It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

See my post with citations and there are just no words for your sarcasm. But whatever. You are not going to intimidate me with that nonsense and hateful spite.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

So what. Sacrifice the living for the potential. What has your pro-life group done for anyone after they exit the womb??

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

and you are going to use wiki as a source. Great, love it. See my sources

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

See my post with citations and there are just no words for your sarcasm. But whatever. You are not going to intimidate me with that nonsense and hateful spite.

Citations from a Pro Life Group.

No bias there LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Indigo5

If tissue is growing, doesn't that mean it is alive?

Yes, therefore the removal of cancer should be banned as well...? After all what is cancer but rapidly growing tissue.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

A paid member? Omg you don't even know that I DONATED to BECOME a member. You should check your facts next time you want to make an insulting remark, at least be sure to be accurate.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

and you are going to use wiki as a source. Great, love it. See my sources

I read the wiki information. It is very informative and realistic.

Did you read it?

It has more weight then bias citations from a Pro Life Group.

edit on 24-1-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

A paid member? Omg you don't even know that I DONATED to BECOME a member. You should check your facts next time you want to make an insulting remark, at least be sure to be accurate.

When I was young, I belonged to a club.

Heated response to a heated topic.

edit on 24-1-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

No bias there LOL

First, I posted about the National Right to Life as comment to someone who seemed to think I was pro choice or something.
Second, those citations are all from doctors, college professors, and other professionals.
Is that really so hard to understand?

And one citation is even from the Senate Judiciary

“Physicians, biologists, and other scientists agree that conception marks the beginning of the life of a human being—a being that is alive and is a member of the human species. There is overwhelming agreement on this
point in countless medical, biological, and scientific writings.” (Report, Subcommittee on Separation of Powers to
Senate Judiciary Committee S-158, 97th Congress, 1st Session 1981, 7.)

You are really shooting from the hip on this one.

Or how about this

Some of the world’s most prominent scientists and physicians testified to a U.S. Senate committee that human life begins at conception:
A United States Senate Judiciary Subcommittee invited experts to testify on the question of when life begins. All of the quotes from the following experts come directly from the official government record of their testimony.1
Dr. Alfred M. Bongiovanni, professor of pediatrics and obstetrics at the University of Pennsylvania, stated:
“I have learned from my earliest medical education that human life begins at the time of conception.... I submit that human life is present throughout this entire sequence from conception to adulthood and that any interruption at any point throughout this time constitutes a termination of human life....I am no more prepared to say that these early stages [of development in the womb] represent an incomplete human being than I would be to say that the child prior to the dramatic effects of puberty...is not a human being. This is human life at every stage.”
Dr. Jerome LeJeune, professor of genetics at the University of Descartes in Paris, was the discoverer of the chromosome pattern of Down syndrome. Dr. LeJeune testified to the Judiciary Subcommittee, “after fertilization has taken place a new human being has come into being.” He stated that this “is no longer a matter of taste or opinion,” and “not a metaphysical contention, it is plain experimental evidence.” He added, “Each individual has a very neat beginning, at conception.”
Professor Micheline Matthews-Roth, Harvard University Medical School: “It is incorrect to say that biological data cannot be decisive.... It is scientifically correct to say that an individual human life begins at conception.... Our laws, one function of which is to help preserve the lives of our people, should be based on accurate scientific data.”
Dr. Watson A. Bowes, University of Colorado Medical School: “The beginning of a single human life is from a biological point of view a simple and straightforward matter—the beginning is conception. This straightforward biological fact should not be distorted to serve sociological, political, or economic goals.”
Ashley Montague, a geneticist and professor at Harvard and Rutgers, is unsympathetic to the prolife cause. Nevertheless, he affirms unequivocally, “The basic fact is simple: life begins not at birth, but conception.”3

www.epm.org...

So just wow, maybe you should try some study and research before making ignorant comments from your emotion and bias.

Just google it and you will come up with tons of stuff.
I did and came up with 3, 770,000 results in 18 seconds.
edit on 24-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
I would not choose abortion under any circumstances. I am 100% anti-abortion and 100% pro-choice. It is not a decision that should be dictated by the government. Allowing the government pervue over reproductive decisions is beyond "over-reach" it is the ugly cousin of communism.

Fine that is your choice -- don't have an abortion. BUT that is not everyone's choice - why do you get to say that a woman or a child must bear a child as punishment for assault or failed contraception.

I am tired of the pro-life terrorists -- and I mean terrorists in the full murdering bloody meaning of the word, for that is exactly what they have become.

link   

See my post with citations

Why? Why do I need to see that, will it change my mind?
Will it make you right in your belief?

No.

Seriously... this is a societal issue and then a moral & medical issue.
There is no need for sources, just discussion and debate... even then, there is law in place to allow abortion.

Change it or shhhhhh

and there are just no words for your sarcasm. But whatever.

I know right? It's good

You are not going to intimidate me with that nonsense and hateful spite.

My intention was not intimidation, more ridicule and trying to show you that you are not special or more important than anyone else, and nor is your opinion any more valid.

I think people who are lazy and use abortion as a convenient form of birth control are disgusting people.... it's awful and they should get a clue.

Those people however, are the minority.... abortion is not an easy decision and people don't go into it easily.
They need counselling and they may have serious issues afterwards.

Nobody who is pro choice thinks that abortion is some wonderful, fantastic medical procedure.... or that it's the new botox or something..

Just that sometimes, it's necessary.

Not nice, pleasant or fun.

Just necessary.

Contraception would be everyone's first choice.

Not always possible.

So get off your high, judgemental horse for a minute and think about it.
edit on 24/1/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

I agree consistency is important.

Originally posted by CaptainIraq
In our legal system, when someone assaults/murders a pregnant woman, the unborn 'child' can be considered a separate victim of the crime. The killer/assaulter, in effect, could be charged for assaulting/murdering two human beings.

If someone murders a pregnant woman who was planning to have the child, then it is her "baby" and she's willingly growing it inside her body. If someone kills them, then he kills her and her future child. Not saying I agree with it, but I can understand that.

By that same logic, must not we also permit mothers to murder their children after they exit the womb with no consequences?

Once a citizen is born in the US, it is a citizen with all the rights provided to all of us. Killing a born person would be murder.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
[Qquote]

Should any of this surprise us? Yet, it still hard for me to wrap my head around. To regard a human life as a burden that would prevent one from following their dream is just degrading and sexist! Not to mention sick and twisted.

Pax

what is sexist about regarding an unplanned baby as a burden? please explain to me which sex this offends and how it is related to that one sex. just trying to understand this whole sexism thing

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I applaud Obama for coming out, especially during an election cycle, to preserve the "right to choose" of women! OP, I couldn't disagree with you more. No one is trying to take away your right to give birth.

OP, you are looking at the world through rosey colored glasses. Not all women will make good moms, or will become better people for having given birth.

Then I say to you that these women should have been medically sterilized so as not to have had the opportunity to conceive. Why is it such a horror to recommend that young women be medically sterilized until such time that they can and want a child, but it is perfectly o.k. to advocate the killing of the unborn!

Right to choose my foot. This is about votes during an ELECTION CYCLE as you aptly pointed out.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Honestly.... don't give a crap.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

No bias there LOL

First, I posted about the National Right to Life as comment to someone who seemed to think I was pro choice or something.

Second, those citations are all from doctors, college professors, and other professionals.
Is that really so hard to understand?

You are really shooting from the hip on this one.

No bias? From chosen/selected professionals that have the same point of view you do.

I think its hilarious that you put down the information I posted because of where it came from.

It has more validity then a "hand picked selection" (excluding all others) - - because it is not bias.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Yes, it makes me 100 % right that scientists and doctors and priests agree that life begins at conception. I have provided many citations for my answer.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am not going to argue with you on this. If my citations aren't good enough for you that is not my problem.

Even Faye Wattleton knows the truth

Faye Wattleton, the longest reigning president of the largest abortion provider in the world – Planned Parenthood – argued as far back as 1997 that everyone already knows that abortion kills. She proclaims the following in an interview with Ms. Magazine: "I think we have deluded ourselves into believing that people don't know that abortion is killing. So any pretense that abortion is not killing is a signal of our ambivalence, a signal that we cannot say yes, it kills a fetus.1"
Naomi Wolf, a prominent feminist author and abortion supporter, makes a similar concession when she writes:
Clinging to a rhetoric about abortion in which there is no life and no death, we entangle our beliefs in a series of self-delusions, fibs and evasions. And we risk becoming precisely what our critics charge us with being: callous, selfish and casually destructive men and women who share a cheapened view of human life...we need to contextualize the fight to defend abortion rights within a moral framework that admits that the death of a fetus is a real death.2

www.abort73.com...

So even Pro-Choice know it

edit on 24-1-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   

Yes, it makes me 100 % right that scientists and doctors and priests agree that life begins at conception. I have provided many citations for my answer.

As I thought, I destroyed your pathetic argument/stance and you can't argue back.....typical.

link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Then I say to you that these women should have been medically sterilized so as not to have had the opportunity to conceive.

All newborn male babies should have a mandatory Vasectomy before leaving the hospital. Only to be undone when they are able emotionally/physically/financially to support and raise a child.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join