It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by windword

Originally posted by knightrider078
Heres a question when a baby is born by rape people talk like the baby shouldn't be born. why the baby is innocent what has the baby done to deserve to be aborted or lets just say it killed.

No, people talk like the woman shouldn't be forced to carry and deliver, if not raise, the rapist' baby. Why should the woman be punished, again, after being raped?

And, a mass of cells in a sac is not a baby. It has no right to life. It is unfeeling and unaware and therefore suffers no injustice.

That is the biggest load of bs. And sad coming from someone I almost sympathized with....

Would you care to inform us all exactly when the mass of cells in the sac do become a baby?????
edit on 26-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

20 weeks.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

And, a mass of cells in a sac is not a baby. It has no right to life. It is unfeeling and unaware and therefore suffers no injustice.

That is the biggest load of bs. And sad coming from someone I almost sympathized with....

Would you care to inform us all exactly when the mass of cells in the sac do become a baby?????

Funny. Last time I checked, even as adults, we are all just a mass of cells.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Funny. Last time I checked, even as adults, we are all just a mass of cells.

Yeh, a mass of cells descended from the ape no less... lol

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs)—sometimes simply referred to as emergency contraceptives (ECs) or the "morning-after pill"—are drugs intended to disrupt ovulation or fertilization, which are steps necessary for pregnancy (contraceptives). There is controversy about whether such drugs may in some cases act not as a contraceptive but as a contragestive, a drug that prevents the implantation of a human embryo in the uterus, thus preventing pregnancy, although one study has concluded that this mechanism is unlikely.[1][2][3][4]

Emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs) are not to be confused with mifepristone (RU486, Mifeprex), which is used as an "abortion pill". The term "emergency contraceptive pill" does not refer to mifespristone, which is most commonly used in 200- or 600-mg doses as an abortifacient.[15] However, in China and Russia only,[13] mifepristone is available as either emergency contraception or as an abortifacient, depending on whether it is used before or after implantation. If used as emergency contraception, a low dose of mifepristone is slightly less effective than higher doses, but has fewer side effects.[16] As of 2000, the smallest dose available in the USA was 200 mg.[17] Mifepristone, however, is not approved for emergency contraceptive use in the United States.[18] A review of studies in humans concluded that the contraceptive effects of the 10-mg dose are due to its effects on ovulation,[19] but understanding of its mechanism of action remains incomplete. Higher doses of mifepristone can disrupt implantation and, unlike levonorgestrel, mifepristone can be effective in terminating established pregnancies.en.wikipedia.org...

because some people wont do their own research, the morning after pill prevents fertilization or implantation, it is not the abortion pill.
edit on 26-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Are you trying to tell us that before 20 weeks, the sack of cells is not alive and therefore not a baby? You have to be kidding. You apparently haven't done any real research.
It is convenient listening to the lies of those Planned Parenthood workers who you even said threatened you to get an abortion.
Amazing.

So, what do they call a sac of cells which spontaneously aborts?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

That's a convenient law made up by pro-choice advocates. from the day of conception the baby is separate yet dependent on the mother, it has different DNA . At six weeks it has a brain and spinal cord....

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Like I said all thru history people will believe whatever lies fit their agenda and selfishness........

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I cannot agree that murder is a choice that should be given to people.

A fertilized egg isn't one in the same as a human being. You and some of the others here appear to think they are and should be treated exactly the same, but in the end this is just your personal position.

Regarding the idea of 'choice', I've stated this before, the matter of choice of a pregnant woman will always be left up to the pregnant woman. What she does to herself is within her control, as nature has deemed so. You may not agree with the ability of woman to choose, but biologically, you have no say in the matter.

Victim

Nazis

extermination

Genocide

Pro-lifers don't do their cause a justice by hurling out names, and tags, to the reality of abortion. They don't do their cause any justice by demonizing many of the women whom have suffered unspeakable crimes, women who are put in situations beyond their control. All I see pro-lifers like you do is continue to divide and attack, which inturn causes further hostility against your movement.

As somebody who believes this is and will always be the choice of the woman, I don't like abortions. I personally wouldn't want my partner to go through it, I'd offer to take the baby on myself if she didn't care. I've heard of cases of raped woman choosing to go through with the pregnancy, giving a fetus the potential to become a great human being, such a thing, such strength, it's beyond commendable. It demonstrates great mental strength for a victim to make that decision. I think pro-lifers would do their movement a great justice by spending more time celebrating the potential of humans, by spending more time and energies towards their support for single mothers, by arguing the advantages of going forward with pregancy. Instead, all I see is the pro-life movement becoming more and more marginalized as the day goes by, telling all women regardless of their situation, that they're murderer, nazis and what ever other horrid word one can pick out. Instead of putting out support for these women as single mothers, I find that many pro-lifers turn back to 'fiscal conservatism', telling these mothers that they'll be lazy bums if they choose to seek government assistance by going through with the pregnancy. This coupled with the increasing availability and affordability of technologies, of drugs, that make abortions a quick, easy and simple choice, the positions of prolifers really make the thought of going through with pregnancy less and less appealing, it does more harm to the pro-life movement. I really wonder to myself how many minds pro-lifers are changing with all their protests and hostilities? Why would any young women be swayed by going through with pregnancy if this is the response she receives? People who have the nerve to tell her what she must do, and what she is for considering the choice, let's just say you're not making the decision to go forward with pregnancy any easier.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Like I said all thru history people will believe whatever lies fit their agenda and selfishness........

Or - - they'll take their belief and try to shove it down everyone's throat who doesn't agree with them.

Individual Right of Choice - - - hmmmmmmmmmmmm - - -where's the agenda and selfishness?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
at the moment, virginia, I believe has a bill coming up that would grant the constitutional rights to unborns.....

so my question is this, what if a women is on a necessary medication that is needed to keep her functioning in our world that is not healthy for babies, and she gets pregnant...

what happens then, do we institutionalize the mother for nine month and deny her the meds?
or do we harm the baby with the meds??

if we have two beings, within one body, both being considered "equal"...well, there's a whole mess of ways that their interests could be contrary to each other!!!

so, at what age do you propose to strip that newborn of her rights (if she is a female)???

REmains to be seen how far that will get in the supreme court ... the entire basis of roe v. wade and the case-law that has followed is that (in the current jurisprudence of the court), it is unconstitutional to place an undue burden on a woman in receiving an abortion before the fetus is viable.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Apparently people don't read entire posts......I posted information proving that your arguments are exactly the same ones used to justify the holocaust and slavery just to name name a few. The marginalizing of life to make yourself feel better about a terrible act. to only worry about the mother is selfish. I am not talking about rape....I am talking about using abortion to fix a mistake you made, or to protect yourself from responsibility. How about keep it your pants until you are ready for the responsibility or face your mistakes. How anyone can say abortion is an option is beyond me. I bet not one of you have seen a pic of an aborted six week old or fifteen week old....it is a human being......stop justifying it....admit what it is. Maybe as parents we should teach our children responsibility instead of killing as birth control. And like I said earlier, go right to the pharmacy and take the morning after pill before conception. Isn't a little bit of work better than just killing something. it is a baby not a parasite, not a tumor, not just a sac of cells. I stand by what I said, the Pres was disgusting for what he said.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

As far as shoving a belief...it is a matter of right and wrong...and since you have all these freedoms...feel free not to read my posts.....I am on this thread to reply to the op....if you don't like it then find another thread to annoy.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Are you trying to tell us that before 20 weeks, the sack of cells is not alive and therefore not a baby? You have to be kidding. You apparently haven't done any real research.
It is convenient listening to the lies of those Planned Parenthood workers who you even said threatened you to get an abortion.
Amazing.

So, what do they call a sac of cells which spontaneously aborts?

Why should we care about unsentient humans? Its the mind which makes us valuable, not DNA, or vegetative (biological) life.

Begging the question (or petitio principii, "assuming the initial point") is a type of logical fallacy in which the proposition to be proven is assumed implicitly or explicitly in the premise.

This is what all pro-lifers in this thread do. They assume biological human life is valuable in itself, and then make an argument based on it.
Well, I dont agree that human life is valuable in itself. If it does not contain a mind, I dont care about it, no matter its DNA sequence.

Justify why should I care about unsentient life, just because its my species.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

According to the Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Federation Declaration of Principles, 1980, p. 12, one of the five general goals of PP is “to combat the world population crisis by helping to bring about a population of stable size in an optimum environment in the United States.”
edit on 25-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

Which is a bad thing because....??

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I cannot agree that murder is a choice that should be given to people. Please go on this website and read the information. Everytime there is a group of "persons"that become a nuisance or whatever reason groups /movements come up with to remove from the earth or use for a benefit such as slavery, the same arguments are used over and over to justify that they are right. it's always said in this case it is ok to enslave or kill or torture. If you read Hitler's reasons they are the same reasons pro-choice advocates are using.

And they are the same reasons advocates of killing animals or plants use.

The difference is, this time they are right.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
for gods sake. I find it incredible how arrogant the pro life crowd sticks thier feet into other peoples shoes.

isnt that a fundamental to the presence of freedom? To be left alone from being governed? the opportunity to govern ones self and be left in peace?

Pay attention to your own damned lives, your own opinions (however their force fed to you), and get out of this mind programmed slavery that says you know better then your brother and are his keeper.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise
for gods sake. I find it incredible how arrogant the pro life crowd sticks thier feet into other peoples shoes.

isnt that a fundamental to the presence of freedom? To be left alone from being governed? the opportunity to govern ones self and be left in peace?

Pay attention to your own damned lives, your own opinions (however their force fed to you), and get out of this mind programmed slavery that says you know better then your brother and are his keeper.

Exactly!
Individualism! Personal responsibility!

We don't need the government to tell us that it is okay to kill unborn children. We don't need the government to absolve us of our responsibility to those yet born!

People need to stand up and take responsibility for themselves! If they have sex, let THEM be responsible for their acts! If a woman gets pregnant, let her take responsibility for that act! Don't rely on the government to tell you that killing is okay.
Don't rely on government to provide you with an "out" from taking responsibility for your actions!

Pay attention to your own lives, your own actions. And face responsibility.

Or. . . .

You can avoid responsibility, continue to kill (because the government says it's okay) and live your irresponsible lives, care-free.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huggiesunrise

Exactly!
Individualism! Personal responsibility!

We don't need the government to tell us that it is okay to kill unborn children. We don't need the government to absolve us of our responsibility to those yet born!

People need to stand up and take responsibility for themselves! If they have sex, let THEM be responsible for their acts! If a woman gets pregnant, let her take responsibility for that act! Don't rely on the government to tell you that killing is okay.
Don't rely on government to provide you with an "out" from taking responsibility for your actions!

Pay attention to your own lives, your own actions. And face responsibility.

Or. . . .

You can avoid responsibility, continue to kill (because the government says it's okay) and live your irresponsible lives, care-free.

You have it the other way around. The government restricts freedoms, not grants them. Without government interference in the matter, freedom to obtain abortion (if there is supply and demand) is the default state of things.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Bull.
Government absorbs the collective guilt from killing by saying it's okay.

People just won't take responsibility for their actions and they're backed up by the government who says it's okay.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

Bull.
Government absorbs the collective guilt from killing by saying it's okay.

People just won't take responsibility for their actions and they're backed up by the government who says it's okay.

Do you think if there was not government, abortion would not be allowed? And who would ban it and enforce it? Without the government, anarchocapitalism is the default state of things.
"Collective guilt" does not exist in a free, individualistic society. "Try to deny my daughters abortion and I will shoot you" is what would exist in a free individualistic society without the government interference in the matter. Government can only restrict freedoms.

edit on 26/1/12 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join