It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to call it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If your mind could absorb the memory of others' lifetimes, to provide you with a massive, world life experience that makes sense to you, what would that be called?

My deepest thought is this:

Now I do buy that the mind's eye (which I buy is the genuine you) can split into up to a countless number of lives and then mend right back together as a way to gather all the real memories (and life experiences) from seperate lifetimes into one.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Highlander

and there can only be one

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
If your mind could absorb the memory of others' lifetimes, to provide you with a massive, world life experience that makes sense to you, what would that be called?

My deepest thought is this:

Now I do buy that the mind's eye (which I buy is the genuine you) can split into up to a countless number of lives and then mend right back together as a way to gather all the real memories (and life experiences) from seperate lifetimes into one.

Legilimens...or something like that.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Ya know, I learned that in high school, but forgot it. I'll have to google it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Diablerie, or at least, as a vampire power, that's the typical term for absorbing the memories and abilities of the victim.

Legilimency is the name for it in the Harry Potter universe, and as a Latin-based term, it's actually a pretty good one for the ability.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It seems to me that, when we are born, we are a separate thread in the whole tapestry, and when we die, we see how interwoven we are with every other thread, that creates the whole cloth of existence. Dying allows us to reabsorb everything and every experience that birth makes us forget.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

The gestalt Human Consciousness theory...

I tend to think there is something to that...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I was just thinking, if you could steal somebody's body from within while casting them out from within, and steal their memory/life experience, and carry on their lifetime but your way though then on, that would be sooooo dope!

Behold in what watch a thief could come.

"Matthew 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up."

^Doesn't mean he himself would not have suffered his body to be broken up like from within by the thief.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Diablerie, or at least, as a vampire power, that's the typical term for absorbing the memories and abilities of the victim.

Legilimency is the name for it in the Harry Potter universe, and as a Latin-based term, it's actually a pretty good one for the ability.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I guess that sounds about right for it.

Legilimency.
edit on 23-1-2012 by WarJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I agree. I believe the correct term would be a gestalt of conscienceness.
Webster dictionary defines Gestalt as: a structure, configuration, or pattern of physical, biological, or psychological phenomena so integrated as to constitute a functional unit with properties not derivable by summation of its parts.
I'd like to combine Gestalt with a favorite RA Heinlein term: Grok (or Groking).

Gestalt Groking.
Let me know what you think.

new topics

top topics

join