It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Al-Qaeda" Releases Video Showing U.S. Troops in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The claims of this video being filmed in Yemen cannot be verified so any opinions are welcome. I was not aware of American troops being deployed in Yemen so this was surprising. My web search only came up with a mention of drone strikes but no ground troops. The troops in the video definitely look American, and the background does appear to be Sanaa.

Al-Qaeda in Yemen has issued a video that claims to show American soldiers guarding a building in the heart of Yemeni capital Sanaa.

There could be a few reasons why U.S. troops might be there. If I had to take a guess I would say that the announcement of "Al-Qaeda" taking over a town last week.

Al-Qaeda terrorists seize control of city in Yemen

Dozens of al-Qaeda militants Sunday morning seized a city in Yemen’s southeastern province of al-Bayda. The al-Qaeda members — backed by armored vehicles — stormed the al- Bayda province overnight, taking control over the Radda city from all surrounding entrances and directions.

A small security barrack in the city was unable to confront the storming campaign of the well-armed groups and the police forces didn’t show any kind of resistance, according to a report in the Israeli media.

The reports are coming out of Israel though so who knows what we should believe. Are any American members of ATS officially aware of U.S. troops in Yemen?
edit on 23-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: video

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
its the True location of "The Arc of the Covenant"
Is the grid of the building known. I will find the grid of where one source says the Arc is.
15.24'15.N
45.21'21.03E
obviously not the place in question
edit on 23-1-2012 by rebellender because: added content

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The reason we would be involved in Yemen has nothing to do with some silly arc.

Has a lot to due with the fact Yemen sits on the busiest oil channel in the world.
edit on 23-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If it is Yemen the video is from they are likely with some special ops team from the US. There has been a covert use of special forces in Yemen for awhile now...

Note - article below is from last year.

U.S. military teams, intelligence deeply involved in aiding Yemen on strikes

The operations, approved by President Obama and begun six weeks ago, involve several dozen troops from the U.S. military's clandestine Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC), whose main mission is tracking and killing suspected terrorists.

This was from last year - so I'm guessing it could have expanded by now.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

I never thought of that, but I have heard rumors of it being kept in Yemen. Anything's possible so I will keep an open mind. My guess is that they're there to protect certain political interests such as the people they're trying to keep in power. It is surprising that they used uniformed soldiers versus mercs dressed in civies. They must not be worried about hiding their presence.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

That article is actually 2 years old, but like you said this could be an expansion of that mission. I just find it odd that they would be bundled up in a hotel right in the middle of the city. Perhaps that location was necessary for their operations...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Glad some people are so Clairvoyant as to The Arc being Silly ...The town I remember to my comment is Mar'ib
ADDED:
some might think this article pertains to the ever Zionist vs.Islam movement. At any rate it is good read, also it was written the same 2yrs ago
edit on 23-1-2012 by rebellender because: added content

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact
The reason we would be involved in Yemen has nothing to do with some silly arc.

Has a lot to due with the fact Yemen sits on the busiest oil channel in the world.
edit on 23-1-2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

More like setting up a new "Green Zone"

Dont think a rifle in the world could protect the channel from that Hotel

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I thought they were there for the Stargate...

www.stargateuniverse.net...

The Ark is there too? Not to be confused with Noah's Ark of course, where he crashed landed into a mountain of which the wooden remains exist to this day.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Isn't their a US Embassy in Yemen? If so, aren't they allow to guard to place?

(Serious Question)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I don't think the embassy would be located in the "Sheraton Hotel". Maybe there were important diplomats staying there or perhaps it's part of the "buffer zone" surrounding the embassy. I will look up the location of the U.S. embassy in Yemen to see if I can a connection.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
They do not look American to me and if they were US Special Operations they would not be dressed how they are. I wouldn't doubt it if we have been or are in Yemen but as far as this video goes I wouldn't put my money on those particular soldiers being Americans. Looks nothing like our military.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Another thought - they could also be private security or mercs. Its certainly not unheard of. Goodness knows there were / are tons of them floating around Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. It could be as simple as hired muscle to protect visiting business people and other VIPs.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Isn't their a US Embassy in Yemen? If so, aren't they allow to guard to place?

(Serious Question)

US Marine Embassy Guards DO NOT patrol neighborhoods.
[Serious Answer]

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

There is a U.S. embassy in Yemen

This site is managed by the U.S. Department of State

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Has anyone been able to confirm whether or not those uniforms appear to be American or not?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sitting duck. If Al Queda could shoot you in a video clip you are just as well done for. Who's on guard duty at the gates?..Mon..Tues...Wed...etc...just like russian roulette. You never know when the flying penis would come flying in.

new topics

top topics

join