It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've found passages in the "Book of Mormon" that suggest conspiracy of Catholic Church

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
First off, let me begin by stating that I believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God. I know not everyone agrees with that, especially those on this site. I also realize that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has been accused of being a conspiracy itself. But, that being said, I find these passages to be very enlightening, especially when you consider that were translated by 14 year old, obscure boy back in the 1800's.

These first passages, I believe, is referring to the Catholic church:

5 And the angel said unto me: Behold the formation of a church which is most abominable above all other churches, which slayeth the saints of God, yea, and tortureth them and bindeth them down, and yoketh them with a yoke of iron, and bringeth them down into captivity. 6 And it came to pass that I beheld this great and abominable church; and I saw the devil that he was the founder of it. 7 And I also saw gold, and silver, and silks, and scarlets, and fine-twined linen, and all manner of precious clothing; and I saw many harlots. 8 And the angel spake unto me, saying: Behold the gold, and the silver, and the silks, and the scarlets, and the fine-twined linen, and the precious clothing, and the harlots, are the desires of this great and abominable church.

And these next passages, I believe, are referring to the Holy Bible:

23 And he said: Behold it proceedeth out of the mouth of a Jew. And I, Nephi, beheld it; and he said unto me: The book that thou beholdest is a record of the Jews, which contains the covenants of the Lord, which he hath made unto the house of Israel; and it also containeth many of the prophecies of the holy prophets; and it is a record like unto the engravings which are upon the plates of brass, save there are not so many; nevertheless, they contain the covenants of the Lord, which he hath made unto the house of Israel; wherefore, they are of great worth unto the Gentiles. 24 And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God. 25 Wherefore, these things go forth from the Jews in purity unto the Gentiles, according to the truth which is in God. 26 And after they go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of that great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away.

I do not pretend to have all the answers. But, in my humble opinion, I do believe that Satan has conspired, and is conspiring to lead everyone astray by whatever means he can. I have read the Book of Mormon numerous times, and continue to find great truth and knowledge from its words.

Love and peace

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am posting this so as to be able to return to this thread. At that time, I will reflect further upon what you have told us.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
When I read the title, specifically "The Book of Mormon" I instantly thought of the Broadway show from the creators of South Park.

Anyways, interesting read. I'm not particularly involved with any religion, so I don't believe in a God or Satan. Just bad choices and bad people.
Interesting read nonetheless.

ETA: from a non-believers point of view, I don't believe the second group of passages specifies Satan, as you said. I believe it's only saying churches that take from the book of God (the bible) and they twist the passages of said book to fit their views as they see fit. Which is what they've been doing, in my opinion, since the beginning.
edit on 23/1/2012 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MitchL61

I think this is a confirmation by the Book of Mormon (which is to say, it is confirming in its own belief) that the Bible which our nation has held so dear for so long has actually been pruned for unknown purposes. In other words, what we read in the Bible today has been reworked to tell a different, or perhaps incomplete, story.

Essentially, the Bible is, by means of omission, a lie...according to the Book of Mormon.

The conspiracy nuts will have a field day with this one.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
So one religion is denouncing another!?! Shocker.
Seeing as how Mormons were into slaughtering innocent people and blaming it on Native Americans, I'll take it with a grain of salt

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The three major religions are based on so many past religions that what we have today is basically the choice of Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite. Or maybe like politics, what we have left is Republicans, Democrats and Independents. What I'm saying is when power is concentrated at the top, these defining human experiences will coalesce into a few choices (by those power hungry people who are doing it to the forth estate and finance as I type this). With that, I am not a Mormon but I like the idea that they have successfully and respectively created a fourth religion with many good merits.

It's like they're the Dr. Pepper, or the Green Party. Ok, I've taken these analogies too far. Good thread, it's different. S&F.

edit on 23-1-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Believer101

I agree with you. I think the 2nd passages are referring to how the Bible has been corrupted by the original transcribers. It is known that the Catholic church was primarily responsible for the translation of the original biblical text. But I believe that unlike the Book of Mormon, the Bible was not translated by the power of God, but by men, scholars, and priests, who had a hidden agenda to control the masses. And, by doing so, have left us with a Bible that is up for different interpretations. Thereby, confusing what should be plain and simple truths.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Having thought about this thread now for few minutes, I agree with what others have posted. That the passage is about the corruption of the word of God in the bible by Christianity. It is a swipe at Christians by telling Mormons to be weary of their version of events.

If I may, I'd like to add that power and control are the two biggest motivators to corrupting something pure. Could it be that Christian scholars/monks changed the bible to get more money from their followers. Are their passages in the bible that tie money to faith, heaven, godliness?

If so, I think you can safely say those are the "changed" parts. Probably anything to do with a vengeful God (Old Testament) is a changed part to, as that adds to the controlling the masses factor.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

While that is true, in my opinion, everyone has to remember the bible is also written by man.
No matter how you spin it to be "the word of God" it is still written by man, which is everything else in written history. Man has flaws. Nobody is perfect. Therefore, there could be a lot of things they changed, added, or omitted if the whole Jesus thing actually took place, to fit their views, and various other things.
As well as with the translation from the original language to other languages. There's probably a lot that they left out, added in, or changed to fit their views and agenda's.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The Book of Mormon isn't any more the 'word of God' then the Qu'ran is or the Old Testament is. Sure, the writers probably got some of it right just by shear luck. But as far as any of it being trustworthy or 'holy'? Nope. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I could be wrong,,
and please MORMON : BOOK OF JOSEPH,, Scholars ONLY!

But does it not say that God promised " Jopheph Smith " ,
that it would be one of His Decendants that would Rule the U.S,
on that
Last Day of Judgement.?

Please correct my poor memory.

Respectfully.

Me.

edit on 23-1-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I'm not sure about the statement you are referring to, but it seems certainly possible. Through my geneaology
I found that George W Bush's greatx6-grandfather is my greatx7-grandfather.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
There are two books I prefer to read which are more truthful and less fanciful,

Aesop's Fables and The Fairy Tales Of The Brothers Grimm.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61
First off, let me begin by stating that I believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

And these next passages, I believe, are referring to the Holy Bible:

24 And the angel of the Lord said unto me: Thou hast beheld that the book proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew; and when it proceeded forth from the mouth of a Jew it contained the fulness of the gospel of the Lord, of whom the twelve apostles bear record; and they bear record according to the truth which is in the Lamb of God. 25 Wherefore, these things go forth from the Jews in purity unto the Gentiles, according to the truth which is in God. 26 And after they go forth by the hand of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, from the Jews unto the Gentiles, thou seest the formation of that great and abominable church, which is most abominable above all other churches; for behold, they have taken away from the gospel of the Lamb many parts which are plain and most precious; and also many covenants of the Lord have they taken away.

I do not pretend to have all the answers. But, in my humble opinion, I do believe that Satan has conspired, and is conspiring to lead everyone astray by whatever means he can. I have read the Book of Mormon numerous times, and continue to find great truth and knowledge from its words.

Love and peace

By it's own admission there, the mormon bible cannot be the Word of God.

"It contained the FULLNESS of the Gospel"

That's right, it contains ALL of the Gospel, not just parts of it snipped here and there and then re-packaged with additions, like the mormon book.

I do agree that religion, and specifically catholicism, are the root of all evil though. With the Pope sitting at the throne.

Jesus got angry very specifically about two things:

1. The money changers.
2. The religious leaders

That's right. Jesus was AGAINST religion. Why do you think they call Him the Truth the Light and the Way?

After 2,000 years the world sadly hasn't changed at all. Bankers and Popes still run the show.....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
ps. Mitt Romney is a mormon... if that matters to anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Check your time-line.

Joseph Smith claimed his *first vision* was when he was 14. But that vision told him to wait before he could get the plates.

It's been a long time since I saw the events laid out, but if memory serves, Joseph was closer to 24 when the BoM was first published. Certainly no longer a "boy of 14 years".

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I dont have my book of mormon anymore my dogs ate it not that i really care. I not a mormon im not really anything but i study different religions and i believe that you left something out. The great false church is also were the whore of Babylon comes from and if memory serves me she will spread false prophecy, and also something about the 3 days of darkness. I also have a subscription to a catholic mail thing that sometimes has long lists of prophecies and they are always talking about the coming darkness. So how could he have known all that was going to happen if not for visions not saying he was a prophet be he could have seen the future.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theGleep

You are correct. He was 14 years old when he received the first vision, but was not allowed to remove the plates from the place where they were buried until 4 years later. It was at that time that he began translating. The finished work was not published until several years after that. I did not intend to mislead anyone.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Thank-you for your honesty, and show of faith,,

good luck,,

He is Watching

ALL of it Mitt.

Me.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Should of kept it under his hat...

See what I did there?

Anyway, one made up religion chastising another made up religion is not something that actually matters in the real world.

My god is better than your god. Discuss...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join