It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds Hoax by "Waterphone" - Check Out This Vid!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Since there hasn't been much about the sky sounds on ATS lately, I did a Google news search to see if there were any new reports in the semi-MSM. I found the following article and video.
Apparently, there's an obsure instrument called a "waterphone." It is the EXACT same sound as the Kiev video. Not just "similar" or "sort of" or "kind of" - it's the exact same scary as # sound. Leaves me wondering who the F would choose to play that instrument!

www.examiner.com...

On January 22, 2012, a man from New Decade Production broke the news that the strange UFO sounds being reported from around the world were low tones being played on an obscure musical instrument called a waterphone. This man proved his theory by producing a video of himself recreating the strange sounds using the instrument.

I came across another article that a religious group may be behind this to pump up their following for the "coming apocolypse."

www.ufodigest.com...

In each instance of my investigation into the sounds, the name Paul Begley seemed to keep coming up. This man is Pastor at Community Gospel Baptist Church in Knox, Indiana. Paul Begley has built an enormous presence on the internet, preaching "End of Days" Gospel Revelations, and trying to tie both natural and human world events into evidence of a coming Apocalypse. He also mentions UFOs, extraterrestrials and related content in his internet sermons. The strange sounds are a major topic of his rhetoric for end of days preaching, and come as too great of a tool to legitimize his prophecy. Thus, the chances that he and other members of his religious organization are deliberately releasing videos of this sound are too great to ignore.

His birthplace is hard to locate but I located it to be Kyev, Ukraine. This is most interesting, since the very first video containing the sounds supposedly came from Kiev, Ukraine.

Thoughts, ASTers? A lot of folks still seem to be rejecting these ideas since they've heard sounds in person.

ADDED INFO:
I completely agree that it's not a total dismissal of the sounds, as many ATS members have heard them with their own ears. Just a theory. Maybe a vain attempt to make myself feel better because this new "sound phenomenon" scares the # out of me. I have yet to hear these sounds with my own ears, but the day I do I the day I start digging a bunker under the basement. Lol.
Furthermore, the "waterphone theory" does not dismiss the different kinds of sounds being heard - only sounds similar to those in the Kiev and Conklin videos. People have reported rumblings and "jet in place" sounds. Again, this doesn't debunk those. Just a theory for the scariest of sounds - the mechanical War of The Worlds sounds.
The "waterphone theory" does not address to volume of the sounds that folks have heard in person. It does address the fact that if some of the videos are being hoaxed, an instrument such as this one may be being played in the background. It has been brought up time and time again on ATS that some of these videos are hoaxed by dubbing the Kiev sound into new videos, hence the same birds and background noise. The "waterphone theory" simply implies that maybe the first Kiev video was made with a waterphone and then copied and dubbed to new videos. I'm not saying everybody and their brother are running around with waterphones these days. However, the instrument really isn't that rare. They're used on almost any movie set and you can probabky buy one on Ebay for $20.

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: Damn links never work

edit on 23-1-2012 by klhbrown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
What if the aliens were playing the Waterphone for us? Maybe they were wanting to share their music with Earthlings?

Figured I'd say it before someone else did. Good find, sounds more like the sound than the Mass Effect game, though that one was pretty damn close too.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by klhbrown

I can't wait for my roommate to get up. He was convinced about the sounds. I'll play this without letting him see the vid.

Hoax revealed. Great job man.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I am not hearing it. Either way this is like saying bird songs come from flutes and footsteps come from drums.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
awesome find!

never heard of that thing but i recognize the sound effects it makes, like when he went all the way around it with the bow, it made a classic hollywood dream sequence or creepy effect you would hear in an older movie..

it does sound just like the sky sounds, and the reapers from mass effect, and war of the worlds lol

edit on 23-1-2012 by spaceg0at because: video

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
A piece of the puzzle certainly; but it's not an immediate dismissal of the sounds.

I do however want a waterphone now, I swear I can hear ever creepy ambient sound in every scary movie ever made in that thing.
edit on 1/23/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You know, a lot of these people posted videos where the only way those sounds could be an instrument is if the instrument were being played by Goliath.

When there isn't any of these in sight (and I have a hard time believing a "waterphone" to be a common household item) it's a bit more difficult to explain.

Why are people so skeptical about believing these sounds? Can't you just accept the wonder without jumping to conclusions? I like the imagination behind it, but ruining it with all these debunking is just ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
that's a cool instrument , must take some talent to play it......infact what was the person who invented it smoking in order to discover it made music...and what other strange contraptions did he stroke with his bow to see if it could make music??

great find

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Its very similar, but I dont completely buy it.... one thing I am missing is the sheer volume of the sounds in the youtube vids.... unless it was one massive "waterphone" offcourse

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
yep, I am going to say the video in the op is hoax. I do not see how the waterphone could be making those sounds.

link   

Originally posted by faceoff85
Its very similar, but I dont completely buy it.... one thing I am missing is the sheer volume of the sounds in the youtube vids.... unless it was one massive "waterphone" offcourse

i remember reading on the forum here that the videos never show a full 360 view. meaning there could be sound equipment behind the camera that we never see.

i just remember reading that here,
i believe in the "mass effect 3 viral marketing is behind the mystery sounds" thread or something like that

link   
Unless someone has one of these near me, hoax not revealed.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I don't know. I was skeptical when I first heard it on YT but I've also been to many forums and read most of the comments left on YT. There are a lot of people who are corroborating they have heard it for themselves. Even in my home town of Winnipeg. Let' s not forget all of Costa Rica.

Another thing that puzzles me is the story about the religious fanatics producing this. What are the chances that there are two different groups hoaxing the same thing at the same time? More disinfo to muddy the waters perhaps?

The waterphone seems to work much like a tuning fork does.

The way a tuning fork's vibrations interact with the surrounding air is what causes sound to form. When a tuning fork's tines are moving away from one another, it pushes surrounding air molecules together, forming small, high-pressure areas known as compressions. When the tines snap back toward each other, they suck surrounding air molecules apart, forming small, low-pressure areas known as rarefactions. The result is a steady collection of rarefactions and compressions that, together, form a sound wave.

Just because this instrument creates the same lasting frequency the tuning fork does, doesn't necessarily mean it is the only possible explanation. Once you understand the science behind the fork, then it is reasonable to assume this is not an isolated and limited way to create this sound. Anything could cause this phenomenon provided the same conditions are met.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
A piece of the puzzle certainly; but it's not an immediate dismissal of the sounds.

I do however want a waterphone now, I swear I can hear ever creepy ambient sound in every scary movie ever made in that thing.
edit on 1/23/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

I completely agree that it's not a total dismissal of the sounds, as many ATS members have heard them with their own ears. Just a theory. Maybe a vain attempt to make myself feel better because this new "sound phenomenon" scares the # out of me. I have yet to hear these sounds with my own ears, but the day I do I the day I start digging a bunker under the basement. Lol.
Furthermore, the "waterphone theory" does not dismiss the different kinds of sounds being heard - only sounds similar to those in the Kiev and Conklin videos. People have reported rumblings and "jet in place" sounds. Again, this doesn't debunk those. Just a theory for the scariest of sounds - the mechanical War of The Worlds sounds.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Why are people so skeptical about believing these sounds? Can't you just accept the wonder without jumping to conclusions?

Deny ignorance. Don't embrace it. Do you have any idea how naive you sound?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamer99
reply to post by Starchild23

Why are people so skeptical about believing these sounds? Can't you just accept the wonder without jumping to conclusions?

Deny ignorance. Don't embrace it. Do you have any idea how naive you sound?

Deny ignorance can be used both ways. That motto is soooo over used.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
While watching this video (insert sarcasm) my whole house was rumbling and neighbours came out running out of there houses wondering where the sound is coming from.....So it can make noises that are kinda similar, but what about the "rumbling""shaking ground"? does it do that to?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hello. I have been reading here for at least a year but when I saw this thread I decided I wanted to reply to the OP and so I joined.

I am in Texas and I have personally heard the sound. It sounded like it was coming from the sky and coming from all directions. It lasted several minutes and was also heard by my husband. The sound in question was just like the sound in the Kiev video. It was loud and late at night. There were no other sounds to be heard. The hair stood up on the back of my neck and I had goosebumps. There is a Dam here and we have lived here a long time and have never heard any sound like this so I rule that out just from experiance.

Funny thing is I had a dream back in the 90's that I will never forget. It had trumpets and was coming from all directions in the sky BUT there was a voice in the dream that you could hear over the trumpets.

Though the video you posted is interesting I just do not believe that is what is causing the noise. If you ever hear it for yourself you will understand. I really do hope the source of the sound comes to light but I do not believe a Pastor or his followers are the ones making it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
true it sounds like the sounds being hear but its not really bang on.. its a rare instrument so do all the these people have one ? also it dosnt take into account how the sound sounds like its coming from all over/ the sky.. you can hear the back ground sounds of cars, birds ect... so do all these people have sound software mixing desks.
id be more impressed with the op video if the guy with the instrument did a video like the ones we are all seeing but no they sat down with it and "it sounds like it" so do glasses of water being played with your finger around the rim and tuning forks...
edit on 23-1-2012 by rikgrimsby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I kinda thought it was a big houx.
I bet people played it over big car steros.
I have a good bass speaker I think I will play it tonight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join