It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My friend you can spot them everywhere, anti abortion crowd will quote Jesus himself on lies just to pursue an agenda.

I just have to laugh at this one, it does attract attention, right? and we all know the desirable result of that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I had a dream that came to a screeching holt when I
discovered that I was pregnant.I took my unplanned
pregnancy as a sign that I was not meant to go into
the military!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And the hell with those that wants to regulate my body like it was a peace of machinery.

Because they believe a baby is not a piece of machinery, not a lifeless object

That's why

Do you also support abortions beyond 2nd trimester?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
All those saying use birth control seem to forget that it is not always effective.

When it fails for your 16 year old daughter you might sing a different tune.

link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Because WOMEN DON'T HAVE D1CKS! How about men step up and take some responsibility???

Why is this ALWAYs about women? Last time I checked it takes two.

link   
OP - your link is broken.

This one works though.

Obama isn't saying anything too out of line with the pro-abortion crowd. People who are anti abortion but are all for targeting alleged terrorists and instead hitting innocent civilians in the so called War on Terror baffle me. This isn't targeted at any particular person who has or will post in this thread, but just generally speaking. If you feel even a tiny bit like this implicates you it probably does, and you know who you are. It's like your beliefs have no basis in your own logical thought, but are instead fed to you on a case by case basis to be regurgitated any time the issue arises.

If you don't believe in abortion for religious reasons you should remember that you are not someone's God, and even if you were God himself granted people the right to choose for themselves, and no innocent soul would be punished for the actions of another - meaning that God has an infallible plan and all is well, so you should stick to the fundamentals and allow people to make their own decisions. Then again - I don't believe in God either.

Why should unborn lives be such a huge and seemingly permanent issue in this country when the lives we take every day in wars of aggression and ongoing occupations are so easily ignored by Americans? I don't mean to divert attention from the OP, but I believe this is a relevant point to the discussion. If you REALLY care so much about human life start caring about ALL human life, not just potentially Christian babies in your own country.

For the record - abortion doesn't sit well with me. I only mention this because reading over my post I realize it might come across that I am pro abortion, and I am not. I am against abortion but I am also against regulating what people can do. I think I will always be torn on this issue.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Relax, I was talking about your scenario that a woman goes to the pharmacy, and is denied birth control. In such a situation, she could instead just buy some condoms. Guys definitely have responsibility to wear a condom if they're not trying to get a girl pregnant, I never said they don't.
edit on 23-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

A born baby is not machinery and neither is my womb, I am pro abortion and so beat it pick a fight with somebody else you already know my stance of abortion.

No more to say on the matter.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

no government, no religious freak or zealous anti abortion believers should make laws or dictate what women out to do with their wombs.

i don't care what you do with your vagina, though i do care what you do with the child growing inside. murder is murder.

did you know it is a felony to touch an eagle's egg? we hold the unborn offspring of a bird as more sacred than our own children. madness.

abortion isn't a right that you have, just as murdering someone for convenience with my own two arms isn't a right. how DARE the government tell me what i can and cannot do with my hands! after all, i'm just punching a bag of tissue until it can no longer function. definitely different than murder.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I'm not pissed...
This issue just bugs me..All I am trying to say is the "pharmacist" cannot have it both ways and expect a good outcome..either give the lady birth control prescribed by her doctor or change his/her stance on abortion. I mean if he/she would have just given the dang girl the pill then end of conversation..there will be no baby to abort..(yes, I know there are mishaps with BC...but still..most of the time it does work and is effective)---

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Really? Obama said, "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"???

You have the gall to put that in quotes? That's just a lie. He didn't say that.

He sure as hell did! BH, I am not surprised you as usual are backing your boy, but to stoop so low and call me
a liar? That isn't the BH I know. Check my source!

“And as we remember this historic anniversary,we must also continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights,freedoms,and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.”

Same source

Pax

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Really? Obama said, "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"???

You have the gall to put that in quotes? That's just a lie. He didn't say that.

I think the title was shortened to fit the ATS max character restriction for thread titles.

The actual article is "Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill Their Dreams" and is really the same statement as the title of this thread.

And even the direct and accurate quote is kind of demeaning to men. We have responsibilities as fathers too. If a woman cannot locate and extract support from her child's father it is very like she is just as at fault as anyone for making such bad decisions. I know there are "deadbeat" dads but they only have 50% of the equation to get the job done.

In most cases where the mother isn't a completely irresponsible "free spirit" the father shares at the very least financial support, and in many cases partial or shared custody. Men would also be providing actual, tangible support for their children in more cases if the courts weren't set up to default custody to the mother in the case of separations, disputes, etc.

link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

My friend you can spot them everywhere, anti abortion crowd will quote Jesus himself on lies just to pursue an agenda.

I just have to laugh at this one, it does attract attention, right? and we all know the desirable result of that.

Marg, I just posted the entire quote for BH, I would appreciate if you stopped slandering me! It is not very
becoming.

link   
reply to post by Neopan100

And all I'm trying to say is that if you don't want to have a baby, then there are plenty of ways to avoid having one. Condoms, birth control, this mystical sponge that was described in a Seinfeld episode, whatever. A baby who could grow up to be the next Albert Einstein for all we know shouldn't have to pay for the mother/fathers own irresponsibility.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm sorry. But abortion is ridiculous.

I know i know "But women should be able to choose", and yes, i agree, in certain circumstances an abortion should be performed (rapists).

But in all honesty, there are too many girls out there that use abortion as a form of contraceptive.
Instead of using a contraceptive as a contraceptive.

We should be teaching our kids how to be responsible, like my parents taught me. Most of the girls i went to school with are on their second or third child. Hell, my gf is 3 years younger than me and people SHE graduated with are on their 3rds. (She's 20)

We know people that continue to get pregnant (because they don't use contraceptives, aand if they do, its very rarely), even though they continue to have their children taken away from them,

We should be teaching people to be doing safe sex, instead of letting them run rampant, i know 15 year old girls that are pregnant. Are you kidding me? I know people who have had 3 kids before they are 19. Are parents not parenting anymore? It seems like most of these people that are having unprotected sex at a young age are all idiots (no offence if there is any in the audience).

If you don't want to take responsibility for another life. Then don't have sex. Period.
What happened to teaching kids sex ed class? Is that a one year thing now?

Stop glamorizing sex in the media
Stop making it a 'popular thing to do'

Probably don't like my views, i don't care.
Its not a religious thing either, its a common sense thing. Not ready for a child. Dont have sex. Did that stop me? Hell no. Did i always wear a condom? Hell yes. Was the girl i was with always on birth control? Hell yes. Otherwise there was no way. Guess what? I Haven't gotten anyone pregnant. So i guess teaching your children actually works. I think the government is at fault for trying to step into the private lives of families too much. "You cant spank your kids", Now look where we are. Lol.
edit on 23/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The longer a girl/woman postpones raising a child, the more she can contribute to the economy.
I therefor see a modern political reason in favor of abortion. Same reason emancipation was encouraged.
Follow the money.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Nobody is slandering you dear, just the article.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It sounds like a pretty stupid comment to make.
As has been said by another poster, contraception enables our daughters to fulfill their dreams, would have been a more appropriate statement.

I've always believed that every case of abortion should be assessed to a higher criteria than it currently is.
That is, the father of the unborn as well as all the extended families involved should be able to put forth a case to adopt and abortion should only be a last resort in dire circumstances of total destitution.
This would also enable out daughters to fulfill their dreams while cutting the amount of abortions down to a minimum.

I'm sure I'll cop some flak for that viewpoint but whatever......

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I dislike Obama for a lot of reasons, but this isn't one of them.

There are too many single mothers, in poverty that are discouraged to get abortions. They will remain in poverty for the rest of their lives, their children will grow up without fathers, and a nice percentage of the children without fathers will be criminals.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This issue is just another sad reminder that too many options just leads to confusion and fighting. The fact about it is that if we could just go back to not having all of the options of birth control, abortion etc. and just tried and educate people to not make mistakes, or live up to them when they do, the world would be a much easier place to live. There would be less VD and young mothers. BC and abortion allow people to become separated from the act of mating. The act becomes a game, which loses it's value, and turns into something that may be forgotten even before monday morning.

Humans would do well to fashion their laws more closely to the laws of nature. We as a species already have respect for these laws and are less inclined to fight over whether they are right or not. Of course this idea does not work unless we accept the fact that more is not better, and too many choices only lead to confusion.

This is a hurdle that humans are going to face in the future or else become spread so thin that they lose the binding aspects of human nature.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join