It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Families Of Soldiers Not amused

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
There is no excuse to get down to insulting people.

I am only stating the fact that people are taking comments and using them completely out of context.

Context always matters. The reality you are in denial of is that he doesn't believe they were sent for a lie. He didn't send them "to their deaths"- that implies specific intent to get them killed. He wanted them to go over and fight a war. If he lined them up on the street and shot them it would be a very different thing.

You are completely overlooking the point of the event if you are nieve enough to believe the original posts. And again, maybe you need to seriously lighten up and stop taking everything seriously. Not all of life is meant to be serious. If you can't understand this, you are what's really wrong with society.

Originally posted by muppet
spacedoubt & blanketgirl... you're as sick your dumbf*ck president if you think sending over 1000 soldiers to their deaths for a lie is funny, in ANY CONTEXT.

then again their are some sick people here on ats I'm not really surprised.
[edit on 14/9/04 by muppet]

[edit on 14/9/04 by muppet]

For those of you who think it's so much easier to just yell out "republican!" because I defend someone-

I AM NOT REPUBLICAN, NOR DO I LIKE BUSH.

But I will always defend someone who is being badmouthed when it is little more than ignorance that feeds the arguement against him.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If Kerry is elected everyone here who hates Bush will start hating Kerry,
because most who rail against Bush, hate America.
[edit on 04/9/14 by GradyPhilpott]

In your opionion, right Grady ? It is so nice to know that you can read other peoples minds
, just as you think you know what John Kerry will and won't do,....... hummmmmm, do you work for Kerry, do you personally KNOW John Kerry, have you ever taken the time to listen to what Kerry has to say or gone to one of his campaign rallies ? I doubt it.

One other thing. Who are you to say "who hates America and who doesn't"??? Being a Bush supporter DOES NOT give you or anyone else that supports Bush the "right" to condemn other's for their dislike of Bush and what he has done to OUR country (USA) and to the Iraqi citizens.
I Love my country (USA), and I enjoy the "rights" and "liberties" that is afforded to all Americans, I have the "Right" to voice my opionion just as anyone else does, that doesn't make me un-American or to be told that I hate America,....... just because I do not like George Bush or his distortion of facts, his politics that has disunited American citizens or the UN.

Bush supports - divisive, distort,ruination,rupturing all bonds with the UN,.... the list goes on and on.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl
(1)

The reality you are in denial of is that he doesn't believe they were sent for a lie.

(2)

He wanted them to go over and fight a war.

(3)

If he lined them up on the street and shot them it would be a very different thing.

1) The reality is,....... Bush used the attack of 9/11 on America as the excuse to start a war with Iraq for his own selfish reasons. Bush KNOWS that our troops were sent because of his lies, he knew and thousands died.
2) Bush ordered them to go to war, that Bush started.
3) George Bush might as well as lined US troops and Iraqi citizens up on the streets and "shot them", it stll would have had the same "out-come", because G W Bush & Co are at fault for whats been going on, their the people that ordered the attack on Iraq.

There is no way for Bush to side-step his irresponsible behavior since taking office,.... period

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Context always matters. The reality you are in denial of is that he doesn't believe they were sent for a lie. He didn't send them "to their deaths"- that implies specific intent to get them killed. He wanted them to go over and fight a war. If he lined them up on the street and shot them it would be a very different thing.

You are completely overlooking the point of the event if you are nieve enough to believe the original posts. And again, maybe you need to seriously lighten up and stop taking everything seriously. Not all of life is meant to be serious. If you can't understand this, you are what's really wrong with society.

blanketgirl. I realise you're not getting it, so I'm probably wasting my time... but there is no context in which it is reasonable for a president, who DID send people to die (that's what sending people to was is after all. deaths are expected), making jokes about it. I can't think of any western leader who would even DREAM about making joke about it. None have made jokes about it. they would be forced to resign instantly.

Don't tell em to lighten up. It IS sick, and YOU are part of the problem for supporting him for making such statements.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Amazing how different hindsight is-
Regardless of whether we found what we thought we were invading for- the Iraqi government still was a threat to us because they have been harboring and aiding groups who pose a direct threat. It's like if I paid somebody to attack you and when you confront me I say "well yeah, but I didn't do it myself"

Yes, he sent them to war. That was what I said. There still will always be a difference from sending someone to war and specifically sending them to die. He sent them to fight and hopefully win a conflict. Yes, some are going to die but the deaths we've faced in this conflict have thus far been extremely minimal.

No, That statement in itself does not belittle individuals who died, just comments that there haven't been nearly as many of them dying as normal wars would have.

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
1) The reality is,....... Bush used the attack of 9/11 on America as the excuse to start a war with Iraq for his own selfish reasons. Bush KNOWS that our troops were sent because of his lies, he knew and thousands died.
2) Bush ordered them to go to war, that Bush started.
3) George Bush might as well as lined US troops and Iraqi citizens up on the streets and "shot them", it stll would have had the same "out-come", because G W Bush & Co are at fault for whats been going on, their the people that ordered the attack on Iraq.

There is no way for Bush to side-step his irresponsible behavior since taking office,.... period

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
blanketgirl. I realise you're not getting it, so I'm probably wasting my time... but there is no context in which it is reasonable for a president, who DID send people to die (that's what sending people to was is after all. deaths are expected), making jokes about it. I can't think of any western leader who would even DREAM about making joke about it. None have made jokes about it. they would be forced to resign instantly.

Don't tell em to lighten up. It IS sick, and YOU are part of the problem for supporting him for making such statements.

I do understand you perspective, but I can also see that you are not seeing from his perspective. You aren't looking at the thought process behind what was going on, but applying comments to your perspective and getting offended.

You would think (from what you've said) he was thinking "gee, I got people killed, how can I mock them?"

Reality is that from his POV, it was more like "well, we went to war and now everyone is making fun of me. I keep being picked on for not finding WMDs, so how can I join in on the fun for a night since that is what the night is made for?"
If a similar comic appeared with similar statements made in a newspaper, people would laugh at it and think it was funny, not offensive. I have actually seen similar comics drawn and never heard anyone complain about the poor soldiers... they just thought it was funny to poke at GW being stupid. Same thing he was doing.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If Kerry is elected everyone here who hates Bush will start hating Kerry, because most who rail against Bush, hate America.

You'd even have to wonder if they're even registered to vote? Maybe they can't because of they have felony convictions against them. Why can't people see that Bush is trying to look out for the security of this nation?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Regardless of whether we found what we thought we were invading for- the Iraqi government still was a threat to us because they have been harboring and aiding groups who pose a direct threat.

There have been very scant evidence (according to officials) that Saddam was harboring such group, especially on a scale that warrants virtual demolition of a country with ensuing death of thousands of civilians. If there was a "direct threat", I'm still waiting to hear about it. Stop living in a fantasy world.

The non-existant WMD is a bait and switch tactics of a cat saleman. Except it's so much more tragic, in case of Iraq. "Oh wait, but we are giving them freedom..." That was not part of the deal.

"Sorry ma'am we are out of toilet paper but can offer cotton balls"

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Why can't people see that Bush is trying to look out for the security of this nation?

Because they can clearly see that he's working against the security of this nation, maybe?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

Why can't people see that Bush is trying to look out for the security of this nation?

Because they can clearly see that he's working against the security of this nation, maybe?

Actually, like I said earlier, Bush has no idea what in the hell's going on, at all. He's a public face and a poor one at that, considering he needs pre-screend QandA's at Press Conferences, and it doesn't hurt if he's narced up, either. That's why he didn't even consider whether it'd be funny to perform the 'missing WMD' skit. He was asked to do it, and the concept of whether or not it's in good taste never passed through his brain.

As far as the security of the nation, the current administration is working for the future economic security of the nation. Considering they were the ones who committed 9/11, it's very difficult to say they are working against the security of the nation. They were the ones who attacked the nation.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Aelita,

How are you doing? I thought you were in MOCKBA?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

There have been very scant evidence (according to officials) that Saddam was harboring such group, especially on a scale that warrants virtual demolition of a country with ensuing death of thousands of civilians. If there was a "direct threat", I'm still waiting to hear about it. Stop living in a fantasy world.

What officials? You really need to stop replaying those Iraqi-bob assessments. The Russian president and intelligence warned American officials that Iraq was planning terrorist activity in the US how more direct do you wish. www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Reality is that from his POV, it was more like "well, we went to war and now everyone is making fun of me. I keep being picked on for not finding WMDs, so how can I join in on the fun for a night since that is what the night is made for?"

Sorry, but I disagree with this comment completely. That stupid Bass-turd sent our troops to Iraq for his own self-serving personal reasons, the so-called WMD story was a cover-up for the real reason's Bush wanted us over there.

I can actually hear Bush in a whinny voice saying,( quote from blanketgirl) "well we went to war and now everyone is making fun of me". "I keep being picked on for not finding WMDs".

The reason people talk about this "person's" mess that he caused, is not so they can make "fun" of him,......... it's because we're PI$$ED OFF that he dared to start a war OVER A LIE HE USED TO GET WHAT HE WANTED and because of HIS lying,... over a thousand US troops have been murdered and thousands of innocent Iraqi's have been killed, and all these deaths ARE Bush's doings.
There's nothing funny about it at all,

So how can "bush join in on the "FUN" for a night???
. Being shot at and killed / maimed, blown-up, and heads being cut-off, IS NOT my idea of "FUN",....... maybe Bush & CO and some Republicans may think that way,..... but the rest of the US citizens are NOT LAUGHING with HIM
:

Go talk to the MOTHER that had a SON killed over there, that was arrested at Laura Bush's conference (rally) , go ask that Lady if she thought George Bush's "skit" made her laugh or if she thought it was funny,......... she'd knock you into next month and beyond .
Only a Bush-lover would think that what Bush has been doing is "fine", but the world DOES NOT revolve around them or Bush, that is "why" there a "protest" going on,........ IT IS NOT "FINE",

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

There have been very scant evidence (according to officials) that Saddam was harboring such group,

i recall during the beginning of the war, the military bombed camps of terrorists in northern iraq, a group native to iraq with known al queda links.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
he freaking joked about the press and others responses about wmd, it had 0 to do with soldiers and if you cant see that, youre either looking for an excuse to judge and bash bush, plain dumb, or you dont understand what humor is.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If it turned out that tomorrow, WMD's were found.
Does that mean that GWB STILL sent soldiers to thier deaths?
Or NOW, does it mean that he sent them to fight a war?

How about this, is this funny?

They tell me I have to use the active voice for the resume. You know, things like "Commanded U.S. Armed Forces," "Ordered air strikes,"

Thats Bill Clinton a the Correspondents dinner in 2000. Jokes about
Air strikes, people died, get it? I supposed THATS DIFFERENT huh?
Or is it the same? I recall that there was an air strike on Iraq whenever
it was a big Lewinsky News day, often when Clinton was testifying..

airstrikes

Also, notice in the article that Clinton decides that the US might have to go it alone, without support from France, in its use of force..SOUND FAMILIAR!?
What were we going after with these airstikes? a Biological facility, of course! hmmmm

Double standard I guess, right?

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Double standard I guess, right?

don't forget we bombed europe without UN approval and bombed iraq for the whole 8 years almost daily without UN approval....but i think it's ok cause he was touching himself.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join