd trimester it is possible for the baby to live and the mother to die in childbirth or other complications.

Abortions in the 1st trimester do not kill babies...nor does God.

backward reasoning, like equating a death of a 30 year old man because of a heart attack with the murder of a 30 year old man

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join