It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Senator Mark Kirk has suffered a stroke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Mark Kirk is the Senator that won Obama's old Senate seat. The good news is that It sounds like it was a minor stroke and they are expecting him to recover.

www.chicagotribune.com...

On Saturday, Senator Kirk checked himself into Lake Forest Hospital, where doctors discovered a carotid artery dissection in the right side of his neck," his office said in a statement.

"He was transferred to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago, where further tests revealed that he had suffered an ischemic stroke," it said. "Early this morning, the senator underwent surgery to relieve swelling around his brain stemming from the stroke. The surgery was successful.

"Due to his young age, good health and the nature of the stroke, doctors are very confident in the Senator's recovery over the weeks ahead."

Let's put politics aside and wish the Senator a speedy and full recovery.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I have to make this point you guys..

Imagine if you didn't have health care... if you had a stroke, Who would help you? =[

He is a very lucky man. There a lot of Americans who aren't so lucky.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
I'm sorry but I have to make this point you guys..

Imagine if you didn't have health care... if you had a stroke, Who would help you? =[

He is a very lucky man. There a lot of Americans who aren't so lucky.

Even if you don't have health care you can still go to the ER and receive care.

So I am not sure you understand the American Health Care system

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

You've never been to a big city hospital friend. They'll turn ya away if your having a heart attack. LoL have you been in an ER thats over crowded? Its intense. People literally fight for their lives...

Also I'm not gonna debate healthcare in this thread, I just wanted to point out how lucky this guy is that he can get good help fast!
edit on 23-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
You've never been to a big city hospital friend. They'll turn ya away if your having a heart attack. LoL have you been in an ER thats over crowded? Its intense. People literally fight for their lives...

If they turn you away, they're probably turning you away illegally. The 1986 EMTALA act forces participating hospitals, which is virtually all of them, to provide emergency medical treatment to stabilize a patient regardless of that patient's ability to pay.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Oh my
i wish Senator Mark Kirk a speedy recovery i have to say aswell he is very lucky its a minor stroke i guess the cause of the stroke could be stress.

Stress is widely known to cause a stroke more then anything.

new topics

top topics

join