It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 families against US action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The 9/11 families clearly sided with the anti war /anti occupation movement

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Just goes to show you that some people will never be persuaded into looking at all the facts. These people lost family members in the 9/11 attacks, and they still don't want to stop terrorists.

Just shows you what happens when one of the left or right wings gets into your head.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I understand what you mean. Still, these people are the one the most affected by terrorism. That is perhaps why they really had to face the issue and ultimately find out that bombs create, and not destroy terrorism and antiamericanism...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
True. You can't destroy terrorism.(or racism) You have to let them learn for themselves that it is bad.

But that's hard, because they are taught their whole life to believe it's good.

dom

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Of course, attacking Iraq is only loosely based on terrorism (just felt I should point that out).

The other thing is that you've got to examine why the terrorist attacks occured. If you end up at the point of view that says the attacks were the result of an arrogant US foreign policy, then you have to say that attacking Iraq without regional support, or worldwide support, or even your allies support, is probably not going to be viewed very positively, and potentially will increase terrorism.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
is hardly like saying all 911 victims are against the war (which is what the article is trying to imply)... Look at the source, and you'll have the reasons why...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's just more anti-war propaganda.

I'd hate for us to end up being pacifists like the last few wars.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I really can't see how anyone can list Aljazeera as a credible source after what we've had proven about them in the last couple of weeks. How the hell would they know how the families of the 911 victims feel? You people have to realize that just because some crazy Arab sits all night thinking this crap up, that it doesn't make it true.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
is a pretty rare bird...

Sometimes, it actually has some good, and though biased, accurate information.

However, it also has articles like the one cited in this thread, that are based strictly on taking things out of context, to reinforce thier point of view.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
How can Aljazeera be considered credible when it never reported any infomation in respect to torture chambers and the many civilains killed by the Iraqi Regime over the last 25 years???

They should all be fired as suporters of atrocities

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Being a victim doesn't give you amazing insight on the truth, nor does it make you a grand national defense policy-maker.
*yawn*

new topics

join