It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill T

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
[Qquote]Obama Defends Roe v. Wade As Way for ‘Our Daughters’ to Have Same Chance As Sons to ‘Fulfill Their Dreams’
cnsnews.com...

Obama says the 39 th anniversary of Roe v. Wade is the chance to recognize the “fundamental constitutional right” to abortion and to “continue our efforts to ensure that our daughters have the same rights,freedoms,and opportunities as our sons to fulfill their dreams.”

As a state lawmaker in Illinois,he voted four times against legislation to protect the life of a baby that survived a botched abortion. He voted against such legislation at the state level in 2001,2002 and 2003.

The 2003 bill was assigned to the Illinois Senate Health and Human Services Committee,which Obama chaired at the time. It mirrored a law passed by Congress,which said nothing in federal law should be construed to undermine the Roe v. Wade ruling.

Should any of this surprise us? Yet, it still hard for me to wrap my head around. To regard a human life as a burden that would prevent one from following their dream is just degrading and sexist! Not to mention sick and twisted.

This entire article reminds me of an episode of "Scared Straight". Obama touts this ideology and says don't let this divide us, while making the most depricating comments about women? Yeah right!!

So I would like to ask all mothers out there? Are your children your greatest burden. What are you doing with your useless life? Raising your kids? Is that all! You poor wretched creature. You gave up your dreams for some snot nosed thing? Boy are you stupid!!

Ladies I hope you can see the satire here. The sad truth is, this is how this man views you.
I believe a womans ability to give birth is the most priceless gift on earth. Motherhood is the toughest job out there and yet, it yeilds thd greatest rewards.

If you think Obama cares about your rights, please consider how he values human life. Here we see once again his true colors.

Thanks kindly

Pax
edit on Mon Jan 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags and edit title to source title, added source IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Mon Jan 23 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title AGAIN

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah nice one Mr President. So does contraception!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Broken link, see below

Thanks,
Pax
edit on 1/23/2012 by paxnatus because: Broken link

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I gave you a S&F yet I see this thread becoming another pro/anti kill tiny, beautiful,baby thread.
(betcha can't guess which way I lean)

But this does illustrate the disregard Obama has for human life.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here is the link to the article in my OP:CNSnews.com
Thanks,
Pax

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I applaud Obama for coming out, especially during an election cycle, to preserve the "right to choose" of women! OP, I couldn't disagree with you more. No one is trying to take away your right to give birth.

OP, you are looking at the world through rosey colored glasses. Not all women will make good moms, or will become better people for having given birth.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Motherhood is not for everyone..abortion should STAY SAFE AND LEGAL!

That said..I am a mother of two beautiful little girls--My husband and I were ready and willing and capable of having children and sharing our love. The adoption process is so complicated and very expensive..and there are many children that should not have been born..I would rather know that tissue was scraped from a womans uterus than to know that child be born in to a world of poverty, hate, hunger, sadness, ie...there are so many children that are unloved and abused..the thought of it breaks my heart.

flame if you must...but please don't take that right away from girls and women..because no matter what if the woman doesn't want the child she will find a way to dispose of it..safe or not.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

The way I see it is if ladies want to fulfill their dreams without having to deal with the burden of raising a child, then don't get laid without making sure you're either on birth control or the guy is wearing a condom. Like that poster said, what about the dreams of the unborn daughters?

But of course abortion is a touchy issue and people will always disagree on it. People view it differenty, so I try to not get into too many arguments over this subject.
edit on 23-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The government has no business legislating this. It is and always has been between a woman and her doctor.

Kudos for having the courage to do the right thing Mr. President.

link   
i may still be young and i would rather wait till im older before i have kids, but if i were to get pregnant, their is no way i could ever get an abortion, i wouldn't be able to live with myself after. to kill a human just because its "inconvenient" is just murder

link   
Really? Obama said, "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"???

You have the gall to put that in quotes? That's just a lie. He didn't say that.

link   
What about birth control and condoms? Self Control? Family planning?

Oh thats right. Obama wants to keep spreading crotch rot. Got it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yeah actually the quote was longer.

But he did.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Obama - "Abortion Enables Our Daughters To Fulfill Their Dreams"
Obama's Daughter - "Daddy, what does that mean?"

Obama - "It means when you grow up never think about contraception, you can be as promiscuous as you want, this should be your dream"

Obama's Daughter - "But what about responsibility daddy?"

Obama - "Pshh.. I'm a constituational lawyer and now president of the U.S., what do I care about responsibility
"

Obama's daughter - "But i'm your daughter"

Obama - "stop talking, election time coming up, I need to pander to the mindless progressives"

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

How about if we insist that every young man get a reverseable vasectomy at puberty?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

...or they can just slap some rubber on their johnson and still have the ability to ejaculate whenever they want

edit on 23-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

what about the pharmacist that are "pro-life" and won't/don't dose out birth control either..I just love those stories on the news..some insurance companies don't want to have to cover birth control either..duh--dee-de-dee...what about the church? No birth control and no abortion..what exactly DO PRO-LIFERS want? Either you have to dish out all the birth control women want/need-Keep abortion or better yet STFU and go breed like the duggars

link   
reply to post by windword

A star for you, I am pro abortion and to keep our rights as women to rule over our reproductives rights, no government, no religious freak or zealous anti abortion believers should make laws or dictate what women out to do with their wombs.

We Women are not machines or robots and neither should we have our body parts regulated.

So like you, I may no be an Obama follower but I have to give him credit for protecting my rights to my body under the existing laws.

even when the quote about what he said is a lie

And the hell with those that wants to regulate my body like it was a peace of machinery.

link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Then those ladies can buy a box of condoms and stick them in their purse.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

“While this is a sensitive and often divisive issue -- no matter what our views, we must stay united in our determination to prevent unintended pregnancies, support pregnant woman and mothers, reduce the need for abortion, encourage healthy relationships, and promote adoption,” Obama said.

cnsnews.com...

No mention of contraception at all

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join