It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds Hoax by "Waterphone" - Check Out This Vid!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Like most unexplained phenomena (crop circles, UFO sitings, big foot, etc) there are undoubtedly large numbers of hoaxes associated with it. Some, I believe, are done intentionally to derail interest in and further investigation of the real phenomenon. In addition to the 'waterphone' noises, there are increasing reports from all over the world of odd omnidirectional hums or vibrations. The famous 'Taos Hum' has been significantly studied and no one has been able to determine its origin or cause. We can't throw out all the observations due to an overlay of hoaxes.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPhoenix
Hello. I have been reading here for at least a year but when I saw this thread I decided I wanted to reply to the OP and so I joined.

I am in Texas and I have personally heard the sound. It sounded like it was coming from the sky and coming from all directions. It lasted several minutes and was also heard by my husband. The sound in question was just like the sound in the Kiev video. It was loud and late at night. There were no other sounds to be heard. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and I had goosebumps. There is a Dam here and we have lived here a long time and have never heard any sound like this so I rule that out just from experiance.

Funny thing is I had a dream back in the 90's that I will never forget. It had trumpets and was coming from all directions in the sky BUT there was a voice in the dream that you could hear over the trumpets.

Though the video you posted is interesting I just do not believe that is what is causing the noise. If you ever hear it for yourself you will understand. I really do hope the source of the sound comes to light but I do not believe a Pastor or his followers are the ones making it.

I believe you. Your first post and it is another corroborating testimony. You get your first star too btw. Welcome to ATS! Officially.

When did you hear this thing? Was it back on the 12th when this story broke big?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Originally posted by BlackPhoenix
Hello. I have been reading here for at least a year but when I saw this thread I decided I wanted to reply to the OP and so I joined.

I am in Texas and I have personally heard the sound. It sounded like it was coming from the sky and coming from all directions. It lasted several minutes and was also heard by my husband. The sound in question was just like the sound in the Kiev video. It was loud and late at night. There were no other sounds to be heard. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and I had goosebumps. There is a Dam here and we have lived here a long time and have never heard any sound like this so I rule that out just from experiance.

Funny thing is I had a dream back in the 90's that I will never forget. It had trumpets and was coming from all directions in the sky BUT there was a voice in the dream that you could hear over the trumpets.

Though the video you posted is interesting I just do not believe that is what is causing the noise. If you ever hear it for yourself you will understand. I really do hope the source of the sound comes to light but I do not believe a Pastor or his followers are the ones making it.

I believe you. Your first post and it is another corroborating testimony. You get your first star too btw. Welcome to ATS! Officially.

When did you hear this thing? Was it back on the 12th when this story broke big?

Thank you.

We heard it back in mid September 2011. At that time the only video I had seen was the one from Florida and this sound was different than that. I remember someone here was gathering info on a map of all the places it had been heard.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
You can make it sound like a whale song too, so that must prove the whale's own one.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23

Why are people so skeptical about believing these sounds? Can't you just accept the wonder without jumping to conclusions?

Deny ignorance. Don't embrace it. Do you have any idea how naive you sound?

But denying ignorance with even more ignorance accomplishes nothing. By that I mean believing something is being hoaxed in such an outlandish way as to be almost impossible as is basically the case with the waterphone. It's interesting to know that something like that exists but it would be impossible for it to be the cause of all of the sky sounds if for no other reason than the varied locations they have been heard in.

I can't think of the name of it but there is/was a show on the syfy channel in America (for anyone who's not from there) where they investigated all kinds of paranormal events to try and see if they could debunk them and 75% of the time they'd come up with insane ways to replicate the event and then say that that was what happened. Just because you can replicate something doesn't mean that's the only way to do it. I can make a nice paper-mâché alien and video tape it but that doesn't mean that I filmed a real alien and therefore all aliens are made of paper-mâché,which is what the people from that show would probably claim.

EDIT: The name of the show was Fact or Faked: Paranormal Files.
edit on 23-1-2012 by AlphaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

Here's a map i just found. I don't know how recent it is but it definitely paints a picture

To me it looks like the sound is in the Atlantic rim. However, there hasn't been any earthquakes so I don't know about this being tectonic activity.
edit on 23-1-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well the sound I heard did NOT sound like this.
Also, the people who did hear similar sounds are just listening to someone play this unheard of instrument? All over the world?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

You might want to take a closer look either at your map or what the Pacific Rim is.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth
reply to post by FlySolo

You might want to take a closer look either at your map or what the Pacific Rim is.

lol yes, I notice that after.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

I havent heard the noise myself and like you can't just dive into a belief that would lead me to think the noise are real and connect with the supernatural.

I do however think this instrument, though eerily similar, is not what is heard in the videos I have seen. I say this only because of the high and thin noise it produces. There were some lower tones, but not as consistent or full.

Also, if this is one religous groups way of getting attention, then why do I not see them plugging their name on the boards where this is discussed?

I'm not sure what this sound is coming from I have theories, but they are a long shot (in fact this theory is closet I have read so bravo on that).

Until I hear it for myself, I will continue with Hume's skepticism.
Star though

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
reply to post by BlackPhoenix

Here's a map i just found. I don't know how recent it is but it definitely paints a picture

To me it looks like the sound is in the Atlantic rim. However, there hasn't been any earthquakes so I don't know about this being tectonic activity.
edit on 23-1-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

wow nothing coming out of africa, and barely anything from asia or australia.
hm

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The sound was also heard by a woman that I know for a period of time during night hours. She leaves in the same city as me. What is special is that she tried to get out of the bed -as the sound woke her up- and she could not move at all while the sound was heard. Later in the morning she meet with some female neighbors and asked them if they heard the sound, what she learned is that they lived the same exact situation the very same days. It only happened to women (hearing the sound and the inability to move themselves).

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
We live in the age of cheap, easily accessible and very powerful technology and half a dozen replies in this thread imply that everyone in the videos must have had a waterphone to make them a hoax.

Really guys?

Audacity, Garage Band... a handful of samples from the waterphone or any similar sound from a movie can easily be remixed, remastered and altered to approximate and create many of the sounds heard in the videos.

I've yet to hear these newer ones myself, and I'll remain skeptical until then. Unfortunately for all of us, in this age it would take but maybe two or three waterphones to effectively hoax an entire phenomena.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

OR

one waterphone played in similar but distinct ways and dubbed to videos.
Just playing devils advocate. There are multiple ways this could be a hoax. Thats why I'm waiting to hear it myself before I make a decision.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

Yeah, that was the point of my post; It wouldn't be as difficult as people believe to hoax these.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

You seem to have the impression that I completely believe the OP video. I believe the OP is proof of concept that college students with access to audio equipment could make a sound like this extremely loud. Would it be loud enough to spook people the way these noises have? I'm no audio technician so I wouldn't honestly know.

The point of my original post was this, however:

Can't you just accept the wonder without jumping to conclusions?

This statement bothers me. I've heard pastors say things like this when I ask questions about religion. This is a statement people use so that others will stop asking questions. It's a red flag, to me, that whoever is making the statement either has something to gain, or delights in misinformation.

This board operates on members who jump to conclusions about things. Whether it's good or bad, it sparks a debate which leaves everyone with enough information to come to their own conclusions, or to research more answers. If we all just accepted the wonder, no one would have anything thought provoking to say.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thing is, last year the sound was actually "travelling" down the northern strip of the East Coast US. Now from what I understand, it's just random. Without a doubt, this instrument could be used in some of the instances.

Say for example, somebody in your general area may have a waterphone, and decides to mess with some peeps at 3:00am in the morning. Quickly resorting to the "Doppler Effect" it lets us know that the subject may be a little while away or some closer if it is louder. So those vids you see with the very "faint" sound would probably fit in that category.

Another thing to point out in defense of the sounds... Those live reporters during the baseball game. Surely they wouldn't talk about such rubbish during a baseball game, it would have to really be happening since it could possibly have an effect on the game or effect on the audio. To be heard over the crowd is something serious. Can't be a waterphone in that case.

I've never heard the sounds myself, so idk. If I do hear the sounds, I want it to be some Hanz Zimmer bass coming from the sky with enough decibels to break car windows. Now that's hardcore proof.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by klhbrown
Since there hasn't been much about the sky sounds on ATS lately, I did a Google news search to see if there were any new reports in the semi-MSM. I found the following article and video.
Apparently, there's an obsure instrument called a "waterphone." It is the EXACT same sound as the Kiev video. Not just "similar" or "sort of" or "kind of" - it's the exact same scary as # sound. Leaves me wondering who the F would choose to play that instrument!

www.examiner.com...

On January 22, 2012, a man from New Decade Production broke the news that the strange UFO sounds being reported from around the world were low tones being played on an obscure musical instrument called a waterphone. This man proved his theory by producing a video of himself recreating the strange sounds using the instrument.

I came across another article that a religious group may be behind this to pump up their following for the "coming apocolypse."

www.ufodigest.com...

In each instance of my investigation into the sounds, the name Paul Begley seemed to keep coming up. This man is Pastor at Community Gospel Baptist Church in Knox, Indiana. Paul Begley has built an enormous presence on the internet, preaching "End of Days" Gospel Revelations, and trying to tie both natural and human world events into evidence of a coming Apocalypse. He also mentions UFOs, extraterrestrials and related content in his internet sermons. The strange sounds are a major topic of his rhetoric for end of days preaching, and come as too great of a tool to legitimize his prophecy. Thus, the chances that he and other members of his religious organization are deliberately releasing videos of this sound are too great to ignore.

His birthplace is hard to locate but I located it to be Kyev, Ukraine. This is most interesting, since the very first video containing the sounds supposedly came from Kiev, Ukraine.

Thoughts, ASTers? A lot of folks still seem to be rejecting these ideas since they've heard sounds in person.

ADDED INFO:
I completely agree that it's not a total dismissal of the sounds, as many ATS members have heard them with their own ears. Just a theory. Maybe a vain attempt to make myself feel better because this new "sound phenomenon" scares the # out of me. I have yet to hear these sounds with my own ears, but the day I do I the day I start digging a bunker under the basement. Lol.
Furthermore, the "waterphone theory" does not dismiss the different kinds of sounds being heard - only sounds similar to those in the Kiev and Conklin videos. People have reported rumblings and "jet in place" sounds. Again, this doesn't debunk those. Just a theory for the scariest of sounds - the mechanical War of The Worlds sounds.
The "waterphone theory" does not address to volume of the sounds that folks have heard in person. It does address the fact that if some of the videos are being hoaxed, an instrument such as this one may be being played in the background. It has been brought up time and time again on ATS that some of these videos are hoaxed by dubbing the Kiev sound into new videos, hence the same birds and background noise. The "waterphone theory" simply implies that maybe the first Kiev video was made with a waterphone and then copied and dubbed to new videos. I'm not saying everybody and their brother are running around with waterphones these days. However, the instrument really isn't that rare. They're used on almost any movie set and you can probabky buy one on Ebay for $20.

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Damn links never work

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

Ah great so the weird sounds that seem to come from the skies lately in my village are a marketing stunt?
You have a e-mail so I can ask them to stop? It is getting very irritating, broke to coffee mugs last weekend because of their "marketing stunt".

edit on 23-1-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Interesting, but I don't believe this is what is causing these strange sounds being heard all over the world. For a start the instrument would need to be 20 times louder.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Perhaps the similarity in the sounds (Mr. Waterphone vs. the actual phenomenon, which is actually happening) are indicative of some sort of physical similarity between the two causes. Imagine if you will long columns of one type of possibly-metallic rock, miles long, embedded deep in a subduction zone, and moving plates grinding across them like a bow, making them vibrate exactly like a waterphone. Perhaps whatever is really going on is just like the waterphone, but a million times larger and louder and more eerie. (Ever heard of "As above, so below"?) How about it, debunkers? Does an explanation that grounded in science and totally lacking any supernatural or human-caused elements appeal to you more? Did I just do away with the necessity to "take it on faith?" Did I provoke thought?

Of course... that begs the question: what tectonic plate movements could be responsible for it somewhere like the American East Coast, where there are supposedly no fault lines? Or are there...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join