It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a difference between warm energy and cool energy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Basically the title is the subject of this post. I have felt both, and created both. Each one feels somewhat different in terms of what it accomplishes. What I'm curious about is whether there truly is a difference as to where the energy originates, and what sort of experiences people have had with each.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

Each one feels somewhat different in terms of what it accomplishes.

This actually leads into my explanation...

I think warm energy is energy that carries so much heat, your body absorbs some of it. Cold energy, however, has a lower vibration or frequency than your body, which means it will leech some of your heat...

This relates to the physics claim that when you touch something cold, you are actually feeling the heat leave your own flesh...same with touching something hot: your body is drawing the heat into itself.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
lol no my friend, and heres why.

Warm and Cold are both actually just "Warm"

Just because water freezes, doesn't mean its practically cold. Actually 32 Degrees is pretty warm, considering it could be Absolute 0, or -459 degrees F. (Which is impossible in this Universe, because at a certain point the atoms would stop vibrating, Which means they cease to exist, in this universe anyways. (yes I'm aware thats extremely complicated))

Even though water may look "frozen solid" its anything butt! The atoms are still bouncing all over the place! All energy is vibrations. Thats how you should look at it, as opposed to hot or cold.
edit on 23-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

And the reason we "feel" hot and cold is because we are made of water. We wouldn't want to boil ourselves, or freeze ourselves! So we've developed these sensations known as... Hot and Cold.
edit on 23-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Energy is the vibration of molecules

Hot molecules vibrate faster than cold molecules

Hence, hot things are more energetic than cold things

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Probably a couple of degrees I would have thought.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acedrew89
Basically the title is the subject of this post. I have felt both, and created both. Each one feels somewhat different in terms of what it accomplishes. What I'm curious about is whether there truly is a difference as to where the energy originates, and what sort of experiences people have had with each.

May I ask why you're asking?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

Energy is the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems. It is not an entity.

It is an indirectly observed quantity, a concept. A way to explain and measure work done.

So no, it isn't different because it's hot or cold, because it can not be either.

top topics

join