It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I don't know anything about Margret Stanger, except what I have heard here. I don't disbelieve that to be the case. America was "completely" racist, bigoted and ignorant in the past, and not much, but a little, better now.

For example, my (white) older sister became pregnant with a Kenyan exchange student in the late '60. She was presented before our church deacons and preacher by my parents. "What to do?"

They told her that if she got an abortion, she would be allowed to stay in the church. She did.

5 years later, I got pregnant and refused to have an abortion. I was 17. My parents and the church, First Assembly of God, threw me out. I was (legally) fired from my job, because I was pregnant, then denied unemployment insurance, because pregnancy was a choice.

I went on welfare. My welfare worker, repeatedly, in person and on the phone, counselled, coerced, threatened, harassed and yelled demeaning names at me, trying to get me to abort. I refused.

Then came the harsh judgmental treatment from nurses and doctors, landlords, babysitters, teachers and other mothers, not to mention the stink made at the grocery store for using food stamps!

It doesn't surprise me that there are people pushing abortion for various agendas, or that "undesirable" populations aren't targeted. But the churches and government aren't pushing abortion like they did in the '70. There is a polar opposite, but the goal is the same. Taking reproductive rights away from women.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Heres a question when a baby is born by rape people talk like the baby shouldn't be born. why the baby is innocent what has the baby done to deserve to be aborted or lets just say it killed.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I cannot agree that murder is a choice that should be given to people. Please go on this website and read the information. Everytime there is a group of "persons"that become a nuisance or whatever reason groups /movements come up with to remove from the earth or use for a benefit such as slavery, the same arguments are used over and over to justify that they are right. it's always said in this case it is ok to enslave or kill or torture. If you read Hitler's reasons they are the same reasons pro-choice advocates are using.

Victim class is often seen as a "disease" on society or as diseased themselves. "Parasites" and "bacilli" were words used by Nazis to describe Jews and others targeted for extermination.
blackgenocide.org...
edit on 25-1-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

The Nazis justified killing "useless eaters" based on the fact that they were using up resources needed by the German people.

Genocide often framed in the language of "choice." The Nazis asserted that the racial make-up of the German nation was an internal matter for the German people to decide. They also emphasized Hitler's choice, his "Will to Power," as a Nazi propaganda film put it. In the Senatorial debates of 1858, Stephen Douglas said that he was personally opposed to slavery but that each state should have the right to choose whether to be a slave state or a free state.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
Heres a question when a baby is born by rape people talk like the baby shouldn't be born. why the baby is innocent what has the baby done to deserve to be aborted or lets just say it killed.

No, people talk like the woman shouldn't be forced to carry and deliver, if not raise, the rapist' baby. Why should the woman be punished, again, after being raped?

And, a mass of cells in a sac is not a baby. It has no right to life. It is unfeeling and unaware and therefore suffers no injustice.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I cannot agree that a timely termination of an unwanted pregnancy is murder. I am against coercing, demanding or guilting anyone into making a choice that is not in their best interest. Either way, any agenda that attempts to erode personal rights, for whatever reason, is wrong.

Forcing a woman to give birth or to abort is wrong!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Personhood is always redefined to exclude the intended victim class. In 1935, the Nuremberg Laws codified the exclusion of Jews from German society. The next year, the Reichsgericht (Germany's highest court) essentially legalized the Holocaust. Cartoons routinely depicted Jews as pigs, dogs, rats, and other vermin.

In 1857, the U.S. Supreme Court declared Blacks "...a subordinate and inferior class of beings..." in [Dred] Scott v. Sandford. Black slaves were often assigned diminutive names, such as "Mingo," that were normally reserved for pets.

In 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court found that "the word 'person,' as used in the [Constitution], does not include the unborn." Today, unwanted children are spoken of in dehumanizing terms: "embryo," "fetus," "products of conception," etc.
blackgenocide.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

By that definition, denying a killer the right to kill or a pedophile the right to "have" children is also wrong and takes away their rights to happiness. Your personal rights end when they impinge on someone else's even if that someone is a fetus. if someone is raped they can take the morning after pill which prevents pregnancy and does not need a prescription. Otherwise, don't have sex or protect yourself......murder is no way to fix a mistake. people need to own up to the messes they make without killing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
blackgenocide.org...

10 week old aborted fetus...what do you think?

According to the Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s Federation Declaration of Principles, 1980, p. 12, one of the five general goals of PP is “to combat the world population crisis by helping to bring about a population of stable size in an optimum environment in the United States.”

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

So, you would support a law that defines the unborn, all unborn as persons, with constitutional rights? What other laws would have put in place, to defend a woman's dignity and right to privacy? What would you do to make sure women aren't forced into a sort of "birthing slavery?"

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

By that definition, denying a killer the right to kill or a pedophile the right to "have" children is also wrong and takes away their rights to happiness. Your personal rights end when they impinge on someone else's even if that someone is a fetus. if someone is raped they can take the morning after pill which prevents pregnancy and does not need a prescription. Otherwise, don't have sex or protect yourself......murder is no way to fix a mistake. people need to own up to the messes they make without killing.

Exactly. It all comes down to personal responsibility. And people don't want to be responsible for their actions.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

That's not a valid argument and you know it.....rape is illegal. Of course if you think rights are absolute no matter who else they hurt then the rapists rights are being infringed

And yes, the unborn are people with rights. anyone who says they aren't is a child abuser and/or murderer. Someone neds to stand up for the unborn and protect them.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

By that definition, denying a killer the right to kill or a pedophile the right to "have" children is also wrong and takes away their rights to happiness.

The law protects the living, breathing human beings. Pedophilia is illegal.

I don't know what "definition" you're talking about, but constantly using the term "murder" to elicit emotion is cheap and I have already made my point that it is NOT murder, no victim.

Your personal rights end when they impinge on someone else's even if that someone is a fetus.

Not if its in MY body. My rights supercede it's. It's not a someone.

if someone is raped they can take the morning after pill which prevents pregnancy and does not need a prescription.

Wrong. The morning after pill causes spontaneous abortion, if pregnancy has occurred. What does having a prescription have to do with the morality of it?

Otherwise, don't have sex or protect yourself......murder is no way to fix a mistake. people need to own up to the messes they make without killing.

You can't dictate how other's should behave. People will have unprotected sex, get over it. Look for a better solution than punishing the woman for the act of two. Grow up. Rape, incest and date rape happen all the time. take off your rosy colored glasses.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Why don't you look at the link to picture I posted??? tell me that wasn't a person. I am not using murder to get an emotional response, I am trying to figure out if you have a moral compass at all.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

That's not a valid argument and you know it.....rape is illegal. Of course if you think rights are absolute no matter who else they hurt then the rapists rights are being infringed

What? I have no idea what you're talking about. Huh? Rape doesn't happen? Who's infringing on the rapist rights? You're spinning buddy.

And yes, the unborn are people with rights. anyone who says they aren't is a child abuser and/or murderer. Someone neds to stand up for the unborn and protect them.

So now it's down to name calling? I have engaged you in conversation and told you my personal story. I have agreed with you that any kind of agenda that would target a population adversely is wrong. But, now you just called me a "child molester and a murderer because I disagree with you.

Just because you say the unborn are people doesn't make it so. If there is a movement afoot to remove or attack female reproductive rights, I'll fight you like it was WWIII!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

You are the one who said if women can't abort there will be birthing slavery.....look who's spinning. that would mean just because women can't abort then the will be getting raped all the time and made to carry the babies? That's quite a stretch.... how about you argue like an adult, read the info I posted. I am saying according to your logic the women's rights superceed the babies (yes it is a baby)and I said by that definition then why should a killers or a pedophile's rights be any less important than someone elses's? Do you know why?

because one person's rights cannot infringe on someone else's. And there is the little thing about right and wrong. killing wrong...figuring out a way to fix a " problem" without killing, right.

yes you can control other people's actions...that's called living in a civilized society with laws. And because I live in America, if I think a law is wrong, I have the right to try to get it changed. Abortion was illegal before the feminists and eugenicists changed it....I will fight like it's wwwIII to save the unborn. I willmfightnto make it illegal again....how about get your tubes tied, do something responsible...I don't care how people prevent pregnancy just don't kill.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Oh drama, please...someone who kills another on purpose is a murderer... The dr or the person who asked the dr to do it. and letting it happen is allowing child abuse. Sorry I implied you directly. but I am so enraged by people thinking sucking a baby out of the womb, ripping it to pieces and throwing it in the garbage is a good and moral choice to make for the mother...have we really became so blasé about life, and right and wrong....I fear for my children that they have to grow up in a world with people like that.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Oh drama, please...someone who kills another on purpose is a murderer...

That is your thinking. That is your belief.

I am not interested.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Genocide often framed in the language of "choice."

Resources are inadequate to care for intended victim class if they are allowed to live.

Victim class tends to be people who have what we want or get in our way.

Personhood is always redefined to exclude the intended victim class.

blackgenocide.org...

Please go to link to see descriptions for each of these arguments for abortion and see how they mirror the arguments for the holocaust and slavery.

I see that you have edited out your initial post, that prompted my response, about your comments on Planned Parenthood and ethnic cleansing.

Please read this: www.abovetopsecret.com...
No, I'm not going to your links. Do your own work, Make your own arguments with quotes and medical facts to back up your wild claims.
edit on 25-1-2012 by windword because: added link

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I didn't edit anything out....I added to it. I can't post all the findings, the moderators don't like those big long posts, and because I am on mobile I can't post the pictures. It just shows you don't want to see the truth.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

And, a mass of cells in a sac is not a baby. It has no right to life. It is unfeeling and unaware and therefore suffers no injustice.

That is the biggest load of bs. And sad coming from someone I almost sympathized with....

Would you care to inform us all exactly when the mass of cells in the sac do become a baby?????
edit on 26-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join